Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Bptiger25
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Goodwin

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Bptiger25 Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:05 am

That’s the biggest bit of bullshit I have ever heard , a coach been happy with his current players , more like that’s what u got to work with coach say nothing and get in with it , is more like it 🤔🥴🤪
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:06 pm

That’s the biggest bit of bullshit I have ever heard , a coach been happy with his current players , more like that’s what u got to work with coach say nothing and get in with it , is more like it 🤔🥴🤪

Do you mean bullshit as in it's not true ? Or bullshit as in if that's the case CV shouldn't be putting up with it ?
Either way I don't see Carl as a "yes" man and I think he would have built up enough standing as a coach to target new players if he really felt the need.
However I think he would be reasonably happy with his current squad. They have been one game short of a GF the last two seasons. He will be hoping that his younger players will progress enough this season to take that extra step.
But of course there is a school of thought that you should freshen up the squad to at least some degree each year to prevent complacency setting in.
Bptiger25

Postby Bptiger25 Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:07 am

Ur correct on both thoughts , yes they should sign some experience to help the kids u just can’t expect kids to carry u all season , but yes I think he’s been told that’s all u got to work with so don’t say anything . I just don’t understand why u would want to own a team and not support it doesn’t make sense
EdDog

Postby EdDog Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:49 pm

There's just no money. Owners don't want to invest / lose money. They just want to run it within its means, which tbh is fair enough as it's sustainable. Just means youth will be paramount and the best we can hope for.

I'd suspect the whispers of sale a year or so back were due to the Van Eck bloke being unwell and trying to offload it as he was the 'major' owner. Wouldn't be surprised if we are still on sale given nothing has been invested after Cor et al came and visited.
AndyJebiga
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Judicial

Postby AndyJebiga Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:54 pm

There's just no money. Owners don't want to invest / lose money. They just want to run it within its means, which tbh is fair enough as it's sustainable. Just means youth will be paramount and the best we can hope for.

I'd suspect the whispers of sale a year or so back were due to the Van Eck bloke being unwell and trying to offload it as he was the 'major' owner. Wouldn't be surprised if we are still on sale given nothing has been invested after Cor et al came and visited.
season is still months away, i think we'll get a clearer idea of where things stand once the european and saudi transfer window shuts in a couple weeks - in terms of free agents

the clubs got the money and room for the right visa player, i think a lot will depend on if louis stays or goes though

it is concerning that clubs with a similar or lower budget (eg brisbane and the mariners) have already started making new signings and that we havent signed a single new player yet (only team in the league to not sign somebody yet)

theres also stefan mauk to consider for that box to box midfield role (if louis goes and the club dont sign a visa midfielder) - Mauky has to be high up the transfer list, given that hes off contract in the january 24 window

hes how old now? 27/28? played regularily in japan (albeit J2), has a very good relationship with the club and several players in the side.

absolute no brainer signing for me (and he wouldnt cost a fortune either)

in terms of the club being for sale still, im led to believe that if the right offer came in (20 million plus) then we would be sold in a heartbeat

pelligra and that adelaide law firm had the money to buy the club for the past 18 months, they just couldnt uncouple the chinese club from the deal
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:48 pm

My mail is d’arrigo is pretty much gone, just a matter of where now. Really need an injection of quality for the last few positions.
EdDog

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby EdDog Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:12 pm

season is still months away, i think we'll get a clearer idea of where things stand once the european and saudi transfer window shuts in a couple weeks - in terms of free agents

the clubs got the money and room for the right visa player, i think a lot will depend on if louis stays or goes though

it is concerning that clubs with a similar or lower budget (eg brisbane and the mariners) have already started making new signings and that we havent signed a single new player yet (only team in the league to not sign somebody yet)

theres also stefan mauk to consider for that box to box midfield role (if louis goes and the club dont sign a visa midfielder) - Mauky has to be high up the transfer list, given that hes off contract in the january 24 window

hes how old now? 27/28? played regularily in japan (albeit J2), has a very good relationship with the club and several players in the side.

absolute no brainer signing for me (and he wouldnt cost a fortune either)

in terms of the club being for sale still, im led to believe that if the right offer came in (20 million plus) then we would be sold in a heartbeat

pelligra and that adelaide law firm had the money to buy the club for the past 18 months, they just couldnt uncouple the chinese club from the deal
Waiting is what we've always done so we don't end up in a bidding war. Get the dregs on the cheap. Uninspiring but economical.

I don't mind the lack of signings as we have a decent squad and the youngsters should be a "year" better.

I would rather the club invest money into training facilities tbh. Goody said when speaking to the owners on their visit that it's a bit run down and needs some cash injected. Would probably allow us to get an extra couple % out of the current squad.

Mauk would only ever return to Adelaide surely. Would welcome him back with open arms.

On D'Arrigo, I've heard similar. Carl isn't shy about it and the club is happy for him to try his luck overseas.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:25 pm

D'Arrigo off to the Polish 2nd Division. Not a great career move I would have thought.

Get yourself a new agent Louis.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:25 am

Craig Goodwin could be back off to Saudi Arabia.

$800,000 transfer fee for AU and a $2.5m salary for Goody. Final pay packet before retirement potentially.

Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
Bptiger25

Postby Bptiger25 Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:39 pm

Well u can’t blame him , he can see the writing the wall , no new signings players leaving I would be jumping ship as well , I love watching my team play but it is just getting harder watching other teams pick up players we we just go down hill again
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:48 pm

Apparently he asked for a three-year extension but the Club refused.

I don't blame him, but there's a crisis brewing here.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
mcjules
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:40 pm

Let's all be honest, without Craig we weren't anywhere near a top 6 team last season. We simply can't replace 15 goals and many assists on the sort of budget the club will pay, let alone this late in the pre-season.

I hope we can still entertain, Nestor is an excitement machine that will produce those moments for us hopefully and we can still enjoy the season but I don't see it being a title challening one.
AndyJebiga
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Judicial

Postby AndyJebiga Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:15 pm

have heard mumblings about craig for a few weeks now, it would go a long way to explain the lack of media done by him recently (hes normally front and centre)

the bigger question is if the full transfer fee will be invested back into the squad? that fee could get 3x players in the $300k bracket.

option wise we look very light on the whole left side (left back and left wing)
EdDog

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby EdDog Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:32 pm

have heard mumblings about craig for a few weeks now, it would go a long way to explain the lack of media done by him recently (hes normally front and centre)

the bigger question is if the full transfer fee will be invested back into the squad? that fee could get 3x players in the $300k bracket.

option wise we look very light on the whole left side (left back and left wing)
Very worrying if the request for an extension is true.

Sounds like the owners are trying to claw back as much cash as they can. No chance this gets reinvested in the squad.

Nestory is also close to a Bayern deal to leave on his 18th birthday next March (before season's end).

Cup drubbing might have been the writing on the wall.

Will be watching the NPL boys next season + Isa and Clough. Hopefully the club can be sold asap as we need change.
Woy of the Wovers
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hiroshi

Postby Woy of the Wovers Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:41 pm

I wish Craig all the best. He has been fabulous for us and deserves our applause and support in his next venture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”