Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

sub007
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby sub007 Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:34 pm

Is the guy wearing number 58 a youth team player or a triallist? I don't think I've seen him before.
Looks like Carlo Armiento to me.
cheers.
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:05 pm

So is Brucey coming home? :D
sub007

Postby sub007 Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:22 pm

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:58 pm

Great news if accurate. Odd it hasn't been announced? Maybe waiting till next week when there is less news?
Also nice work Sub on being an AU fan and not blocked by Val. You're one of few!
Time to Djbate!
BenAD
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaías

Postby BenAD Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:11 am

Interesting, I wonder if he is the plans for tonight then with goodwin out. Hopefully these young players get opportunities to impress this season
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:19 pm

Also nice work Sub on being an AU fan and not blocked by Val. You're one of few!
Hahaha 'tis a rare sight indeed.
sub007

Postby sub007 Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:17 pm

Great news if accurate. Odd it hasn't been announced? Maybe waiting till next week when there is less news?
Haha cheers.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:44 pm

Some big news in the womens teams.

2 iceland internationals, one with a long history with marseille.

https://t.co/kAK7lfcq2i
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:52 pm

Some big news in the womens teams.

2 iceland internationals, one with a long history with marseille.

https://t.co/kAK7lfcq2i

Super!
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:36 pm

“A clubs true ambition can be mapped by its willingness to invest in it womens teams”

Thoughts?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:50 pm

“A clubs true ambition can be mapped by its willingness to invest in it womens teams”

Thoughts?
I wouldn't really call that ambition. More an understanding of the changing world we live in.
Obviously we don't know where women's sport will be in 10-20 years but IMO it's blatantly obviously its growing. It's the club's awake enough to identify that and take action on that may reap the rewards of that pro-activity in the future. There is a huge amount of goodwill on offer for sports and clubs who become leaders in women's sports. I feel it's only a matter of time before that goodwill becomes directly measurable financial benefits.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:18 am

Thoughts?
I wouldn't really call that ambition. More an understanding of the changing world we live in.
Obviously we don't know where women's sport will be in 10-20 years but IMO it's blatantly obviously its growing. It's the club's awake enough to identify that and take action on that may reap the rewards of that pro-activity in the future. There is a huge amount of goodwill on offer for sports and clubs who become leaders in women's sports. I feel it's only a matter of time before that goodwill becomes directly measurable financial benefits.
That sounds like ambition to me stuckey.

Im not talking about spending huge to win the treble every year. I mean long term ambition to create a succesful club that matters to people.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:29 pm

Thoughts?

Im not talking about spending huge to win the treble every year. I mean long term ambition to create a succesful club that matters to people.

To me also.

I think the new owners of the club have shown more ambition on all levels in this short space of time than the last group did in their entire period.

We now seem to have smart, engaged, passionate football people running the club.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:30 am

Thoughts?

Yeah I get what you're saying, to me ambition isn't just doing what you probably should have been doing for years anyway. I'm not sure how squads are shaping up this season but until last season Melb City was the only club ever to actually hit the salary cap of the W-League. IMO that should be the bare minimum anything beyond that is what I would consider being ambitious.
I applaud the club for clearly lifting their game as far as recruitment and promotion of the W-League side goes but I feel like they've lifted it to base level where it should have always been.
Announcing signings and including them in pre-season promotion should have been happening for years.
I just view women's sport as a massive aspect of society that needs help. Young girls growing up need to know that participating in sports is a perfectly normal thing and they don't need to be tom-boys or lesbians to take part.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:33 pm

I would imagine blackwoods season is done.

Off contract at seasons end and 21 years old.
Im hoping we keep him for an extended stay, every appearance this season he has shown something to suggest he can be a force in this league and head overseas.

A team with a quality aussie striker has the luxury of putting their visa players elswhere plus i feel blackwood may earn an aleague club who believes in his a nice trabsfer fee.

Thoughts?

I

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”