Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

sub007
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby sub007 Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:18 pm

I had a look on transfermarkt and found some attacking midfielders who are free agents and I found three players we could sign. They are Antun Palic, Nenad Marinkovic (Nebojsa's younger brother) and Anton Zemlianukhin.

Palic is the best of the three and seems to be the most likely. He is 29 years old and most recently played for Mouscron in Belgium. His market value according to Transfermarkt is 1.25 mill euros. He has been capped by Croatia at u19, u20 and u21 level.

Nenad Marincovic last played for Mladost in the Serbian Superliga. His value according to Transfermarkt is 300k. He has been capped at u19 and u21 level. He is 29 years old.

If we decide to sign an Asian player than Anton Zemlianukhin is an option. He signed for newly promoted Russian side SKA Khabarovsk at the start of the season but had his contract cancelled as he was injured when he signed. His value according to Transfermarkt is also 300k. He is also Kyrgyzstan's all time top goalscorer with 9 goals. He is also 29.

Of the three, I have only seen Zemlianukhin play (Kyrgyzstan v Socceroos) and from memory he was a very tricky and pacy player but had no final product. A bit like Nikola but with better tekkers.

Love your work, Palic is a good one. Has played in Thailand so not affraid of moving abroad, possibly played witj Burns at AEK.

Expect us to now sign Ruben Zadkovich.
Cheers man. Zadkovich retired so we'll probably end up with Cernak.
Interloper

Postby Interloper Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:10 pm

https://twitter.com/VinceRugari/status/ ... 3923885056 I hear this guy is available. Sounds like he is trying to jump codes though ;)
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:56 pm

https://twitter.com/VinceRugari/status/ ... 3923885056 I hear this guy is available. Sounds like he is trying to jump codes though ;)
Not football related but this guy makes me uneasy from a political point of view.

If you read up on him he seems to pop up quite often as some kind of aspiring media personality and his sporting aspirations seem to be tactical to help gis media career.

Last week he came out with an article about how Melbourne has a problem with sudanese gangs ( he is sudanese and was an innocent stabbing victim previously ).
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/we-ha ... 4yy4p.html

The article seemed to just follow the medias agenda for the week on heaping blame on the sudanese community.

Going back some time ago melbourne papers printed a story about Usain Bolt partying with Apex gang members, it turned out to actually be Nelly Yoa who is obviously not a gang member.

My point is his name seems to keep coming up in media discourse and you have to wonder if its all apart of a ploy from him and his manager to become a melbourne media personality.

Maybe im wrong and he is a great guy but it seems he just sold out those of his heritage for a few cheap media points to get his bame out there...

Anyway back to football..
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
sub007

Postby sub007 Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:58 pm

Can't be worse than Makarounas.
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:45 pm

He could be worse than Makarounas and almost certainly is worse.
I am Scott
sub007

Postby sub007 Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:49 pm

He could be worse than Makarounas and almost certainly is worse.
I was kidding mate.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:26 pm

Not football related but this guy makes me uneasy from a political point of view.

If you read up on him he seems to pop up quite often as some kind of aspiring media personality and his sporting aspirations seem to be tactical to help gis media career.

Last week he came out with an article about how Melbourne has a problem with sudanese gangs ( he is sudanese and was an innocent stabbing victim previously ).
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/we-ha ... 4yy4p.html

The article seemed to just follow the medias agenda for the week on heaping blame on the sudanese community.

Going back some time ago melbourne papers printed a story about Usain Bolt partying with Apex gang members, it turned out to actually be Nelly Yoa who is obviously not a gang member.

My point is his name seems to keep coming up in media discourse and you have to wonder if its all apart of a ploy from him and his manager to become a melbourne media personality.

Maybe im wrong and he is a great guy but it seems he just sold out those of his heritage for a few cheap media points to get his bame out there...

Anyway back to football..
Seems like he is known for this shit. I had never heard of him till i read his article during the week. I thought what a dog selling out your people to get your name out there.

Foxsports has just exposed him in an article
https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/t ... b34dcff77f

Dexter rosales mk2.

The disgusting thing about this is how the media used him to support an agenda about the sudanese. Divide and conquer.

Who needs facts when you have a well spoken black guy willing to say sudanese are a problem and being politically correct is wrong.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Interloper

Postby Interloper Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:35 pm

The disgusting thing about this is how the media used him to support an agenda about the sudanese. Divide and conquer.

Who needs facts when you have a well spoken black guy willing to say sudanese are a problem and being politically correct is wrong.
Theres an entire cottage industry of being "one of the good ones" if you're willing to confirm all the worst bigotry and stereotypes in the media.
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:47 pm

So this bloke is not going to sign with us.

When are we going to hear that someone has signed for us.

It seems like the club is chasing Viguera, there might be a lot of work going on, but hopefully this move or something can be finalised soon. The good thing about Viguera, as opposed to Baba last season, is that he is coming from a club and has been playing a little bit so should not be completely lacking in match fitness.
I am Scott
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:44 pm

Theres an entire cottage industry of being "one of the good ones" if you're willing to confirm all the worst bigotry and stereotypes in the media.
I dont want to derail this thread, but when you pick this all apart and break it down to to its most simple form of the state, the media and the voting general public in a democracy........ well you could write a very long book thats for damn sure.

I dont understand how people consume this crap and totally believe it.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:07 pm

http://www.news.com.au/national/victori ... 07309dfcc8

Yoa is now being outed for his crap by the media.

Whats puzzling but not at all surprising is the media is not being questioned in using him as a tool to incite animosity in the community. He has appeared on many tv shows and given interviews to numerous journos. They all knew what they were doing and what they were trying to achieve.

Noticed the media have only outed him once the issue elevated to vicpol and the prime minister, basically they have what they want so they now discredit yoa and cover their tracks.

Sorry for derailing the thread but i cant believe people accept this rubbish. This is a perfect example of media with far too great power manipulating the community.
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:03 pm

Matmour told us he was leaving at least 6 weeks ago. We've been able to put pen on paper for 9 days now.

Where is our bloody signing?

(side note, if we signed McGree, would the Olyroos have had to have left one of our other players behind as the limit per club is 3)

It's so disappointing that we have a shot at an ACL place and are not hunting it down!!!
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:21 pm

I wonder if we'll actually see more contract extensions before we get to see new faces.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:51 pm

On one hand I think we need one or two new players in key areas, on the other it's obvious that to succeed in the a-league you need to keep a good squad together as long as possible, so contract extensions would also please me.

Any news would be good news.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:56 pm

Its interesting that Wellington lost Vidosic about 2 weeks ago and have already signed a replacement today. Victory have injuries and sign 2. AU have an import spot free, a long term injury they can sign cover for along with 3 players away for 5 games along with Lia out for another 6 weeks and nothing.

Matmour clearly was unsettled for a while before being announced 6 weeks back and with a clear gap in the playing squad for that position and there is not even a murmur other than Ante having a moan on radio "that players don't want to come to Adelaide".

I'd suggest it is one of two things, either the clubs treatment of past players means no experienced Aussie will come near the place or that the AU offer peanuts on a par with the Mariners to attract players.
I find the McGree decision pretty interesting, as I really thought he would have come back to AU over the Jets.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”