Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Old Gregg
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Old Gregg Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:52 pm

Bring in the youth.

Poor old Elsey.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:58 pm

This is crazy!

We were having a fantastic mid season run. It was almost gaining the same kind of momentum as amors premiership season.

Suddenly 3 key starters are out, milusenic elsey and halloran.

I really hate to admit it but both of Kurzs seasons have been held back by those above him with a lack of support.

Perhaps long term it was better to wait till the seasons end for the new ownership to put their influence on the squad but there are 10k fans who turn up every week expecting a certain level at hindmarsh. Only 2 cbs in the squad is pushing things way too far.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Old Gregg

Postby Old Gregg Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:33 pm

I really hate to admit it but both of Kurzs seasons have been held back by those above him with a lack of support.
How do you mean 'lack of support'? We keep buying players, they keep getting injured (or turning out to be spuds).

I don't think this is the fault of Kurz or the club hierarchy, but I do think that in the offseason we need to sacrifice a chicken on the pitch or something.

The football gods demand blood
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:51 pm

How do you mean 'lack of support'? We keep buying players, they keep getting injured (or turning out to be spuds).

I don't think this is the fault of Kurz or the club hierarchy, but I do think that in the offseason we need to sacrifice a chicken on the pitch or something.

This!! It's about time someone talked sense around here. Less contracts, more entrails!! :doh:
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:39 pm

Yep there is definantly a strong case to be made for positive support from the club particularly in the offseason for example signings 2 socceroos in halloran and goodwin.

My point was more in context to flexibility in the mid season transfer. Yes we signed cavusavic ( who i really liked ) and thomassen but these guys were signed very close to deadline day when other clubs had lined up signings in the first week of january.

Add to that we never replaced matmour who was our big offseason signing last season and leaving the squad with 2 cbs this season.

While the limitations the club have traditionally been under is well known I wouldnt say this is how an ambitious club would support its squad and ammend problems. I think its fair to say the lack of january support would have cost valuable points.

( obviously not trying to pass the blame for impact injuries either )
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:36 pm

This is apparently the Cb we were looking to sign as cover

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Aurtenetxe

72 la liga appearances , now 27 and playing for comets in the NPL.

Reportedly money was not the issue, my guess is we offered a 6 month deal and he wanted longer so decided to take a gamble and wait for something else.

There is some real talent in the NPL atm! I really wish abc picked up the league for broadcast or FFSA had the funds to broadcast direct to youtube.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:43 pm

Reportedly money was not the issue, my guess is we offered a 6 month deal and he wanted longer so decided to take a gamble and wait for something else.

There is some real talent in the NPL atm! I really wish abc picked up the league for broadcast or FFSA had the funds to broadcast direct to youtube.
Yeah I was blown away when I read that this bloke was playing NPL! Can't believe no HAL club has made a move.
Time to Djbate!
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:11 am

I must admit its definitely a head scratcher. You'd think if he impresses then clubs will be all over him.
Bruuuuuuuuce

Postby Bruuuuuuuuce Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:12 pm

Amateur hour at this club. How do you expect to challenge for a championship with only 2 CBs in the squad. Now one is gone for the rest of the home and away season at least and we are forced to play a RB there.

It's embarrassing.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby ChillyPhilly Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:13 pm

Vidmar botched the signing.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
Old Gregg

Postby Old Gregg Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:29 pm

what do you mean?
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:26 pm

what do you mean?
I thought Ante botched it, agreed to pay Comets $15k for I think just the rest of the year. Someone had to mention to him "um, Ante, there's no transfer fees between NPL and A-League"

So the player is apparently keen to come and pi$$ed off it's not happening.

Who knows, maybe just #rumours
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:16 pm

I thought we offered him 6 months and he wanted a longer term deal.

Somewhere along the line someone stuffed up. I mean surely we could have found a spot for him for a season at least.
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:17 pm

Amateur hour at this club. How do you expect to challenge for a championship with only 2 CBs in the squad. Now one is gone for the rest of the home and away season at least and we are forced to play a RB there.

It's embarrassing.
Here's the thing..... we don't expect to challenge this year. I know that for a fact.
RedRebel

Postby RedRebel Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:27 pm

Well it was written somewhere in an article that it was an oversight by Kovacevic who we haven't heard from for a long time. All I can say is that it is now Viddie who is gone saying the backroom and admin stuff is not for him. That tells me a bit as to what happened as well.
Also if original article is to be believed stating Ante stuffed up and transfer fees were not allowed between clubs, surely the Spanish defender could have come our way and Comets could have been compensated in all manner of ways by AU..
Maybe it's now being worked out.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”