Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Stuckey Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:00 pm

It doesnt work that way if our competitors want the same players and have more cash to spend. The player can effectively hold the clubs to ransom.
What are you talking about?

Im saying its possible we are chasing someone from europe that no other clubs are tracking , perhaps someone through kurzs or van der pols connections and we have leaked news that we are after fornaroli/ keough in an attempt to negotiate a better deal with the overseas player.

Im not saying this is the case but the art of securing a good deal in any business aspect is casting doubt in the other parties mind.

To think that games dont get played in the media by clubs and players management is naive .
Pretty interesting discussion. I wonder if AU are playing a few mind games, throwing their hat in the ring to drive either player's price up in the hope that eats up more of their cap/salary budget which may lead to that club lacking depth?
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:08 pm

Vidmar mentioned in a pre game interview that the long term is priority.

Stating they prefer signing a new striker on a 2 plus year deal but if they cannot find the right guy ( age/quality ) permitting they will look for a 6 month contract or loan deal. I would imagine keough and fornaroli may be short term prospects.

He also mentioned in the january transfer window strikers have been way over priced compared to the offseason.

So reading between the lines we may be most likely be inline to get a striker on 6 months loan and spend big in the off season

I felt vidmar actually spoke very well and things look promising for future seasons.
That's really exciting to read. I can't see Keogh or Fornaroli falling into the 6 month deal category so unless they or their club are willing to let go of their contract I doubt either of those players are likely to join AU.
That aside I think this strategy is excellent and hopefully with Kurz's input could lure someone of quality from abroad.
Time to Djbate!
Reds4Life
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:36 pm

As promising as it is to hear Vidmar talk like that.... it's just talk.

We need action now.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:59 pm

We need action now.
Why now?
Time to Djbate!
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:01 pm

Andrew Nabbout anyone ??

Has pace, works hard and can finish. Maybe this is the loan deal Viddie alluded to ?
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:04 pm

We need action now.
Why now?
As good as tonight was, Victory were missing their 2 best CBs and the best player in the league.

We can celebrate tonight but we are a way off of Perth, who currently look the team to beat.

Get a quality striker and Boland back in and that changes very quick. Could have scored 4 or 5 if we had a finisher.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:13 pm

We need action now.
Why now?
As good as tonight was, Victory were missing their 2 best CBs and the best player in the league.

We can celebrate tonight but we are a way off of Perth, who currently look the team to beat.

Get a quality striker and Boland back in and that changes very quick. Could have scored 4 or 5 if we had a finisher.
Any win against Victory is important I agree they probably weren't at their best.

Personally I don't get what everyone says about Boland? He's scored a couple of handy goals in FFA Cup games. What else has he done to say AU will be more successful with him featuring?
I found the games he played, the midfield trio of him, Isa and Lia very flat and lacking a lot of creativity.
Time to Djbate!
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:20 pm

I'd rather Lia not play again TBH, Konsta made some errors but he has the legspeed and the creativity Lia doesn't. Boland is an upgrade on both, however with such a long layoff it will take him time.

Lia has his place, but he should be a substitute from hence forth. Adlung if he wants to come back would be more than handy too.

And we do need to fix our CB depth, surely Tongyik gets announced soon after Regan goes.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:24 pm

Vidmar mentioned in a pre game interview that the long term is priority.

Stating they prefer signing a new striker on a 2 plus year deal but if they cannot find the right guy ( age/quality ) permitting they will look for a 6 month contract or loan deal. I would imagine keough and fornaroli may be short term prospects.

He also mentioned in the january transfer window strikers have been way over priced compared to the offseason.

So reading between the lines we may be most likely be inline to get a striker on 6 months loan and spend big in the off season

I felt vidmar actually spoke very well and things look promising for future seasons.
That's really exciting to read. I can't see Keogh or Fornaroli falling into the 6 month deal category so unless they or their club are willing to let go of their contract I doubt either of those players are likely to join AU.
That aside I think this strategy is excellent and hopefully with Kurz's input could lure someone of quality from abroad.
I agree in regard to it being exciting stuckey.

Viddie is not only eyeing the mens teams but the youth and womens teams also, he seemed really on point and spoke with clarity. It was totally sifferent to listening to griffin speak.

I think its good to know they will not give in to a knee jerk reaction for the second half of the season and potentially risk the next 2 seasons by over commiting in january. ( as much as we all want that bug money striker now)

I do feel for kurz though but i think viddy and van der pol are playing the long game, which for long time aufc fans should be exciting to hear.

Btw the interview was on abc grandstand so it may be online?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:51 am

The question is, will Kurz see that vision ?? Coaches often think of the now, I mean it's their job.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:21 am

The question is, will Kurz see that vision ?? Coaches often think of the now, I mean it's their job.

I reckon he has been briefed on the "Great Future Plan ®™"

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:24 am

A lot of coaches have a dialled back role where they are only concerned with getting the best results possible with the squad they have been given. Like any job you can always ask your boss for more/better tools to carry out your job.
I get the feeling that with the discussion in the media that he's asking for a striker I get the feeling this is the position he's in. Obviously if he doesn't feel the club is giving him the best tools they can he may choose to go somewhere else where he has access to the best tools or has a say in the tools he can bring in.
Time to Djbate!
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:39 am

where he has access to the best tools or has a say in the tools he can bring in.
i would prefer we maintain a 'no tools' policy ....

anyway, I was very heartened by the performances across the front line last night. Ilso moving up in my estimation, Georgie looked very good when he came on & could be ready for a start. Maybe there's goals in this tem yet.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:59 am

There are goals in this team. Undoubtedly. The question the season is asking is whether there are regular goals. If Georgie could get on a little run of goals.....if...
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:20 pm

With blackwood looking likely, I think the smart option is signing a striker on a short term deal as we did with cavusavic last season.

Then we have the whole offseason to look at a quality striker or 10.

We are in negotiations with blackwood also but i think he will be hard to keep with a new club entering the league
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”