Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Obarizk
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jordan Elsey

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Obarizk Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:47 pm

Also if he has played most of his football as a 10 rather than a striker then his stats even in singapore are actually very impressive.

Numbers shmumbers though! Proof will be on the pitch
As far as I can tell he played as a striker in Malaysia, transfermarkt does not have his position listed for every game but every time they do list a position it is striker. In China it was a mixture of both striker and AM, with one game apparently at DM, might be a mistake. Singapore is unclear.
Obarizk

Postby Obarizk Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:53 pm

Hopefully he's signed as a 10, now the club can chase Milligan to play in the midfield alongside Isias.
I think Miligan is on the decline as a footballer, so I do not want him. We also already have Isaias, Lia and D'Arrigo as DMs plus others who can play there. Miligan could play as CM but I would rather Konstandopoulos play.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:59 pm

Also if he has played most of his football as a 10 rather than a striker then his stats even in singapore are actually very impressive.

As far as I can tell he played as a striker in Malaysia, transfermarkt does not have his position listed for every game but every time they do list a position it is striker. In China it was a mixture of both striker and AM, with one game apparently at DM, might be a mistake. Singapore is unclear.
He is a 10 , said so in his club interview and that he has recently also played as a striker.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Obarizk

Postby Obarizk Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:03 pm

Rhys Williams has taken a deal with a Saudi club, opposing team's player's knees are safe again. Probably last season's dirtiest player and the referees didn't seem to care.

I agree Shin, we need a quality LB now. I'd still like a decent RW too. If Isaias is naturalized we will have 2 visa spots free I think?
Definitely need a LB.

VISA players so far Baba, Ilso and Jakobsen if Isaias gets his citizenship so two spots.

If Miluesnic does not perform at RW I would like to see Niyongabire and Kristin Konstandopoulos get their chance. Or play Kitto although I think he is better on the left. It might be quantity over quality but we do have plenty of wingers.
Obarizk

Postby Obarizk Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:14 pm

He is a 10 , said so in his club interview and that he has recently also played as a striker.
Yeah, he played his highest level football mostly as a number 10, but he probably has played more games as a striker in his career. However he is here as a number 10 and hopefully he can create a lot although he seems to be more keen on scoring lots of goals. Perhaps we will see him getting layoffs from Baba and running at the box to shoot a lot of the time.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:10 pm

Rhys Williams has taken a deal with a Saudi club, opposing team's player's knees are safe again. Probably last season's dirtiest player and the referees didn't seem to care.

I agree Shin, we need a quality LB now. I'd still like a decent RW too. If Isaias is naturalized we will have 2 visa spots free I think?
We must be on the same page as i would also like to see a genuinely dangerous RW.

Im holding hope for mabil, his loan in portugal has not been renewed and every season there are rumours he may return to aufc on loan.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby bpowell454 Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:43 am

We must be on the same page as i would also like to see a genuinely dangerous RW.

Im holding hope for mabil, his loan in portugal has not been renewed and every season there are rumours he may return to aufc on loan.
Mabil would be good. Let's us sign a visa LB and visa CM. Konstandopolous, Regan, Strain, Blackwood, Kitto and Mileusnic will all get some game time off the bench and some starts with all the injuries and suspensions etc.

Obarizk

Postby Obarizk Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:41 am

I hope the club shows more faith in the young SA players than some of the posters in this thread.
bpowell454

Postby bpowell454 Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:36 am

I hope the club shows more faith in the young SA players than some of the posters in this thread.
There is a time and a place for the young SA players to step up and stake their claim. We also have to be competitive. No use blooding youth for the sake of parochialism just for them to go for free to Melbourne city or WSW next season. If there is a clear short and/or long term gain then fair enough.
Obarizk

Postby Obarizk Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:25 am

There is a time and a place for the young SA players to step up and stake their claim. We also have to be competitive. No use blooding youth for the sake of parochialism just for them to go for free to Melbourne city or WSW next season. If there is a clear short and/or long term gain then fair enough.
They are definitely going to leave if we do not play them. Kamau, Tongyik, Warland, Koutroumbis and O'Doherty are recent examples, Marrone is an example from further back. The only way to keep them is to play them, the only way to get a transfer fee is to play them so they improve and get interest from overseas. We will probbably lose some of Nathan and Kristin Konstandopoulos, Brook, D'Arrigo, Niyongabire, Margush and Armiento no matter what happens but we will lose all of them if we never play them. They will either have their development stunted or will move to other clubs looking for game time. If Izzo stays beyond this year Margush has to leave to get game time just like Birghitti and Izzo had to leave previously.

It is always going to be the case that if the club has a successful youth development program players are going to leave for nothing but the club needs to be smarter at getting transfer money for some of them.

And I think the idea we cannot be competitive while starting Nathan Konstandopoulos and Miluesnic is totally wrong. A large part of the reason we won the Championship was Kamau and Mauk. We also benifited because we gave McGowan and Goodwin a chance to grow and become excellent A-league players.

I think there is some merit in us recruiting a visa LB and then keeping the last visa spot in hand to see what we need to finish the squad later in the season.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:01 pm

I'm digging the confidence.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Obarizk

Postby Obarizk Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:43 pm

Reading on twitter, not the most reliable source I know, that Isaias will not be getting his citizenship and there for will still be a visa player this season. So a visa LB seems like a must unless there is an Australian LB available that we do not know about and no other visa players.
Previous comments was the squad had 20 players so I guessing the the squad is now at 21 players. The club website should be reliable source of the squad but annoyingly it does not have Jakobsen or Goodwin listed let alone Ilso and a total of 18 players. The clubs main wikipedia page has 20 players, seemingly missing Brook.

I think the squad is,
GK: Izzo, Margush, Richards
Def: Marrone, Regan, Elsey, Jakobsen, Strain
Mid: Isaias, Ilso, N.Konstandopoulos, Lia, Brook
Wing: Goodwin, Miluesnic, Kitto, K. Konstandopoulos, Niyongabire
Strikers: Baba, Blackwood, Stamatelopoulos

D'Arrigo is listed on the club website as being in the A-league squad, but I can find nothing to say he has been promoted.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:46 am

Everyone talking about ben garuccios “screamer”, adelaide fans know it was a cross.
offshorejack
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby offshorejack Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:06 pm

Everyone talking about ben garuccios “screamer”, adelaide fans know it was a cross.
haha :clap:
bpowell454

Postby bpowell454 Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:04 pm

haha :clap:
Hearts social media manager knows too lolImage

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”