Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Reds4Life
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Reds4Life Sun May 27, 2018 8:51 am

Stefan rates himself more highly than Donald Trump. He was shifted kicking and screaming here in the first place, one of those "I've grown out of Adelaide" kids.

If he actually wants to get his career moving again this would be his best chance, but does he realise it.
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Sun May 27, 2018 10:29 am

If we were playing tomorrow
-------------Izzo
Marrone Jakobsen Elsey Goodwin
--------- Strain Isiais
-------Konstandopolous
Mileusnic -----------------Kitto
--------------Baba
Pretty sure goody signed as with the condition he plays left wing and not full back. He was pretty strong about that being the reason he signed with Adelaide as that is his preferred position. What this means for kitto could be him playing central forward.
Obarizk
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jordan Elsey

Postby Obarizk Sun May 27, 2018 1:50 pm

Goodwin is an excellent signing, if he is too play on the wing then great, also could be back up at LB is really required.

The squad currently seems to be,
Goalkeepers
Izzo
Margush
Richards??

Defenders
Jakobsen
Elsey
Regan
Marrone

Midfeilders
Isaias
Lia
N. Konstandopoulos
Strain
Brook
D'Arrigo??

Wingers
Goodwin
Miluesnic
Kitto
K. Konstandopoulos
NIyongabire

Strikers
Diawara
Blackwood
Stamatelopoulos

19 to 21 players signed, depending on whether Richards and/or D'Arrigo are part of the senior squad. 3 visa players signed Isaias, Jakobsen and Diawara although Isaias is expected not to be one by next season.

The squad desperately needs defenders, even if Strain is counted a defender still need 3 players which would be close to a full squad. The starting LB could well be a visa player almost has to be to fit in two or three more visa players and have something like a balanced squad.

There is a lack of quality in the midfield and a huge need for a number 10, this would be a visa player.

Another striker to back up Baba would be good. Baba is quality, if he can stay injury free then 15+ goals is highly likely, but Blackwood and Stamatelopoulos do not fill me with great confidence. They might do okay with a proper number 10 to provide quality service.

Perhaps the final visa player (assuming Isaias is not one) could be a winger who can play as a back to goal striker as well but having 6 wingers in such a limited squad size is a bit of overkill.

So
Izzo
Marrone - Elsey - Jakobsen - VISA
Isaias
VISA - N.Konstandopoulos
Miluesnic - Baba - Goodwin

Margush
Regan
Lia /Strain /Brook
Kitto
Blackwood
RedRebel

Postby RedRebel Sun May 27, 2018 8:06 pm

He was great for us and a huge part in our trophies.

I dunno , his ability to pick a fight with city players and fans only to play for them again and then playing against us acting like a brat towards fans makes me want to see him in a victory shirt.
Yeah, shame. I did note when he emerged back at mc and played against us again for the first time, think that was at home last November, there was absolutely no reaction to him, not from where I was sitting anyway. Didn't hear one boo or noise against him so unless fans demand loyalty, they may just not get it from some types of players. His situation is a bit of a weird one though so I do cut him a bit of slack but he's already ping ponged so does that leave him ponging?
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sun May 27, 2018 9:02 pm

Goodwin is an excellent signing, if he is too play on the wing then great, also could be back up at LB is really required.

The squad currently seems to be,
Goalkeepers
Izzo
Margush
Richards??

Defenders
Jakobsen
Elsey
Regan
Marrone

Midfeilders
Isaias
Lia
N. Konstandopoulos
Strain
Brook
D'Arrigo??

Wingers
Goodwin
Miluesnic
Kitto
K. Konstandopoulos
NIyongabire

Strikers
Diawara
Blackwood
Stamatelopoulos

19 to 21 players signed, depending on whether Richards and/or D'Arrigo are part of the senior squad. 3 visa players signed Isaias, Jakobsen and Diawara although Isaias is expected not to be one by next season.

The squad desperately needs defenders, even if Strain is counted a defender still need 3 players which would be close to a full squad. The starting LB could well be a visa player almost has to be to fit in two or three more visa players and have something like a balanced squad.

