Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Reds4Life
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Reds4Life Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:12 pm

Apparently, Marco Kurz will be given one MILLION bucks to spend this transfer window.
Insert Dr Evil meme.

But seriously who said that ??
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:18 pm

Apparently, Marco Kurz will be given one MILLION bucks to spend this transfer window.

Interesting as Kurz has stated quite clearly that he is not responsible for finding and signing players.

Maybe Aurelio has the cheque and he will splash the cash.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:29 pm

Insert Dr Evil meme.

But seriously who said that ??
SBS seem to have been the first ones to report it.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
otto62

Postby otto62 Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:19 pm

I think they're guessing, to try and flush out what Adelaide are actually planning (if anything). Click bait.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:07 pm

Double post
Last edited by bpowell454 on Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bpowell454

Postby bpowell454 Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:07 pm

Could be smoke but still interesting. I think Keogh would be a good signing. We've approached him before if the rumors were true. Would both players fit in the squad together? That would be a clear signal to Blackwood and possibly AP that they are not wanted.Image
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:38 am

“Cashed up reds” said nobody ever .
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:20 am

:lol:

True.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:07 am

Why was that also my first thought ??
BenAD
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaías

Postby BenAD Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:30 am

Seems the Regan to Malaysia deal should be announced today or tomorrow.

https://www.goal.com/en-au/news/breakin ... lhnfoowx72
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:00 am

Seems the Regan to Malaysia deal should be announced today or tomorrow.

https://www.goal.com/en-au/news/breakin ... lhnfoowx72
Regan seems to be a great team man so I think he'd be a loss to the playing group but I think a player like him should be seeking out a starting position which behind Elsey and Jakobsen is unlikely at AU. I'd be excited to see Tongyik come in as his replacement.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:22 am

Could be smoke but still interesting. I think Keogh would be a good signing. We've approached him before if the rumors were true. Would both players fit in the squad together? That would be a clear signal to Blackwood and possibly AP that they are not wanted.Image
IMO the signing of 32yo Keogh doesn't suggest to me that long term prospects AP and Blackwood are unwanted. Just that they aren't scoring right now. Which is down to injury.
If none of the squad was injured AP and Blackwood would be in line behind Baba so I feel this would just bring AU back to where the squad should be.

I can't really see Perth agreeing to this deal unless they are getting something solid in return. Unless AU can increase Keogh's wages significantly, why would he want to leave Perth who are going great guns ATM where he's scoring regularly?
Maybe going after Fornaroli is a more likely option for AU as City appears to want him gone. Although again why would City agree to let him leave for nothing unless they desperately want to clear up his wages. I'd say for either signing to occur AU would have to part with a player for the other club to be willing to release them from their contract.

If the club has $1m to play with surely they could lure someone from abroad here without needing to lose a player? I can't imagine Tomi Juric wouldn't demand such a high wage?
Keeping in mind AU doesn't HAVE to blow the $1m in one hit. They could sign two very good players for $500k each.
Time to Djbate!
bpowell454

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby bpowell454 Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:43 am

IMO the signing of 32yo Keogh doesn't suggest to me that long term prospects AP and Blackwood are unwanted. Just that they aren't scoring right now. Which is down to injury.
If none of the squad was injured AP and Blackwood would be in line behind Baba so I feel this would just bring AU back to where the squad should be.

I can't really see Perth agreeing to this deal unless they are getting something solid in return. Unless AU can increase Keogh's wages significantly, why would he want to leave Perth who are going great guns ATM where he's scoring regularly?
Maybe going after Fornaroli is a more likely option for AU as City appears to want him gone. Although again why would City agree to let him leave for nothing unless they desperately want to clear up his wages. I'd say for either signing to occur AU would have to part with a player for the other club to be willing to release them from their contract.

If the club has $1m to play with surely they could lure someone from abroad here without needing to lose a player? I can't imagine Tomi Juric wouldn't demand such a high wage?
Keeping in mind AU doesn't HAVE to blow the $1m in one hit. They could sign two very good players for $500k each.
The only thing I can think with Keogh is that he is on a lower wage at Perth. I can't see them having much room left in their cap either with the players they have signed. Sure, winning trophies at Perth would be appealing for him but he only has 3 or so years of professional football left, if he can get a substantial payrise and make his post-football life easier, then why wouldn't he?

Plus, the lad loves the club scene here....
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:57 am

Haha lol,

Do you have an idea what his wage at Perth is?
He has won championships before with Scunthorpe and Wolverhampton so maybe a pay rise would be higher on his priority list than a championship. But is that something that we want to see from a signing? He's forgoing potential silverware for money?
I guess it all comes down to how much more AU are willing to pay him than he's getting at Perth. I can't really argue with him leaving Perth for a massive pay rise, but is that really good business offering a 32yo player a massive pay rise?
The deal breaker for me would be if Perth want a player in return, who that player is.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:12 am

I agree stuckey.

If we have this kind of money for a striker why are we buying someone elses ageing aleague striker.

Its also important to play the long game. If aufc want to spend big in the off season comitting to one of these guys probably isnt the best long term plan for future success.

Id prefer we bring our own striker from abroad but i am loving the intent and it makes me wonder what could have been if the owners did not have baba on the books in pre season.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”