Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

sub007
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby sub007 Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:15 pm

homophobic as well as racist (someone of Croatian heritage calling someone a 'gypsy' definitely fits this category). Anyway, long time ago and hopefully he's learned a thing or two in that time.
Yeah hopefully he's pulled his head in a bit.
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:19 pm

If he's a racist/homophobe/bigot then I don't want him at the club. Fuck that noise.
we da best
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:38 pm

I'm of a similar opinion, however everyone deserves a chance to redeem themselves.

Whether or not he is the right player is another thing. I suspect hes off to Malaysia or Thailand to make a quick few dollars.
Jumbinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hugene

Postby Jumbinho Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:06 pm

If the best we can do is recycle someone as poor as Golec, I would very much rather just give a kid from the youth team a decent opportunity.
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:26 pm

100% agree and I reckon Kurz might too.

I'll be very interested to see how the Fornaroli situation plays out. I'd be shocked if they held onto him for this long if he isn't bound for another A League club.
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:53 pm

I reckon it's worth tapping up Citeh again, looks like no one else is keen on taking him on (although I assume there's a few good reasons for that).
we da best
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:06 pm

There would not be a single watrs member who has at some stage in their life has not said something that could be percieved derogatory or ignorant.

Nor is it every persons intention for what ever word they have used be taken in an offensive context despite it clearly being a provocative word. Come on, have none of you ever given your mates a bit of a ribbing and said something that could be offensive by others?

Im certainly NOT an appologist for derogatory insults, they should be dealt with accordingly as was Golec.

Obviously Golecs tweet way back in the day was dumb, however over the years i have come to realise quite often those who are so quick to take the moral high ground and project their virtue signaling on any slight indiscretion are the ones with the nost divisive attitudes to their fellow humans.

I highly doubt Golec is homophobic or a rascist, he is just a guy who let himself down over an ignorant tweet.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:28 pm

really do question how sfc and mvfc get their squads under the cap and teams like us and ccm etc struggle with the same cap. Toivonen isnt a marquee!! How the hell can they get someone like that under the cap and we can't even make a signing. The cap actually works against us, as most overseas players only want to live in sydney or melbourne.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:43 pm

Perth seem to do fine. They've ways had a shambles of a coach but quality players.

MVFC, SFC and Perth all have wealthy owners.

We don't.
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:02 pm

Melbourne are by far the biggest club too, that helps. Weve always had to be shrewd with our recruiting which weve always done well with.

The league also NEEDS a strong Victory or Bling, preferably both at this point. That's the sad fact.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby bpowell454 Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:45 pm

There would not be a single watrs member who has at some stage in their life has not said something that could be percieved derogatory or ignorant.

Nor is it every persons intention for what ever word they have used be taken in an offensive context despite it clearly being a provocative word. Come on, have none of you ever given your mates a bit of a ribbing and said something that could be offensive by others?

Im certainly NOT an appologist for derogatory insults, they should be dealt with accordingly as was Golec.

Obviously Golecs tweet way back in the day was dumb, however over the years i have come to realise quite often those who are so quick to take the moral high ground and project their virtue signaling on any slight indiscretion are the ones with the nost divisive attitudes to their fellow humans.

I highly doubt Golec is homophobic or a rascist, he is just a guy who let himself down over an ignorant tweet.
I agree, I don't like to throw labels around, especially at someone who wrote something on Twitter when he was 20ish.

If there was continued evidence of him being homophobic and racist then fair enough.

When I think of Golec, I think of the away goal against Bunyodkor. Apart from that he never really impressed me as a player, good pace but he's older and had a few injuries since then.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:50 pm

really do question how sfc and mvfc get their squads under the cap and teams like us and ccm etc struggle with the same cap. Toivonen isnt a marquee!! How the hell can they get someone like that under the cap and we can't even make a signing. The cap actually works against us, as most overseas players only want to live in sydney or melbourne.
I agree with the cap comment.

In addition to the likes of sfc who have no real youth policy , instead try to poach off contract promising youth with the promise of having access to their “connections “

This would be fine, however the cap totally prevents youth focussed clubs keeping their players after first contract expiry.

For example there is just no way we can keep ap, mileu and others who are bow playing well above their current salaries.

The cap in it current version stifles groth at the top and bottom of the league IMO .
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:02 pm

Golec going overseas apparently....

to Wellington Phoenix.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:22 pm

Golec going overseas apparently....

to Wellington Phoenix.
No signings for us despite the club being seemingly upbeat pre january.

My feeling is Kurz has signalled his intention to move on and the club cooled its heels opting to give the keys to squad to the new manager.

If this is the case i hate to admit it but its probably the sensible thing to do.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:29 am

Yeah I'm OK with that. We are getting close to 2/3 of the way through the season and we're travelling pretty well. We're not going to win the league this year but this will give us a great base to build on for next season.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”