Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby shinAUFC Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:11 pm

Yeah we should be trying to win trophies. I mean how many trophies have we actually won in the last few years!
(Oh ..... really? .... oh, well I'll shut up then.)

Bunch of whingers on hear.

Our culture is pretty clear, I thought?
- play football rather than lump it forward;
- give local youth a great chance to break into the first team;
- bring back local players from overseas or interstate when we can;
- try and find low key (cheap) imports who can make an impact (accepting that means taking risks on them).

That's good enough for me.

-
I take a bit of issue with this post.

Its one thing to call out people who make mindless comments about the club thar show very little thought or critical thinking.

Im not sure why you would flat out label people as whingers who have applied some level of thought to their thoughts and concerns, many watrs members also have direct or indirect knowledge if the inner workings of the club abd ironically all sing a very similar tune.

I can only think if one other person who seems to think the club is above criticism and thats mr GG.

Football forums are literally a coming together of different ideas, why else are we here?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:25 pm

In a real football league we would have had warland on a 5 year deal.

Times like this where warland needs game time we would loan him to a lower ranked club under the provision he cannot play against us.

There would be 18-20 teams in the league providing ample opportunity for youth.

Any club that wants tovsign him long term would need to give us a transfer fee compensating the years we have spent developing him.

The aleague is a plastic mickey mouse league offranchises, NOT clubs who’s growth and success is organic.

#rant
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Jumbinho
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hugene

Postby Jumbinho Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:35 pm

Times like this where warland needs game time we would loan him to a lower ranked club under the provision he cannot play against us.

Any club that wants tovsign him long term would need to give us a transfer fee compensating the years we have spent developing him.

The aleague is a plastic mickey mouse league offranchises, NOT clubs who’s growth and success is organic.

#rant
Spot on.

I’ve pretty much hit the point where I can’t even drum up the motivation to be annoyed when shit like this happens now
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:37 pm

As annoying as it is for us, i really feel for the talented kids who are considering picking up a trade rather than pursuing football
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:56 pm

Kovacevic has got to go, our recruitment and retention is a disgrace.

Its only through the outstanding work of our junior coaches we remain competitive.
Capac

Postby Capac Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:30 pm

I'm not as soon and gloom as some people like to be these days. I have my issues such as the length of time it seems to get Kovacevic to do things. Maybe they're waiting for the transfer window to close to get a player that fits within the salary cap.

As for Younger players I think it's going to be something we will have to deal with. With the amount of young players the club is pumping out these days, it's just unrealistic to think that we are going to be able to give everyone a starting spot and keep everyone. Honestly I think the fact players are leaving for game time and starting for other clubs is a testament to the quality of our youth development.
Baresi79
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isias

Postby Baresi79 Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:47 pm

Ikonomidies has gone to WSW. Is that one AU could have done with?
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:14 pm

That surprises me.

I had a chat with him and his family a few years ago on the bus after an Atalanta game, they didnt hold the aleague in high regard.

I suppose its mostly a play for the WC and Gombau is also a factor
Baresi79
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isias

Postby Baresi79 Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:23 pm

That surprises me.

I had a chat with him and his family a few years ago on the bus after an Atalanta game, they didnt hold the aleague in high regard.
I did read that he wasnt really getting any game time and its a last roll of the dice for the WC.
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:58 pm

That surprises me.

Why would playing with Gombau be a factor ?? He's not likely to be there very long
otto62

Postby otto62 Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:46 am

#rant
I could hardly disagree with this more.

5 year deal for Warland - what league in the world gives their fourth choice CB a 5 year deal? None.

Loan to a lower ranked club - usually that means the parent club paying most of the wages. I wouldn't be in favour of us loaning someone to say Perth Glory. Because the league is so small and the finals are important (not just first past the post) it would come back to bite us.

18-20 teams - would be great .... if we're prepared to drop the quality of the league and make it semi-professional (halve the salary of the players and they'd need a second job).

Transfer fee - I agree with the idea of compensation for youth development, with small amounts trickling down to junior clubs as well.

Mickey Mouse franchises - AUFC in my opinion really are the people's team. I was never a supporter of Ad City or West Ad in the NSL. I liked watching Ad City but they weren't my team. AUFC is! I guess that's why I get a bit defensive if I feel someone is criticising my team.

Anyway. As you were. I'm enjoying this season. Without the injuries to senior players and the failure to replace Matmour we'd never have seen the youngsters step up.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:02 am

That surprises me.

Why would playing with Gombau be a factor ?? He's not likely to be there very long
Gombau plays a very open attackinh styl which suits a player like ikonomidis who wants to showcase his skill.

Creative attacking minded players have proven to play well in gombaus systems.

Gombau would also have a working relationship with ikonomidis through the socceroos.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:40 am

That surprises me.

another one like Troisi who thinks the A-League is below his station ...
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
spaceCowboy

Postby spaceCowboy Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:55 am

That surprises me.

another one like Troisi who thinks the A-League is below his station ...
These are the types of players the A-League needs to retain or lure 'back' IMO. Players riding the pine in Europe does them and the socceroos no good. The quality of the league would go up a notch if players like Amini, Mabil, Mcgree (on loan) and Burns (recently returned) were playing week in and week out. I'm sure there are many more players wasting their time in Europe.

Anyway back OT, as mentioned earlier, we cannot realistically keep all of our youth prospects, we simply are not able to squeeze them all into the matchday squad and remain competitive over the course of a whole season. Hopefully Warland can get some game time and come back to United a better player.
We are UNITED, after all....
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:49 am

That surprises me.

Gombau plays a very open attackinh styl which suits a player like ikonomidis who wants to showcase his skill.

Creative attacking minded players have proven to play well in gombaus systems.

Gombau would also have a working relationship with ikonomidis through the socceroos.
Again, Josep isn't likely to be there long.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”