Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Reds4Life
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Reds4Life Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:13 pm

Reegs departure confirmed. I'd expect a signing tomorrow.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:32 pm

Kurz in his presser last night implied that we don’t have anyone lined up to replace him
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:37 pm

AP and Richards linked to WMG
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:11 pm

I imagine a lot of players will be linked with WMG. Excellent chance for player's agents to drive their client's price up with 23 new positions to fill.
I hope for the HAL sake the expansion sides add value to the league by bringing a good percentage of their signings in from abroad. The tricky aspect would be considering NPL players it seems such a lottery signing NPL players for a coming HAL season on the back of a NPL season. So many players from the NPL breakdown under the increased workload and lack of break their body needs.
Time to Djbate!
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:03 pm

Kurz in his presser last night implied that we don’t have anyone lined up to replace him
Seems ludicrous to me to leave yourself that thin down back. One of our CBs will be suspended again soon
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:50 pm

Seems ludicrous to me to leave yourself that thin down back. One of our CBs will be suspended again soon
It's a clause in his contract so they had no choice.
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:55 pm

It's a clause in his contract so they had no choice.
Oh I get that bit of the equation, but these things dont just happen. Weve still got a tough block of games to come, we will need cover.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:58 pm

I very much doubt AU would be sitting on their hands on this. Elsey and Jakobsen are available this week so the club has at least 8 days till the WSW game to get a recruit organised.
Time to Djbate!
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:33 pm

I very much doubt AU would be sitting on their hands on this. Elsey and Jakobsen are available this week so the club has at least 8 days till the WSW game to get a recruit organised.
You'd think so, hopefully we have 2 guys by then.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:44 pm

This already sucks.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
EdDog

Postby EdDog Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:14 pm

Mid January and still no signings...

Certainly smacks of the old AU.

Clearly need a 9 and now a CB as ASAP.
Reds United
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Marcelo Carrusca

Postby Reds United Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:21 pm

Ed Dog, I honestly feel that we need a top class creative midfielder or Adlung, a centre back (Tongyik?) and a top class striker if we are to challenge for the Championship. We have two import spots and need to make the commitment to sign two good imports as we are not far off the top teams that are seriously challenging for the championship.
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:05 pm

Mid January and still no signings...

Certainly smacks of the old AU.

Clearly need a 9 and now a CB as ASAP.
The owners are better, but it doesnt mean they have more money.
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:07 am

The failure to sign a new striker or no9 I can cope with. It seems like Kurz has given a list, Viddie doesn’t want to sign anyone short term, January strikers are often poor value for money and maybe Blackwood will come good. I get it, it’s not as simple as go out and sign then next 29 y.o Carrusca/Flores.

The failure to sign a back up CB is bizarre to me, it seems like the most simple of equations. If one of our CB’s is out (and lets not forget Elsey is linked to Korea, Jakobsen is on 4 yellows and both have history with injuries) we have Mick Marrone as cover

- Roun Tongyik, WSW let him go for a reason so maybe he is injury riddle or who knows sometimes that is an excuse for off-field misdemeanours.
- Daniel Mullen, I thought he was at Campbelltown and basically ready to go. Surely not waiting for his Dad to get the Brisbane gig? The epitome of back-up CB I’d have thought
- Jon Aurtenetxe, more of a LB (which we also have no cover for) but can play CB. Just signed for Adelaide Comets after playing LaLiga, SPL etc.
- Franz Pjetri, I’m pretty sure he’s our CB in the youth squad, went from SANPL to Udinese youth and back. Maybe he’s not great but it’s better than nothing – surely?
- Matthew Halliday, The best CB in the SA NPL? Probably on a free given the Adelaide City fiasco.

Again we are looking for a backup for 4 months here, it doesn't have to be Franco Baresi.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:47 pm

The failure to sign a new striker or no9 I can cope with. It seems like Kurz has given a list, Viddie doesn’t want to sign anyone short term, January strikers are often poor value for money and maybe Blackwood will come good. I get it, it’s not as simple as go out and sign then next 29 y.o Carrusca/Flores.

The failure to sign a back up CB is bizarre to me, it seems like the most simple of equations. If one of our CB’s is out (and lets not forget Elsey is linked to Korea, Jakobsen is on 4 yellows and both have history with injuries) we have Mick Marrone as cover

- Roun Tongyik, WSW let him go for a reason so maybe he is injury riddle or who knows sometimes that is an excuse for off-field misdemeanours.
- Daniel Mullen, I thought he was at Campbelltown and basically ready to go. Surely not waiting for his Dad to get the Brisbane gig? The epitome of back-up CB I’d have thought
- Jon Aurtenetxe, more of a LB (which we also have no cover for) but can play CB. Just signed for Adelaide Comets after playing LaLiga, SPL etc.
- Franz Pjetri, I’m pretty sure he’s our CB in the youth squad, went from SANPL to Udinese youth and back. Maybe he’s not great but it’s better than nothing – surely?
- Matthew Halliday, The best CB in the SA NPL? Probably on a free given the Adelaide City fiasco.

Again we are looking for a backup for 4 months here, it doesn't have to be Franco Baresi.
Im only speculating here but i wonder if something has changed since november when the club was releasing thinly veiled media updates that we are looking to replace baba.

My feeling is perhaps Kurz has indicated to the club he does not want to renew his deal and club management has decided January is not the ideal time to sign players for next season until we have a coach?

I can see merit in both signing players now and waiting till the off season. Im glad im not the one making the hard decisions.

My feeling is we have a few big signings coming our way but it may not be january.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”