Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Stuckey Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:16 pm

For me the biggest shock about this move for Bruce is that it hasn't happened sooner.
The size of shoes this new visa player needs to fill is getting bigger and bigger!

This will be interesting to see how the club replaces him (if he goes). Bruce was genuinely the only player who can effectively play the target man role for AU. So maybe the club will do away with that tactic all together so players like Cirio can feature up front more often in a system that isn't totally dependent on someone holding the ball up and bringing others into play.
Time to Djbate!
offshorejack
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby offshorejack Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:23 pm

should change the title of this thread to: "Who's NOT signed for next season"

just jokes

all will be fine
milan_7
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: McGree

Postby milan_7 Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:12 pm

Grant Mayer on Twitter

Bruce doing medical Tues. Sad to see him go but success breeds opportunities. Club actively pursuing all options.

Retweeted by the club, confirmed gone. Absolutely shattered by this clueless and unambitious off-season transfer business. All about the money, not impressed at all and at this rate we will be likely to make finals.

/rant
Clueless and unambitious ?

Mauk, goodwin and djite all had their buy out clause met or were off contract looking for a euro move

Kamau chose city halfway through last season while he was injured.

The club had no power over these players leaving at all. Given that the club has been smart enough to let the market play out before they commit to any visa signing i would say the club has played it quite well.

We could probably fit eugene and chelo in under the cap comfortably now and make a play for 2 quality sigings plus a few mid tier talents.

Just as we did last season we will need one or 2 of the younger boys to step up.

It was about this time last year we lost gombau and mabil and our biggest offseason signing was la Rocca
I can understand Mauk and Goodwin, but this just stinks of us not paying up. We have plenty cap space and Djite would not have expected us to pay as much as Suwon, just a decent amount. He is expecting a child I believe so I am sure his preference would be to stay here. Pablo I could understand leaving as I thought we could sign someone better, but we just released him before looking for a player. That is simply mental, we had a decent player yet just let him slide. The lack of ambition is not just this transfer window, but has been recurring through the Griffin's time here, simply letting great players leave our club. I'm talking Dodd, Flores, Ferreira, Cassio, Jeronimo, Reid, Boogaard and Juric plus many more that I am forgetting. I think we are well in our rights to complain, I trusted Gombau during the start of his stint and did not panic, I trusted Amor during the start of his stint and did not panic. I don't often lose it at the club but we are constantly a club that just takes other clubs rejects to replace our stars. I know Gombau and Amor have the quality to transform these players but a mass exodus with zero intention (so far) to adequately replace them is disgraceful. If we want to retain this title we have to be even better than last season but we are going backwards by leaking players and not replacing them.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:22 pm

Val mentioned that djite triggered an out clause, so its likely suwon put up the correct transfer fee. The club cannot do a thing about it unless we offer him more money. However this is a salary capped league.

I agree with you we have a history of losing great players, i was singing the same song last year and then We won everything.

I think its important to remember that most of the significant players we have lost came to this club relatively unknown and just outperformed their salaries. In a salary capped league there is little we can do about that when it comes to holding onto them all.

The fact that we have managed to keep cirio, eugene, carussca isaias, elrich and mcgowan is a minor miracle in its self to be honest.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:26 pm

Go all out and sign a marquee visa striker.
we da best
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:04 pm

'It's not possible.'

No. It's necessary.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
RedGrant

Postby RedGrant Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:14 pm

Bulut....

Would we?....could we?

I say yes, the guy has talent and still young, would be looking for Socceroo recall and Asian Champions League must be tempting.

If Bruce goes we should consider....

https://www.beinsports.com/au/football/ ... urn/292528
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:15 pm

Go all out and sign a marquee visa striker.
Well with all the transfer fees the club has gained since the GF its becoming hard to argue against. But just signing a big name or high wage has been proven regularly in the HAL to not be the best option. Both Berisha and Fornaroli came to the HAL under the salary cap.
Time to Djbate!
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:05 pm

It's interesting that the article mentions that we're looking at a Japanese forward.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:12 pm

It's interesting that the article mentions that we're looking at a Japanese forward.
You're banned. You change your favourite player one day. He leaves the next! :cry:
Time to Djbate!
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:20 pm

You're banned. You change your favourite player one day. He leaves the next! :cry:
I know, it's the first thing I thought of! :cry: Retired players from now on :lol:
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:31 pm

What's Alberto Gilardino up to?
Just signed a two year contract with Empoli.

What about Kevin Kuranyi?

Or Adebayor, Bendtner, Osvaldo, Carlton Cole or Klose

We would not be prepared to pay the money to bring them here.
Our best hope is Amor uses his contacts to find a Segunda Division player we have never heard of but who will fit into the team and do what we want him to do.
I am Scott
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:54 pm

Our best hope is Amor uses his contacts to find a Segunda Division player we have never heard of but who will fit into the team and do what we want him to do.
I've got far more faith in Amor's connections than those players being bothered performing in an "inferior" league like ours.
Time to Djbate!
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:05 pm

I've got far more faith in Amor's connections than those players being bothered performing in an "inferior" league like ours.
There is that as well.
I am Scott
Capac

Postby Capac Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:27 pm

It depends on how much the management is willing to splash for our next marquee. They've been tight in the past but have talked a bit more about spending money the last year or so.

It also leaves a conundrum, do we go for a winger with a cheaper striker option or a forward as marquee with our current squad filling in the gaps.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”