Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby EdDog Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:31 pm

If he’s Australian I’d take him.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby ChillyPhilly Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:47 pm

He's still a Portuguese citizen unfortunately.

He'll want to be starting regularly. That was why he left. The rise of Mabil saw the RW spot come up for grabs, and he was bitter that Mabil had made it his own.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:17 pm

He's still a Portuguese citizen unfortunately.

He'll want to be starting regularly. That was why he left. The rise of Mabil saw the RW spot come up for grabs, and he was bitter that Mabil had made it his own.
That and forgetting the concept that a player needs to be fit to actually offer something to a side.
Those things coupled with the FFA's bright idea to allow clubs only one transfer window to work out how to fit 5 contracted visa players in to 4 spots made things very messy. Annoyingly the FFA changed their mind once Fabio demanded to leave.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:41 am

I know its early days for gulum but should we be trying to figure out how to keep him next season ?

Currently on a one year loan, its unlikely we could afford him after the the loan is over. IMO he is og monster mk2 , a fit and healthy gulum would walk into the roos line up next to sainsbury ( had he not chosen turkey ) . We cab build a defense around him just as the front third cab be built around baba

Also is absalonsen on a 1 year deal? If so we need to be proactive
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:46 am

I know its early days for gulum but should we be trying to figure out how to keep him next season ?

Currently on a one year loan, its unlikely we could afford him after the the loan is over. IMO he is og monster mk2 , a fit and healthy gulum would walk into the roos line up next to sainsbury ( had he not chosen turkey ) . We cab build a defense around him just as the front third cab be built around baba

Also is absalonsen on a 1 year deal? If so we need to be proactive

Re Gulum, he had a couple of slightly shaky games at first, one dominant one, then got injured. I'd like to see more from him before making the call to pull out all the stops to retain him.
He's no doubt got a very good pedigree but we've had those players before that haven't worked out.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:42 pm

Gulum is apparently earning $5m a season in China. I'd say there would be zero chance of him staying at AU.
Time to Djbate!
EdDog

Postby EdDog Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:35 pm

Gulum is apparently earning $5m a season in China. I'd say there would be zero chance of him staying at AU.
Only chance is an extension to the loan deal (unless his contract with his Chinese side either ends or they trade him elsewhere to get him completely off his list).
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:32 pm

Yea thats my point.

If kurz would like to keep him for next season we probably need to start working something out now.

The chances of gulum getting 5 million in his next contract are tiny but he will still command a huge wage
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:30 am

Yea thats my point.

If kurz would like to keep him for next season we probably need to start working something out now.

The chances of gulum getting 5 million in his next contract are tiny but he will still command a huge wage
Yeah there is an ocean of clubs between $5m and the most AU can afford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:16 pm

5million is due to the china market and incentive to move there.

Gulum would be a couple of seasons slower since that contract and a season in the aleague would have lowered his stocks even more.

Given we could afford the loan, its probably a fair assumption he was shopped around the middle east, other chinese clubs and sth korea with no takers.

So i think its totally realistic he will be worth hundreds of thousands rather than millions on the open market .

If he does live up to potential and becomes og monster mk2 then im totally happy with him being 2nd marquee.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:09 pm

5million is due to the china market and incentive to move there.

Gulum would be a couple of seasons slower since that contract and a season in the aleague would have lowered his stocks even more.

Given we could afford the loan, its probably a fair assumption he was shopped around the middle east, other chinese clubs and sth korea with no takers.

So i think its totally realistic he will be worth hundreds of thousands rather than millions on the open market .

If he does live up to potential and becomes og monster mk2 then im totally happy with him being 2nd marquee.
You never really know how those agreements are meet though. His CSL club might have just said. "Look you're not going to be a visa player this season. Find another club" and then left the ball in his management's court to sort out. AU came in and said we can assure game time or something like that.
I think if he's seriously going to be shopped around AU aren't within a sniff of affording him.
Obviously $5m is a seriously inflated wage. But even if he took a 90% pay cut AU still probably couldn't afford him. I expect he'll be off to a petro league club, back in China or back in Turkey next season.
I'll obviously be overjoyed if AU can keep him. But in reality, I'll just enjoy him while he lasts.
Time to Djbate!
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:42 pm

The club just announced that Kitto and N Konsta have signed a two year contract extension while Mileusnic has signed a one year deal. Isaac Richards has also been signed on a scholarship deal until the end of the season.

All three deserve extensions imo and will be key players in future seasons.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:45 pm

The club just announced that Kitto and N Konsta have signed a two year contract extension while Mileusnic has signed a one year deal. Isaac Richards has also been signed on a scholarship deal until the end of the season.

All three deserve extensions imo and will be key players in future seasons.
Good to see. Solid group of players.
Interloper

Postby Interloper Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:54 am

Surprised only one year for Mileusnic, unless he's adding a year to a longer contract? He's been the stand out of those 3 IMHO, and with more upward momentum too.
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:41 pm

Mileusnic may have just wanted the one year extension. Sees his own potential and doesn't want to be tied down if a big offer comes.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”