Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby shinAUFC Wed May 09, 2018 11:48 am

Is it possible we are signing goodwin as a a garrucio replacement rather than replacing absa

Kurz likes his full backs pushing forward.

Id say he may be signed as both lw/lb as kurz does like to change it up against different opposition.

I probably wouldnt re sign garrucio
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Reds4Life
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Wed May 09, 2018 2:25 pm

Goodwin at full back..... yes please. I reckon Brad Smith would be an option too.

Left wingers, good ones, aren't easy to find with an Australian passport.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed May 09, 2018 2:37 pm

Goodwin at full back..... yes please. I reckon Brad Smith would be an option too.

Left wingers, good ones, aren't easy to find with an Australian passport.
Not going to happen this season, but i wonder if leckie would consider returning here at some stage.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Wed May 09, 2018 5:51 pm

Adelaide United can officially announce the departure of defender, Tarek Elrich, after five successful years in South Australia.

Edit- as expected he's heading home to Western Sydney.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Thu May 10, 2018 3:02 pm

Adelaide United can officially announce the departure of defender, Tarek Elrich, after five successful years in South Australia.

And apparently, according to Chris Dittmar on Triple M this morning, that leaves Michael Marrone as the only remaining player at AU from the 2016 Championship winning side. Funny, I must’ve missed the news about Isaias leaving.

Of course, I put this error down to the usual AFL-obsessed ignorance of the main stream media. But then I got to work and opened up the Tiser and there was the chief soccer writer in the state saying exactly the same thing! Obviously Ditts just reads the morning paper to get his 10 second snippets of soccer news for the breaky show.

Easily done I suppose. It’s not like the current captain of the club made much of an impression on the GF :wink:
bpowell454

Postby bpowell454 Thu May 10, 2018 5:27 pm

I think more interestingly, if we do let Garrucio and Ochieng go, Marrone is our only remaining fullback.
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Thu May 10, 2018 5:28 pm

And apparently, according to Chris Dittmar on Triple M this morning, that leaves Michael Marrone as the only remaining player at AU from the 2016 Championship winning side. Funny, I must’ve missed the news about Isaias leaving.

Of course, I put this error down to the usual AFL-obsessed ignorance of the main stream media. But then I got to work and opened up the Tiser and there was the chief soccer writer in the state saying exactly the same thing! Obviously Ditts just reads the morning paper to get his 10 second snippets of soccer news for the breaky show.

Easily done I suppose. It’s not like the current captain of the club made much of an impression on the GF :wink:
To be fair Ditts is heavily involved with the game at grassroots level here.

Elsey was in the squad too that year.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sat May 12, 2018 9:11 am

I really hope we keep OD and Garuccio. Ochieng can go.
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Sat May 12, 2018 12:45 pm

I feel a bit for OD. He really showed some grit in the previous season but found himself on the outer this season. I'd love to keep him but can understand if he decides to move in search of first team football.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Sat May 12, 2018 1:37 pm

To be fair Ditts is heavily involved with the game at grassroots level here.

Elsey was in the squad too that year.
Ochieng was in the squad as well. Nathan K left during that season while Margush played a match but was still a youth team player.
sub007

Postby sub007 Sat May 12, 2018 1:39 pm

I really hope we keep OD and Garuccio. Ochieng can go.
This. Get Goodwin to replace Johan and get visa players to replace Gulum and Adlung.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat May 12, 2018 5:21 pm

We could get mcgowan back instead of a visa but i suspect he has an eye on scotland.

I feel like lia and konsta can do a great job next to a creative mid. Go for broke and break the bank on a 10 if we sign goodwin and an aussie cb
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat May 12, 2018 5:24 pm

Apparently we were after pignata as ceo but lost to glory.

In any case it seems we are talking to the right people in the know and are not putting our hopes and dreams with a bunch of pinch hitters
sub007

Postby sub007 Sat May 12, 2018 6:16 pm

Ryan's still contracted for another year at Bradford while Dylan is on loan at Gangwon until the end of the year. Gangwon can also sign him for an extra two years after that.

I would love to see Dylan back but I just can't see it happening.
bpowell454

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby bpowell454 Sat May 12, 2018 6:47 pm

Ryan's still contracted for another year at Bradford while Dylan is on loan at Gangwon until the end of the year. Gangwon can also sign him for an extra two years after that.

I would love to see Dylan back but I just can't see it happening.
I think I heard somewhere that Dylan hasn't played a minute of professional football since leaving AUFC. I haven't fact checked that though so I could be mistaken.

Edit- his wiki says he's played 8 games for Gangwon, my mistake

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”