Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby EdDog Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:02 pm

I think sub007 is right. If they're contracted and released outside of the window then they can't play for another club until the window reopens.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:36 pm

Yup your right, it seems to have been tightened up recently.
Crucially, the free agent must have left his previous club before the closure of the transfer window - as was th case with ex-Manchester City star Yaya Toure.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:55 am

Arzani ruled out for the season.

Goodwin is surely a certain selection to give leckie competition for left wing?

I feel like Elsey and halloran could be dark horses for selection also

We have enough depth in our squad though but goodwin has scored 7 goals in all competitions i beleive , that is what our leading goal scorer last year had all season ( kitto )
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:52 pm

Karim Ansarifard. 28 year old Iranian who scored 17 goals in 25 games for Olympiacos last season. Has scored 18 goals in 68 internationals for Iran. Very unrealistic.

Imo we have to go after Ansarifard even if it's highly unlikely that he'll sign for us. He's prolific and is an Asian player which will be invaluable if we qualify for the ACL but we could also attract some Iranian fans.

EDIT: Just found out that Nottingham Forest are trying to sign Ansarifard and are waiting on a work permit.
We can now rule him out. Signed for Forest.
sub007

Postby sub007 Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:02 pm

Ochieng's off to Melbourne. Not sure if he's playing NPL or signed for a HAL club.

Source: his insta and Reegs insta story

EDIT: Dandenong City
sub007

Postby sub007 Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:36 pm

A quote from Paul Pezos confirms that Armiento has signed a scholarship.
“We’ve got the ones that already have scholarships (with the senior team),” he said.

“The likes of Carlo (Armiento), Louis (D’Arrigo), Pacifique (Niyongabire) and all that.
https://www.adelaideunited.com.au/news/ ... on-preview
flavze

Postby flavze Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:21 pm

Guiseppe Rossi is a free agent and a quality signing if he stayed injury free. Could be a realistic target for an A-League club.
sub007

Postby sub007 Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:14 pm

Guiseppe Rossi is a free agent and a quality signing if he stayed injury free. Could be a realistic target for an A-League club.
He already turned down Wellington and unbelievably doesn't qualify as a Class A marquee (FFA will help fund Class A marquees), yet Honda does.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:04 pm

He already turned down Wellington and unbelievably doesn't qualify as a Class A marquee (FFA will help fund Class A marquees), yet Honda does.
It would be interesting to read if the FFA have guidelines around what makes someone a class A marquee. If we consider ADP, Dwight Yorke and David Villa as class A. I wouldn't put Honda or Rossi in that class. But that's more based around the marketability of those players more than ability (especially at the age some marquees hit the HAL).
But personally the entire system is a joke and shouldn't exist in the first place. I feel like this would be like me approaching the Government to ask for them to chip in to buy half my Ferrari I'm getting. Having a Ferrari on the road in Adelaide is exciting for everyone even though I benefit far more than anyone else for having it.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:49 pm

It would be interesting to read if the FFA have guidelines around what makes someone a class A marquee. If we consider ADP, Dwight Yorke and David Villa as class A. I wouldn't put Honda or Rossi in that class. But that's more based around the marketability of those players more than ability (especially at the age some marquees hit the HAL).
But personally the entire system is a joke and shouldn't exist in the first place. I feel like this would be like me approaching the Government to ask for them to chip in to buy half my Ferrari I'm getting. Having a Ferrari on the road in Adelaide is exciting for everyone even though I benefit far more than anyone else for having it.
The elephant in the room is clubs like sfc and MV are more likely to be given grants for their marquees than ccm, adelaide and wellington given the size of their fan base and the amount of “marquee matches” making said player more profitable.

Which ties into your post stuckey, the fund promotes the league at the expense of the leagues integrity while increasing the gap between wealthy and smaller clubs.

Lure thrill seeking one off fans at the expense of long time football fans seems to be the mantra.

IMO its kinda like asking the referee to allow the game to go into extra time because you are a goal down but you have money in your pocket.
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:05 pm

I'd be gobsmacked if he didn't end up in the MLS.
sub007

Postby sub007 Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:03 pm

Agree
sub007

Postby sub007 Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:05 pm

Gulum has signed for Whittlesea United as a player-coach if anyone's interested.
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:21 pm

It's not because the FFA favour SFC and MV (although they do) it's purely the dollars. SFC & MV have the dollars to put in a share of a big marquee, and we just can't match that.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:53 am

Gulum has signed for Whittlesea United as a player-coach if anyone's interested.
Wow I didn't expect that! Obviously keen to settle down with family and or focus on business outside of football. I heard he was looking into purchasing a pub here in Adelaide (The Stag I think as that closed down last year).
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”