Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby blahblah Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:00 pm

Sad to see Jackobsen go as he still has value as both a player and mentor for our emerging defensive stocks.

Blackwood is a good player who always seems out of position as a striker. We have a surplus of exciting local attacking talent so his departure isn't a surprise.

As for Yongbin Chen, let's just hope that whatever obligation was owed that resulted in him being given a chance has now been deemed paid and the next player we get from Qingdao is a bona fide footballer, preferably a centre back.
RedsUnited
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:30 pm

Would Marrone be out of place as a starting CB alongside Elsey? If he can lock down that position, I'd say give him the armband, because he'd surely be the longest standing current squad member.

As for the Qingdao experiment... I don't have much to say on that front...
blahblah

Postby blahblah Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:40 am

Would Marrone be out of place as a starting CB alongside Elsey? If he can lock down that position, I'd say give him the armband, because he'd surely be the longest standing current squad member.

Marrone would make a decent CB. The position is about being able to read play, talk to players and be a leader. He has those attributes.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:15 am

Marrone would make a decent CB. The position is about being able to read play, talk to players and be a leader. He has those attributes.
Yes, but positioning, tackling and strong heading are also required.
Perhaps a sweeper /shielding role in front of the defence would suit his skill set.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:10 pm

Marrone has previously played as a CDM.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:52 pm

Being reported that City May have signed Gomulka.
Extremely disappointed if true,.
blahblah

Postby blahblah Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:32 am

Being reported that City May have signed Gomulka.
Extremely disappointed if true,.
I hope that doesn't eventuate. I assume we are offering Gomulka a senior contract.
The Claw

Postby The Claw Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:56 am

Reported we are offering a scholarship where city are offering a senior contract.
Bizarre if true, and not with Bruce or the club's stated strategy.
For me, he looks like a player capable of playing at a higher level, should be on a senior deal.
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:34 pm

Veart to be signed as head coach. No brainer really. Club legend and has shown a lot since taking the reins.

Just want troisi to cone good with his knee and retain the youth Treasures we’ve uncovered last season.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:48 am

Reported we are offering a scholarship where city are offering a senior contract.
Bizarre if true, and not with Bruce or the club's stated strategy.
For me, he looks like a player capable of playing at a higher level, should be on a senior deal.
I gotta wonder where a story like this comes from. Wouldn't be surprised if a) City are out they saying they'll offer kids contracts to drive his price up for AU. I'd be happy to see AU talk other clubs into paying over the odds to re-sign one of their own players if that takes up a large chunk of their salary cap. b) Gomulka's agent is releasing articles like this to drive his client's price as well.

I would seriously doubt with all that Bruce has said over the last year about club direction that they'd let Gomulka go to City because they aren't offering a senior deal.
But I would certainly be shocked if other clubs weren't showing interest in AU. But as far as I can tell AU only has 16 players on their books now I expect Gomulka to be signed on a senior deal. I doubt there is any rush though as the new season isn't kicking off till December.
Time to Djbate!
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:45 pm

The club want to keep Opseth and Kakobsen but are waiting for the CBA to be sorted out before offering them new contracts.
sub007

Postby sub007 Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:46 pm

Gomulka is officially gone. If the rumours of him being offered a scholarship deal while City are offering him a senior contract are true, then that is just piss poor from the club.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby bpowell454 Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:56 pm

Gomulka is officially gone. If the rumours of him being offered a scholarship deal while City are offering him a senior contract are true, then that is just piss poor from the club.
The club seem bitter about it. Maybe they matched the offer and he still declined?

Adelaide United can advise midfielder, Taras Gomulka, will leave the Club after making five senior appearances. 

Club Director of Football, Bruce Djite, said: “It’s disappointing that Taras has decided we aren’t the club for him to continue his development. 

“Carl has been aware of Taras’ potential for some time and gave him his first opportunity to play professional football when the team returned from the COVID-19 break.

“We truly believe that it was in Taras’ best interest to remain at our club and with his family to further his development, however it is clear that he has taken alternate advice.

“We wish Taras the best for his future.”
sub007

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby sub007 Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:31 pm

The club seem bitter about it. Maybe they matched the offer and he still declined?

Adelaide United can advise midfielder, Taras Gomulka, will leave the Club after making five senior appearances. 

Club Director of Football, Bruce Djite, said: “It’s disappointing that Taras has decided we aren’t the club for him to continue his development. 

“Carl has been aware of Taras’ potential for some time and gave him his first opportunity to play professional football when the team returned from the COVID-19 break.

“We truly believe that it was in Taras’ best interest to remain at our club and with his family to further his development, however it is clear that he has taken alternate advice.

“We wish Taras the best for his future.”
Bruce has said the rumour was incorrect so you’re probably right.

I honestly don’t understand why Gomulka would turn us down for them though. He would get way more game time with us given they are stacked at DM not to mention pretty much every player who has left us for them has regressed.
The Claw

Postby The Claw Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:47 pm

Someone of his potential should not of been in the position to be lost to a rival to begin with, especially at a club with a stated vision of SA youth/local pathway. Not good enough from the club.

He definitely looks as good a prospect as I’ve seen come through in a while.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”