Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby EdDog Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:36 am

Doesn't sound like we are finished in our hunt for a DM:

Adelaide United are reportedly in talks with Perth Glory for a deal that may involve swapping Australian U-23 keeper Daniel Margush for a Glory holding midfielder before the A-League transfer window closes on Oct 15. Margush, 21, has made seven A-League appearances
[Advertiser]
Bruce has poured cold water on this on calling it fake news on Twitter.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:38 pm

Doesn't sound like we are finished in our hunt for a DM:

Adelaide United are reportedly in talks with Perth Glory for a deal that may involve swapping Australian U-23 keeper Daniel Margush for a Glory holding midfielder before the A-League transfer window closes on Oct 15. Margush, 21, has made seven A-League appearances
[Advertiser]
Bruce has poured cold water on this on calling it fake news on Twitter.
And Val is still reporting it anyway.

He also said that the club are willing to trade Blackwood but Perth want Margus.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby shinAUFC Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:55 pm

when you look at our list theres quite a few kids we have been hearing about for years now who are at the age where they should be on the verge of performing for the senior team.

Im starting to feel like there could be something special about the squad we are building and it is very similar to that of what Gombau had built.

We only need one or two of these guys to play above of their salary level and this season could be one hell of a ride, particularly if we can find another kids in the midfield to come through with the same impact as Mcgree or Mauk did.

also our Local 11 looks something like

Armiento...Toure...Mileusenic
...................troisi......................
..........Mcgree.......Konsta.......
Kitto....Elsey....marrone..strain.
.................izzo...............

thats impressive tbh! certainly not the strongest team aufc has ever fielded but given the promise of toure and armiento we could be heading into a bit of a golden time for Adelaide natives at the club.

I'm looking forward to the many 4-3 wins lol
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Reds United
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcelo Carrusca

Postby Reds United Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:55 pm

Perth Glory seem to have replaced Matt Spiranovic. I was just reading a preview of PG's season and it actually stated that he has been replaced. They have signed Swiss defender, Gregory Wuthrich to replace Spiranovic. If Spiranovic is indeed available, Adelaide United should jump at the chance to sign him. Not only is he a classy and experienced international centre back, but he is good enough to play in a defensive midfield role in front of Jakobsen and Elsey. He has played there before and Transfermarkt actually lists this as his secondary position. The beauty of this is that he can revert to his normal role as a centre back if Jakobsen and Elsey are injured or suspended. Signing Spiranovic would really be something and something that fills the void left behind by the departure of Isaias.
sub007

Postby sub007 Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:59 pm

Perth Glory seem to have replaced Matt Spiranovic. I was just reading a preview of PG's season and it actually stated that he has been replaced. They have signed Swiss defender, Gregory Wuthrich to replace Spiranovic. If Spiranovic is indeed available, Adelaide United should jump at the chance to sign him. Not only is he a classy and experienced international centre back, but he is good enough to play in a defensive midfield role in front of Jakobsen and Elsey. He has played there before and Transfermarkt actually lists this as his secondary position. The beauty of this is that he can revert to his normal role as a centre back if Jakobsen and Elsey are injured or suspended. Signing Spiranovic would really be something and something that fills the void left behind by the departure of Isaias.
Spriranovic hasn't signed a new contract but hasn't been released either. There's a chance he could return to Perth.
Damo

Postby Damo Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:20 pm

I know Bruce has doused this fire but I can’t believe no one has put this one out there.....Osama Malik Is a current Perth DM that first the Bruce signing strategy to a tee and fits the narrative best.....your not following the Val crumbs guys.

I’ll pass though! Not overly keen on any of Perth’s DM stocks. If your going to give away one of the best young keeping prospects in Australia it better be for something pretty good.
Reds United

Postby Reds United Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:18 pm

Spriranovic hasn't signed a new contract but hasn't been released either. There's a chance he could return to Perth.

You may be correct, but why did the preview specifically say that Spiranovic has been replaced by the Swiss import? I know that Spiranovic has been holidaying in Europe during the presason, but surely he would have secured his future with either Perth or an overseas club, He is good mates with Dario Vidosic, who is in Adelaide at the moment. If you are reading this Dario, can you please enlighten us to what is happening. As I have mentioned previously, he would be perfect for the Reds. Like Trioisi, he is an experienced and versatile player and would fill the void left behind by the departure of Isaias, We would go close to winning the league with him in the defensive midfield position.
Reds United

Postby Reds United Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:26 pm

I know Bruce has doused this fire but I can’t believe no one has put this one out there.....Osama Malik Is a current Perth DM that first the Bruce signing strategy to a tee and fits the narrative best.....your not following the Val crumbs guys.

I’ll pass though! Not overly keen on any of Perth’s DM stocks. If your going to give away one of the best young keeping prospects in Australia it better be for something pretty good.

I knew that Perth had signed Osama Malik. He was signed because there were doubts about Spiranovic returning and to increase their defensive stocks. I do agree with the view that United should not give away one of the best young up and coming keepers for a young up and coming defensive midfielder in Brandon Wilson. We need to do better than that and we do have a young up and coming defensive midfielder of our own ( Louis D'Arrigo ). Margush for Spiranovic is a better deal for us!
sub007

Postby sub007 Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:44 pm

You may be correct, but why did the preview specifically say that Spiranovic has been replaced by the Swiss import? I know that Spiranovic has been holidaying in Europe during the presason, but surely he would have secured his future with either Perth or an overseas club,
[/quote]

"Perth Glory Football Director Jacob Burns on Matt Spiranovic: "He's unattached...we have to wait and see. If he is available or decides that he's going to play in the A-wLeague, we'd be one of the clubs that would love to have him but I can't confirm he's our player."

https://twitter.com/AleagueHub/status/1 ... 6846693376

This was from a couple of weeks ago.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:45 pm

Who's gonna trade a second choice keeper for Spira or Malik?

Malik was just signed this season so I would assume it unlikely.
Reds United

Postby Reds United Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:30 am

EdDog, FIrstly, Bruce Djite has already dismissed the report saying that United are offering Margush for Brandon Wilson. There is no swap happening. He described it as "fake news."
Secondly, I raised the proposition that United should move for Matt Spiranovic as Perth have seemingly replaced him with a Swiss defender. That was only if Spiranovic was available. Why do you mention Osama Malik? He has only recently been signed by Perth and not part of the speculative report of an impending swap.
sub007

Postby sub007 Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:49 am

Covert agent claiming the club is trying to get rid of Blackwood.

I really hope this isn’t true but the agent has got most of his rumours right during this pre season.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:19 pm

EdDog, FIrstly, Bruce Djite has already dismissed the report saying that United are offering Margush for Brandon Wilson. There is no swap happening. He described it as "fake news."
Secondly, I raised the proposition that United should move for Matt Spiranovic as Perth have seemingly replaced him with a Swiss defender. That was only if Spiranovic was available. Why do you mention Osama Malik? He has only recently been signed by Perth and not part of the speculative report of an impending swap.
Damo suggested the DM we might have been chasing was in fact Malik (few posts up) which I was disputing because he only signed with Perth this season and that Margush (as a likely second choice keeper to Reddy) isn't that much of value to them.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:08 pm

So 7 player bench is confirmed but it's only optional. Good rule change regardless.
Gianaqua
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Carrusca

Postby Gianaqua Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:07 pm

So where is this Chinese defender?!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”