Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

ChillyPhilly
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby ChillyPhilly Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:04 am

Gulum has signed for Whittlesea United as a player-coach if anyone's interested.
Wow I didn't expect that! Obviously keen to settle down with family and or focus on business outside of football. I heard he was looking into purchasing a pub here in Adelaide (The Stag I think as that closed down last year).
He was keen on Walker's Arms too.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby shinAUFC Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:10 pm

Anyone know of any updates on babas injury? I havnt seen anything.

We are probably one injury away from being in real trouble. Sure we have players to cover baba, boland and blackwood but we are now super thin in quality and on the verge if having to play guys out of position to field a competitive team not to mention the likely chance of losing goody over january.

I usually do not like the injury replacement rule, I would prefer to let squad depth take over but we really need a creative player to feel the void, be it upfront or midfield.

I think we need to try get baba off the list and come to an agreement or let insurance handle it and find a mid pushing ilso up top or just an out and out striker.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:52 pm

We are probably one injury away from being in real trouble. Sure we have players to cover baba, boland and blackwood but we are now super thin in quality and on the verge if having to play guys out of position to field a competitive team not to mention the likely chance of losing goody over january.

I usually do not like the injury replacement rule, I would prefer to let squad depth take over but we really need a creative player to feel the void, be it upfront or midfield.

I think we need to try get baba off the list and come to an agreement or let insurance handle it and find a mid pushing ilso up top or just an out and out striker.
Baba's back training but isn't doing ball work yet.
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:28 pm

The previous post blew this idea out of the water a little but it sounds like Boland is going to be out for a few months so still potentially good.

I would be quite happy to sign Carrusca as a very short term injury replacement (end of jan transfer window at the latest). Here's why:
1. He'd be available virtually immediately
2. Won't be fit but could be an impact player
3. Has a bit of magic no one else in our team has at the moment that could change a game for us

Even if it's a replacement for Boland, I'd still personally prefer a striker but seeming we probably won't sign anyone until January anyway why not (providing his wage demands aren't high but seeming he's weighing up NPL offers atm it seems unlikely)?
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:48 pm

Baba's back training but isn't doing ball work yet.
I feel terrible for saying this but im almost disappointed he is back so soon. A ling term injury and insurance job may have put all parties out of their misery.

Lets hope he can get back to fitness asap .
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:28 pm

We are apparently enquiring about fabio ferreira.

Imo this would indicate mileusenic has a deal lined up in january and we are expecting goodwin to be off for the asian cup( he has had asian interest previously ) or we would be looking to play him centrally which he did for ccm.

I think it woud be the former as playing centrally never worked for him.

Fantastic that the club is on the front foot.
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:15 pm

Imo this would indicate mileusenic has a deal lined up in january and we are expecting goodwin to be off for the asian cup( he has had asian interest previously ) or we would be looking to play him centrally which he did for ccm.

Who would Mileusnic be getting offers from? He hasn't really made too many waves in the two years he's been at the club. A good bench option, but who would be wanting to pick him up in the mid-season window?
we da best
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:17 pm

Who said that ??

Surely we are better off promoting a youth team player rather than going back to Fabs ?? I mean he could have an impact sure but it doesnt seem like a Kurz type move. Would it be a loan deal or a permanent move??
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:51 pm

Who would Mileusnic be getting offers from? He hasn't really made too many waves in the two years he's been at the club. A good bench option, but who would be wanting to pick him up in the mid-season window?
He had interest from Korea last season.

Its not that hard to believe, Kabsy Appiah was signed from CCM to the K2
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:48 am

Am all for letting Mileusnic go.... if there is a transfer fee.

I thought Ferreira was signed to Perth for the rest of the year? Don't think we need to bring him in anyhow; Halloran, Kitto, Goodwin, Strain and even Blackwood can all play on the wing after that I'd be happy to dip in to the youngsters.

Creative No10 or a front man is what we need, basically Carrusca and Djite have never been replaced.
supsup

Postby supsup Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:26 am

I second that. No #10 and no #9 is failure, if you ask me.

In saying that, if Flecha is fit he has more quality than Kitto. Sadly, Kitto is resigned to be just below A League quality
BenAD
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaías

Postby BenAD Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:04 pm

Im in two minds with Kitto. He's definitely not a starting player, however last season he was involved in more goals then other other player, scoring 7 times with 4 assists. He was seemingly often in the right place and when he came on against CCM he probably should of scored one and if Hallorans lay off was better, might of scored another. Stats don't tell the whole story of course.

I loved Ferreira, but I just don't feel like he will add anything over Goodwin, Halloran, Mileusnic, Kitto and Strain. And if all of those aren't good enough, surely we have to give one of the young kids a run.

Of course as said earlier, if we are resigned to losing one or more of the above in January the move makes more sense.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:51 pm

I don't want Ferreira back nor do I see why we need him. I doubt Goodwin would leave in Jan, especially if he's in the Asian Cup squad and I don't remember Nikola ever been linked with an overseas move and I couldn't find anything with a quick Google search.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:05 am

I don't want Ferreira back nor do I see why we need him. I doubt Goodwin would leave in Jan, especially if he's in the Asian Cup squad and I don't remember Nikola ever been linked with an overseas move and I couldn't find anything with a quick Google search.
Goodwin will likely be gone for the whole of january for the asian cup.

Im assuming the club from korea that were looking at mileusenic last season ended up taking kwabena appiah from ccm, both very similar in their skill set and ( possibly ) salary earnings.

This was documented on fox.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:06 am

Either way its all just rumours at this stage and credit to the club for being on the front foot and looking at all options rather than sitting back and pretending to be blindsighted

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”