There is a lack of quality in the midfield and a huge need for a number 10, this would be a visa player.

Another striker to back up Baba would be good. Baba is quality, if he can stay injury free then 15+ goals is highly likely, but Blackwood and Stamatelopoulos do not fill me with great confidence. They might do okay with a proper number 10 to provide quality service.

Perhaps the final visa player (assuming Isaias is not one) could be a winger who can play as a back to goal striker as well but having 6 wingers in such a limited squad size is a bit of overkill.

So
Izzo
Marrone - Elsey - Jakobsen - VISA
Isaias
VISA - N.Konstandopoulos
Miluesnic - Baba - Goodwin

Margush
Regan
Lia /Strain /Brook
Kitto
Blackwood

Welcome to the forum Obarizk.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
flavze

Postby flavze Mon May 28, 2018 8:57 am

From the 2nd placed team to the 7th...? Strange.
but a much bigger team who expects be be 1st and anything else is a failure.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Mon May 28, 2018 6:26 pm

From the 2nd placed team to the 7th...? Strange.
but a much bigger team who expects be be 1st and anything else is a failure.

True, "bigger club" in the capitol but the best supported clubs in Austria are Rapid Vienna and Sturm Graz in my opinion.

I reckon he has pissed off a lot of Sturm supporters (me included) by going there.

But that's football.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
RedRebel

Postby RedRebel Mon May 28, 2018 6:50 pm

Well there you go. Mauk to Roar amidst a strange lack of noise.
Jumbinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hugene

Postby Jumbinho Mon May 28, 2018 8:53 pm

Assuming the rumours about him wanting out of the mariners have some merit...I desperately hope we have a genuine crack at getting Danny De Silva here. I don’t have a lot of belief that we could Get it done but would be perfect to add the creative spark that we so sorely need
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Mon May 28, 2018 9:24 pm

Well there you go. Mauk to Roar amidst a strange lack of noise.
Now he can play alongside...wait for it...Matt McKay!
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
Obarizk
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jordan Elsey

Postby Obarizk Tue May 29, 2018 10:53 am

Assuming the rumours about him wanting out of the mariners have some merit...I desperately hope we have a genuine crack at getting Danny De Silva here. I don’t have a lot of belief that we could Get it done but would be perfect to add the creative spark that we so sorely need
There is not room in the squad for De Silva and a visa number 10 unless you don't want a defence.
What do you want De Silva, a visa number 10 or no defence?
Jumbinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hugene

Postby Jumbinho Tue May 29, 2018 12:25 pm

There is not room in the squad for De Silva and a visa number 10 unless you don't want a defence.
What do you want De Silva, a visa number 10 or no defence?
My apologies for not making it clear that if we got de Silva to play 10 we wouldn’t then go and sign a foreigner to fill the exact same role...
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue May 29, 2018 12:56 pm

According to the internet Awer Mabils loan is ending.

There were rumours in other seasons we were negotiating a loan move for him, i wonder if this could happen

He is at an age that he should be aiming for the asian cup, regular football in adelaide may be good for him rather than playing for clubs in relegation battles.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Tue May 29, 2018 1:34 pm

According to the internet Awer Mabils loan is ending.

There were rumours in other seasons we were negotiating a loan move for him, i wonder if this could happen

He is at an age that he should be aiming for the asian cup, regular football in adelaide may be good for him rather than playing for clubs in relegation battles.
Would love him flying down the wing at Hindmarsh again.

However, has he come along as much as it looked like he would ?? Reality is Mileusnic is as good now, and we have a huge hole left by Johan.

Still, he would be welcomed back with open arms
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Tue May 29, 2018 2:01 pm

Missing out on Mauk is a bit of a blow but if his attitude is that of Troisi then so long.

Would have thought a mid of (DM) Isaias, (Box-Box) Mauk and (No10) VISA would have been ideal.

I was one of those that never particularly rated Mabil that highly, perhaps he's refined his game o/s. Would happily have him in the team, at the right price.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”