Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby shinAUFC Wed May 10, 2017 12:31 pm

I hope the club dont half arse this off season.

This probably wont be popular to say on an aufc board but i almost hope we assemble a bits and bobs squad next season so i can have little expectation and just be a casual fan.

Its certainly much easier than having an attatchment to a club who's board seem intent on taking fans for granted by raising hopes and doing what ever it can to annihilating them.

Its not even about signing big name players, show us some kind of forward planning and continuity.

We won trophies due to a combination of 2 quality managers and their ability to get much out of what they had with such a small budget and the good fortune of youth players going beyond their payroll. We have been succesfull despite the ownership group not because of it.

#endofrant
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Wed May 10, 2017 12:43 pm

Club has 3 weeks to be very clear on their intentions (signing a coach and make decisions on key out of contract players) otherwise I'm writing off next season already.

I hate the whole "I'll cancel my membership if they don't do x" but I do have to consider my financial contribution to this mess if it plays out like most of us fear.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: RE: Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Stuckey Wed May 10, 2017 1:19 pm

I have no issues with the club being silent. Better to remain silent and look a fool than speak and remove all doubt.

The players were disappointed last night, I have no problem with a half arsed lap. As mentioned, the club haven't done right by them and we the fans.

I read Tareks words this morning and personally I think it's great. It's out in the open from the players, not just the fans.
Staying silent is one thing. Actively choosing not to honor club legends is another.
What's the point of marketing players to the fans if we can't celebrate those long serving players milestones and careers?
Time to Djbate!
Reds4Life
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Wed May 10, 2017 1:59 pm

I have no issues with the club being silent. Better to remain silent and look a fool than speak and remove all doubt.

The players were disappointed last night, I have no problem with a half arsed lap. As mentioned, the club haven't done right by them and we the fans.

I read Tareks words this morning and personally I think it's great. It's out in the open from the players, not just the fans.
Staying silent is one thing. Actively choosing not to honor club legends is another.
What's the point of marketing players to the fans if we can't celebrate those long serving players milestones and careers?
I was talking more along the recruitment lines. We don't need to know who they're chasing or where from, even if that would be nice.

Totally agree on what you said though
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Wed May 10, 2017 2:05 pm

There is just so many levels and layers of disappointment with the club these days. I'll find it hard to financially support the club next season through memberships the way they run it.
Stuckey - good points, I'd love to know what the plan is for the club as it seems to be lurch from crisis to crisis. the way they have handled the exit of Amor and legends like Celo and Eugene is so so poor I can't even find the words to describe it. Its just not possible to imagine any professional sporting club doing this, yet AU have it as a fine art because they have learnt nothing from Dodd leaving and have failed to heed the warnings on club culture and what that actually means.
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Wed May 10, 2017 2:09 pm

You only have to look at the way they handled their time at North Adelaide to know how they roll.

You can't run a sporting club of any kind purely like a business. Sure, you need strategy and such but there's so much more to it than that. Loyalty is largely dead in sport, so when you have the chance to honour champion servants you do so with fanfare.

Club Champion Dinner might be interesting
mcjules

Postby mcjules Wed May 10, 2017 2:12 pm

Everyone's going to love this here :lol: Bet you it's basically this
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Wed May 10, 2017 2:13 pm

Why does Grant Mayer always come across as an arrogant snob?

He should consider that the financial input from AU fans pays his salary.Image
mcjules

Postby mcjules Wed May 10, 2017 2:18 pm

Yeah I don't get it. That first tweet should have been
"Understand the concerns but there are plans in place and will be announced tonight at the awards dinner"

I try and put myself in their shoes and not be too critical but they need to show some empathy too.
rusty81

Postby rusty81 Wed May 10, 2017 2:23 pm

The way its heading, the club will be in FFA hands by the end of next season. Another poor season with dwindling crowds and memberships will break the camel's back.

My feeling is that Griffin and co have been holding on for the new TV deal and the pay day that was suppose to come with it however that day doesn't like really materialising like they thought.
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Wed May 10, 2017 3:12 pm

Brilliant. We're set to repeat the same mistakes of last preseason, putting off hiring a new manager until June, with new players (apart from this mystery "14th player" that's going to sign tomorrow, who I'm guessing is Paul Izzo) not coming until August or September. The owners have not heeded the criticism of a lack of club culture by simply discarding of Cirio, Carrusca and worst of all Eugene Galekovic (who deserves a goddamn statue on Manton St), and it'll bite them next season when attendances dip below 5,000 regularly and our disgruntled fan base starts to dwindle.
we da best
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Wed May 10, 2017 4:12 pm

Can't see the attendances dropping that low, in fact I'd be disgusted if they did.

I do understand the issues people have with the club but jumping off is the worst thing we could do
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed May 10, 2017 4:28 pm

I was talking more along the recruitment lines. We don't need to know who they're chasing or where from, even if that would be nice.

Totally agree on what you said though
For sure. No club would publicly state they are chasing a player if they seriously are.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed May 10, 2017 4:31 pm

Yeah I don't get it. That first tweet should have been
"Understand the concerns but there are plans in place and will be announced tonight at the awards dinner"

I try and put myself in their shoes and not be too critical but they need to show some empathy too.
Yeah, so cold. If he doesn't like people hounding him with questions delete your twitter account.
CEOs having twitter accounts are there to put out fires not start them!

What's so special about the awards night that the club isn't able to announce any decisions they are making? Obviously the decisions have been made, why does everyone have to put on a suit, paint on a smile and pretend everything is great when some of those people are already out the door?
Time to Djbate!
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Wed May 10, 2017 5:12 pm

I'm trying to put together that list of 13 that are signed, couldn't manage it. That's even with Izzo included, as the club announced that 2 weeks ago.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”