Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Stuckey Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:55 pm

Sad to read Carrusca is having trouble securing another HAL deal. Wants to live in Australia permanently with his family.

Wouldn't mind if we picked him up as a squaddie.
I hear AU made him a significantly reduced offer. Meaning they view him as a squaddie. I'm not happy with the club letting him go with zero fanfare. But I am proud of the club for not getting sucked into offering him more than what he contributed last season.
Time to Djbate!
EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby EdDog Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:59 pm

Sad to read Carrusca is having trouble securing another HAL deal. Wants to live in Australia permanently with his family.

I hear AU made him a significantly reduced offer. Meaning they view him as a squaddie. I'm not happy with the club letting him go with zero fanfare. But I am proud of the club for not getting sucked into offering him more than what he contributed last season.
Yeah no issue with a reduced fee. The fact he can't get a gig with any other A League club shows he's not what he used to be.
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:31 am

Wouldn't surprise me if we did, either that or a cashed up NPL club here gets him as a drawcard.
RedRebel

Postby RedRebel Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:46 am

Hmm, I just don't get it. Personally I love Carrusca as a player, never had a problem with him. It was the whole team that had issues, he's now a citizen, I'm sure he's realistic and would take reduced wages. Snap him up AU and keep him involved in the club and in Adelaide.
He's my 9 year old boys favourite player too. Do it Ante farkin..
The club's hardly got any players and is full of kids, there needs to be balance and the man's got skills, I just don't get it.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:02 am

Exactly. If there are issues with squeezing into the salary cap then I get it, but I doubt that's the case. If Chelo wants to talk, keep the door open. He has to be realistic about his own (slightly diminishing) worth though - he's still playing very very well but age has to factor into his value.
It may be that the club is aware that he's desperate to stay and is just leaving the matter to drag on to push his price down .. but I want him back farken!

He's a legend, loyal, and one of the most skilful players to ever grace the league - he's the sort of player you can go to a match just to appreciate his touch on the ball. Of course football is business, but a lot of business people don't seem to understand the value of romance in the game.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:47 am

It might be that a reduced wage isn't much of an issue, more the extent of that reduction.
Stuckey

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Stuckey Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:35 pm

Exactly. If there are issues with squeezing into the salary cap then I get it, but I doubt that's the case. If Chelo wants to talk, keep the door open. He has to be realistic about his own (slightly diminishing) worth though - he's still playing very very well but age has to factor into his value.
It may be that the club is aware that he's desperate to stay and is just leaving the matter to drag on to push his price down .. but I want him back farken!

He's a legend, loyal, and one of the most skilful players to ever grace the league - he's the sort of player you can go to a match just to appreciate his touch on the ball. Of course football is business, but a lot of business people don't seem to understand the value of romance in the game.
I guess it depends on what he's expected to provide the side. As a creative number 10 I'd expect assists and goals. Last season he provided very little of both.
When the club has someone like O'Doherty on a fraction of Carrusca's wage contributing more. So why sign Carrusca if O'Doherty can do his role better?
Time to Djbate!
Old Gregg

Postby Old Gregg Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:39 pm

ah statistics, the curse of the football romantic...
:)
I really, really like O'Dog as a player and think he can grow into something really special, but this sums up my position:
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:10 pm

I think what we're all missing with our red-tinted glasses on is that it all comes down to what the boss wants from his players. Chelo, despite his club legend status, is probably not what Kurz wants from one of his players.
RedRebel

Postby RedRebel Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:19 pm

Por qué no los dos de hecho
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:45 pm

Yes it is but I'm happy for him that he is now an Australian citizen and they can't make him leave the country...

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:46 am

ah statistics, the curse of the football romantic...
:)
I really, really like O'Dog as a player and think he can grow into something really special, but this sums up my position:
That't true. Although he would then be taking game time away from Brook. Which then once O'Dog moves on we need him (or the like) to step up.

BTW I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it. But Carrusca was at the game last night.
Time to Djbate!
Old Gregg

Postby Old Gregg Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:09 am

Yes he seems to have a genuine love for the team. Must be tough for him watching them out there when he's not part of it all.
Also spotted King Sparky on the hill
RedRebel

Postby RedRebel Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:21 pm

BTW I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it. But Carrusca was at the game last night.
Ha, i was wondering that yesterday afternoon when i should have been wondering other things.
Was Carrusca going to go tonight? Has the club approached him and invited him along? Did he have to call up tiketek for a ticket or was he going to line up at the gate? If so, would he use his, or has he applied for a health care card yet? Was he just going to stay home and watch and watch telly instead?

Thanks for answering some of my questions at least, glad he went along..
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:19 pm

Ha, i was wondering that yesterday afternoon when i should have been wondering other things.
Was Carrusca going to go tonight? Has the club approached him and invited him along? Did he have to call up tiketek for a ticket or was he going to line up at the gate? If so, would he use his, or has he applied for a health care card yet? Was he just going to stay home and watch and watch telly instead?

Thanks for answering some of my questions at least, glad he went along..
It didn't appear that he was there in any association with the club.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”