Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

bpowell454
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby bpowell454 Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:13 pm

Best wishes to him at his new club but we didn’t need a Jamie Tartt on top of everything else
Need to give him a chance to have his redemption arc though!

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Bptiger25
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Goodwin

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Bptiger25 Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:45 pm

Well get ready for the wooden spoon , we play well in patches then go to sleep at the back , our attack is disjointed players find it hard to pass to a team mate , this has to fall on CV
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:46 pm

Best wishes to him at his new club but we didn’t need a Jamie Tartt on top of everything else

Yeah, but Jamie came good in the end :D
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:20 am

Agree Otto, CV will do very well to make finals from here.
I actually feel sorry for him as it feels he is on a hiding to nothing looking at what he has to work with.
There is a chance still, but things would need to change pretty fast!
A bit of a late reply as I haven’t been on here for a while but I agree.

I defended the clubs lack of signings in the off-season as we didn’t need to make many at the time and Goodwin was a late departure.

I cannot defend our January transfer business though. Goodwin was not replaced, despite the club having months to replace him, Popovic was sold and no replacement was signed while Bernardo forced his way out to Macarthur and we got nothing in return from them. We did sign Dukuly as a deadline day replacement but he’s a player that we all know isn’t anywhere near ALM standard.

I cant put much blame on Carl for our poor season, this is purely on Cor and Ned.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:30 pm

I actually feel sorry for him as it feels he is on a hiding to nothing looking at what he has to work with.

I defended the clubs lack of signings in the off-season as we didn’t need to make many at the time and Goodwin was a late departure.

I cannot defend our January transfer business though. Goodwin was not replaced, despite the club having months to replace him, Popovic was sold and no replacement was signed while Bernardo forced his way out to Macarthur and we got nothing in return from them. We did sign Dukuly as a deadline day replacement but he’s a player that we all know isn’t anywhere near ALM standard.

I cant put much blame on Carl for our poor season, this is purely on Cor and Ned.
Does anyone else feel like Carl maybe can't attract the players? Like Gombau had connections and a Spanish football system to appeal to Spaniards, Kurz brought some of his guys in, even Rini Coolen and the Dutch coach who I can't think of atm... nope, the guy that had a go at Kitto in the presser, nothing. Blank. Met him once, had zero personality.

Anyway, the point is, does Carl have the player contacts to bring them to the club that we are maybe missing out on with a foreign coach or bigger coach?

Or does that fall on to the club admins?

sub007

Postby sub007 Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:40 pm

Does anyone else feel like Carl maybe can't attract the players? Like Gombau had connections and a Spanish football system to appeal to Spaniards, Kurz brought some of his guys in, even Rini Coolen and the Dutch coach who I can't think of atm... nope, the guy that had a go at Kitto in the presser, nothing. Blank. Met him once, had zero personality.

Anyway, the point is, does Carl have the player contacts to bring them to the club that we are maybe missing out on with a foreign coach or bigger coach?

Or does that fall on to the club admins?

Combination of budget cutting and the director of football being the guy that used to be head of marketing at the club.
mikeewanuk
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: The new Number 10
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: SHA LA LA

Postby mikeewanuk Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:42 pm

No Carl doesn’t have the international connection of the other coaches mentioned. But the problem is that the Club has announced its intentions to develop talent and sell on. Would a seasoned professional really want to compete with a seventeen year-old with potential for a starting position? Unless he was offered bucket loads of cash. And that is never going to happen.
offshorejack
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby offshorejack Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:45 pm

I wonder how we would’ve gone if Verbeek had’ve hung around… I must be getting old, because I can barely remember how we were under him???

I do remember the delicious 4 nil cup win though

I think the club as a whole lost a lot with Petrillo’s departure
sub007

Postby sub007 Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:27 pm

I wonder how we would’ve gone if Verbeek had’ve hung around… I must be getting old, because I can barely remember how we were under him???

In my 10 years + of supporting the club, he’s definitely the worst coach we’ve had in that time. The players hated the guy and we conceded 15 goals in his last four games.
Woy of the Wovers
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hiroshi

Postby Woy of the Wovers Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:07 pm

In my 10 years + of supporting the club, he’s definitely the worst coach we’ve had in that time. The players hated the guy and we conceded 15 goals in his last four games.
There’s only two things I can’t stand: Racial intolerance - and the Dutch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bptiger25

Postby Bptiger25 Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:49 pm

Just read a statement from CV , I thick it may be the same statement that he rolls out when he’s asked about the squad. It goes like this somewhat, we are looking and talking to players at other clubs and players over seas , as well as our kids coming through, I think the only truth is the last line in that statement
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:04 pm

Just read a statement from CV , I thick it may be the same statement that he rolls out when he’s asked about the squad. It goes like this somewhat, we are looking and talking to players at other clubs and players over seas , as well as our kids coming through, I think the only truth is the last line in that statement
I’m trying to dial back my cynicism and feel positive, so I’m going to believe that’s what they’re planning to do.
Bptiger25

Postby Bptiger25 Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:31 pm

So u believe in Santa 🧑‍🎄 lol 😂
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:44 pm

Good.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:05 pm

Good.

B)

Love the tag line in the e-mail to members on this....

"Delianov's contract extension reflects Adelaide United's commitment to nurturing talent and building a competitive team capable of achieving success in the A-League and beyond."

A genuine message of hope to the faithful or just PR bullshit to appease the discontented masses ?

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”