Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Interloper
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Interloper Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:02 am

How’s this from AP, the cheek on him:

“I’m very excited for that (signing for Western),’’ Stamatelopoulos said.

“I was talking to my agent (Tony Rallis), he said “it’s a good opportunity for me to like grow as a player, as a person, to move away from home, to be more independent.”

“When contracts were getting sorted, I was too unsure about who the coach was going to be at Adelaide.

“I didn’t want to sign anything without knowing. I like a Marco (Kurz) a lot he’s a very good coach. He gave me opportunities, put me on the map.

Your agent has done you over mate.
You’ve left AU because you didn’t know who the coach was going to be to sign for another club that doesn’t have a coach appointed next year. Add to that you know you will be behind the marquee striker as a minimum.
I posted this somewhere on the forum already but it is relevant here.
But as an illustration of the extent of influence one agent can have over a football club, it is revelatory. And it’s by no means an isolated example. According to Football Federation Australia’s own reports on intermediaries, last season Rallis represented eight players from Western Sydney Wanderers, in 2017-18 agent Zeljko Susa had seven players with Adelaide United, in 2015-16 Dragan Jevtic acted for six players from Sydney FC.

Furthermore, it is understood that expansion club Western United, in addition to having influential player agent Lou Sticca heavily involved in the operation of the new franchise, has Rallis currently brokering for their head coach to be and as many as five of the club’s new signings.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -of-agents

B)
I instantly thought of some selection decisions at Adelaide when I originally read that article and wondered about the agent situation at Adelaide United.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:23 pm

Silver lining that has not been mentioned in regard to no reagan and ilso replacements is that the remainder of their salaries get credited for future seasons.

( any money not spent inside the cap can accumulate as credit the following seasons. AFAIK credits last for up to 3 years.

It would be interesting to know if when baba was delisted we were able to to nominate our next highest earner as marquee taking them out of the cap allowing half a seasons further credits. Not sure if that counts though.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
flavze

Postby flavze Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:23 pm

“I was talking to my agent (Tony Rallis), he said “it’s a good opportunity for me to like grow as a player, as a person, to move away from home, to be more independent.”

“When contracts were getting sorted, I was too unsure about who the coach was going to be at Adelaide.

“I didn’t want to sign anything without knowing. I like a Marco (Kurz) a lot he’s a very good coach. He gave me opportunities, put me on the map.

You’ve left AU because you didn’t know who the coach was going to be to sign for another club that doesn’t have a coach appointed next year. Add to that you know you will be behind the marquee striker as a minimum.
lol, they have a coach signed just can't say anything yet as he's coaching a team playing finals.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:42 pm

lol, they have a coach signed just can't say anything yet as he's coaching a team playing finals.

Who is the trainer flavze, do you know?

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:32 pm

Rudan apparently. Announced today that he is leaving the Nix at season end (halfway through his contract).

Lots of people on Facebook/reddit saying that he is going to Westside Melbourne Pride United and that it's the worst kept secret in football at the moment.
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:20 pm

Rudan apparently. Announced today that he is leaving the Nix at season end (halfway through his contract).

Lots of people on Facebook/reddit saying that he is going to Westside Melbourne Pride United and that it's the worst kept secret in football at the moment.
Wondered why stama didn’t celebrate his goals, Didn’t want to upset the new coach.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:23 pm

Scott Galloway is close to agreeing terms with Melbourne City.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:38 pm

Scott Galloway is close to agreeing terms with Melbourne City.
Apparently he rejected us which has to be the dumbest decision he could possibly make. We threw him a lifeline and got the best out of him. For the sake of his career, he should stay, not to mention the fact that if he leaves, it would be his 5th club in 5 seasons.

If he has in fact rejected us, then fuck him off now and I never want to see him in a red shirt again.

Disgusting lack of loyalty from him.
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:51 pm

Eastern state player rejected by multiple clubs has a good year with AUFC...... ****s off back east.

I'd be pretty dirty on him if that's the case, but I would like to hope Strain and Marrone can fill the breach. Kitto has been pretty handy on the left side of defence too.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:10 pm

Disapointing about galloway but AFAIK he is returning to his home state which could be a family related reason for the switch, so im on the fence.

Has a single player from AUFC that has been poached by city actually turned out to be a good move for the players career though? I feel like they end up being second choice players behind relatively overated visa players and quickly go from being in the conversation for a roos call up to obscurity.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Thu May 02, 2019 2:44 pm

He was born in Perth at least, so I'm not sure on the go-home factor, per se.

We gave City Malik and gained Mauk. That swap was a crushing win by us.

City didn't work out for Carrusca, nor has it for Birighitti.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Thu May 02, 2019 8:02 pm

This is the nature of the A-league beast.

By the way, I wonder who his agent is, how much the Agent's influence/pressure was at play and how much the Agent made in the transaction?

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Philbyramone
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Iaiais

Postby Philbyramone Thu May 02, 2019 9:25 pm

Dang it. Eugene has been his usual awesome self at Shitty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Tue May 07, 2019 10:18 am

Western United sign Ersan Gulum.

Michael Jakobsen>Ersan Gulum
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Tue May 07, 2019 10:51 am

Dang it. Eugene has been his usual awesome self at Shitty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You could argue he cost them the game.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”