Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

ZANZIBAR
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby ZANZIBAR Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:59 am

Would love to see berisha play for city just for the lols.
Bobo would be an awesome get....but we just don't have that money.
Ap and blackwood is where we have to put our hopes.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:15 pm

Even if bobo falls through, the very fact that its a possibility shows the club have cash to spend abd likely have other strikers they are following......... and actually doing so in december not febuary :o!!
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
EdDog

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby EdDog Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:24 pm

Even if bobo falls through, the very fact that its a possibility shows the club have cash to spend abd likely have other strikers they are following......... and actually doing so in december not febuary :o!!
If this were the old owners it would be to only drum up some press. I don't necessarily think the new owners are doing this but a lot of existing staff remained with the sale so I wouldn't put it past us to keep the charade going.

Although I'm quietly optimistic that's it's not just smoke and mirrors and we are gonna make a splash in Jan.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:16 am

If this were the old owners it would be to only drum up some press. I don't necessarily think the new owners are doing this but a lot of existing staff remained with the sale so I wouldn't put it past us to keep the charade going.

Although I'm quietly optimistic that's it's not just smoke and mirrors and we are gonna make a splash in Jan.
It would be very interesting to see if there is a measurable way to determine whether press like this does more harm than good. Obviously there is the initial swell of joy as fans read AU linked with a high calibre player but then follows the disappointment of the transfer falling thru. Especially as the process was repeated several times.
Time to Djbate!
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:26 am

It would be very interesting to see if there is a measurable way to determine whether press like this does more harm than good. Obviously there is the initial swell of joy as fans read AU linked with a high calibre player but then follows the disappointment of the transfer falling thru. Especially as the process was repeated several times.
To be honest I've chosen not to believe any player transfer rumours for years now. (Whether for AU or for the team I support in the Championship in England.) So I don't get either excited or disappointed based on rumours.
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:40 pm

We need to step up our search for a Diawara replacement now. We have cash to splash, there's no reason why we can't spend a good $1-2 million+ on a marquee.
we da best
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:05 pm

Tonight really showed what we are missing. The fans are getting frustrated as you can see on social media and by the clear attendance drops at Hindmarsh. The die hards are consistent but if we want to pack the place a striker/play makers puts bums on seats and media attention. Fox were jizzing over Honda and toiven all night.
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:27 am

We need to step up our search for a Diawara replacement now. We have cash to splash, there's no reason why we can't spend a good $1-2 million+ on a marquee.
Are we printing our own money now? Or have you made a generous donation? I think there's still the same reason - we don't have the money.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:58 am

I didn't realise you had access to the AU financials. I can think of one reason why AU won't spend $1-2m on a marquee. Because there is a excellent chance the owners aren't willing to spend that sort of money.
Time to Djbate!
salmonfc

Postby salmonfc Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:56 pm

Once the takeover was finalised, Adelaide received a cash injection of $15 million from the Dutch Chinese consortium. Surely they've got money for an actual marquee.

If we're gonna have any hope of keeping up with the league leaders and the big boys over the next few years, we'll need to start spending big lest we go the way of the Mariners.
we da best
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:32 pm

Sorry salmon, i cant follow that line if thought.

You say 1-2 million so casually like its pocket change.

These new guys have invested heavily on the club so far with many great initiatives plus have signed 2 socceroos.

Sure they havnt delivered with a marquee but they have inherited 2 already.

As soon as we start spending someone elses money and throwing around numbers like that then im afraid we just look like petulent ungrateful children.

Also, you say unless we start spending big we will fall behind.... I trust you have equally invested in the club by purchasing a full season membership plus merch, a current home shirt at minimum?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
salmonfc

Postby salmonfc Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:19 pm

If I wasn't on Youth Allowance I'd have done that :(
we da best
supsup

Postby supsup Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:26 am

Let’s all pipe down and accept mediocrity.
BenAD
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaías

Postby BenAD Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:27 am

Well you don't buy a football club to make money, and considering in essence they only have to pay for half a season of one... I guess it all depends what happens with baba.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:28 am

there's nothing wrong with wanting your team to strive to match the best in the league - and that includes player transfers.
But it's also not 'accepting mediocrity' to recognize that blowing wads of cash on players is not always realistic. Personally I would not be comfortable with Adelaide paying someone like Bobo $1.3M like Sydney did. Each to their own.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”