Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Rojos
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Rojos Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:49 pm

Like the majority of supporters I'm happy to have him playing in red at last, whilst still apprehensive about $$$$/his ego/val leaks.

Right attitude on the right coin and this guy takes us to a highly competitive side.

Will be taking minutes from someone though, most likely Blackwood or Mileusnic.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:19 pm

Bruce to get into talks with Jedinak or am I reading too much into this.

https://twitter.com/MurrayShaw1/status/ ... 5208055808
blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:41 pm

Probably the latter.
sub007

Postby sub007 Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:46 pm

Probably the latter.
Yeah it seems unlikely but a man can dream!
EdDog

Postby EdDog Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:11 am

Jedinak would turn our side into favourites for the title IMO!
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:32 am

Probably the latter.
Yeah it seems unlikely but a man can dream!
I'm with you on that :cheers:
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:07 am

Jedinak is the dream option, a 12 month stint and then off to MacArthur for the 2020-21 season.

Jedinak also had a baby in the off season, not sure if it's his first but Adelaide is a great place to raise kids...
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:09 pm

Tbh i wouldnt be super keen on jedinak at this stage.

To my knowledge he has had quite a stint away from football and would require some time to get fit. We could be waiting until january to get him match fit and league adapted.

Thats to long given we also just signed troisi who is also not fit.

I think this is where the line needs to be drawn between a quality but unfit over 30 year old and promoting youth. Atleast troisi is well adapted to the league and will be here for next season.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
milan_7
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: McGree

Postby milan_7 Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:15 pm

Is anyone else suddenly excited for the new season, I think we actually have a decent squad, particularly if Opseth finally proves to be our quality #9. This time though we are not relying solely on him because we have Toure coming through and Blackwood too.

Izzo
Strain-Elsey-Jakobsen-Kitto
Boland-McGree
Halloran-Troisi-Maria
Opseth

I think this will be our usual set up, with Lia coming in on the difficult away games when we need more defensive solidity. I think Marrone, Mileusnic, Blackwood and Toure provide very servicable depth and I am keen to see more of Brook and D'Arrigo. Obvious weak link is at centre half where we need one more, which is rumoured to be our Chinese CB. It is brave not to have found a replacement for Isaias but I think it signifies that we are going to be extremely attacking, which I am really looking forward to after a couple of years of frankly boring football under Kurz. If we can keep that XI fit throughout the season it wouldn't surprise me if we challenge.

BUT here's the thing, the FFA Cup matches worry me. I know we won both of the HAL ones but it was only just both times and we needed a red card on each occasion, don't think we would have won either of those if it was 11 vs 11 personally. Should be an exciting season.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:55 pm

Doesn't sound like we are finished in our hunt for a DM:

Adelaide United are reportedly in talks with Perth Glory for a deal that may involve swapping Australian U-23 keeper Daniel Margush for a Glory holding midfielder before the A-League transfer window closes on Oct 15. Margush, 21, has made seven A-League appearances
[Advertiser]
sub007

Postby sub007 Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:58 pm

Adelaide United are reportedly in talks with Perth Glory for a deal that may involve swapping Australian U-23 keeper Daniel Margush for a Glory holding midfielder before the A-League transfer window closes on Oct 15. Margush, 21, has made seven A-League appearances
[Advertiser]
This is intriguing.

I'm going to assume the Glory player is Brandon Wilson, an Olyroo who seemed to be out of favour last season.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:24 pm

Margush is a better keeper than Richards IMO but tbh it's unlikely he plays more than 1 or 2 games a season behind Izzo. So if we can secure a quality DM by trading him then I'm okay with it.

Still raises questions about the Chinese signing. Obviously a foreign DM would open us up to so many other options...

Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:24 pm

[Advertiser]
This is intriguing.

I'm going to assume the Glory player is Brandon Wilson, an Olyroo who seemed to be out of favour last season.
Good player is Wilson.
Reds United
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcelo Carrusca

Postby Reds United Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:36 pm

[Advertiser]
This is intriguing.

I really hope that this isn't true. United need to aim higher than Brandon Wilson. We already have a promising young defensive midfielder in Louis D'Arrigo. We don't need another promising young player, especially as it is to replace a player of the calibre of Isaias.. We need a more established defensive midfielder. I don't like the talk of swapping Margush who is a better keeper than Isaac Richards. Perhaps the fact that they are offering Margush explains why he didn't play the FFA Cup game against Central Coast. I know that the club tried to acquire Rostyn Griffiths in exchange for Carlo Armiento and that MC rejected that proposal. That would have been preferable to this. I also do not like Blackwood being offered as he seems to realising his potential and offers us depth in the number ten and central striker positions. Interestingly, I have heard whispers/conjecture that the Chinese player is principally a centre back, but that he can play as a defensive midfielder. The closure of the transfer window is coming up fast and it will be interesting to see what happens. I wish that the club had made the decision to defer the signing of a Chinese player and use the visa spot to sign an experienced defensive midfielder from Europe.
Last edited by Reds United on Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reds United
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcelo Carrusca

Postby Reds United Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:09 pm

So pleased that Djite has tweeted that the report about a possible swap of Margush for Perth's Brandon Wilson is fake news.
Last edited by Reds United on Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”