Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

salmonfc
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby salmonfc Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:35 pm

Have any of the rumours he's started NOT been bullshit?
we da best
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:19 pm

Is Riley Woodcock a left sided player we could look at? Not sure he is good enough but he is coming off contract at Sydney. He would be back up left back which stops having to play players like Malik, Elsey or Goodwin at left back.
Personally I'd rather see AU promote players in their youth squad over signing kids who can't get a game at other HAL sides. At least the players in the AU's youth sides are being brought thru the system learning how the HAL side plays.
i think handicapped with griffin's foolish decision to pull out of the NPL when the decision was reversed it was too late and now all our talent is too young.
Except for the players called up to the HAL squad...
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:56 pm

Forgotten Socceroo Rhys Williams says the example of long-term friend Shane Lowry has given him confidence that an A-League move is right for his career.
Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/roo- ... gTYcmqx.99

It would be a gamble. But IMO he'd be worth a punt from AU. Massive fan of his.
Time to Djbate!
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:15 pm

Forgotten Socceroo Rhys Williams says the example of long-term friend Shane Lowry has given him confidence that an A-League move is right for his career.
Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/roo- ... gTYcmqx.99

It would be a gamble. But IMO he'd be worth a punt from AU. Massive fan of his.
If we do lose McGowan, I'd like to see this happen. Medical staff and physios in the A-League should be a lot better than medical staff and in the Championship. Not to mention Kisnorbo tore his Achilles twice, along with several other injuries, playing for Leeds, came to City and is doing very well.
we da best
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:51 am

Medical staff and physios in the A-League should be a lot better than medical staff and in the Championship.
Erm... why ?
bundibundi

Postby bundibundi Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:04 pm

Medical staff and physios in the A-League should be a lot better than medical staff and in the Championship.
Erm... why ?
Australia is supposedly renowned for having some of the best sports scientists, doctors and physios in the world.

Who knows if its true, but it's also a lot easier to get injured in freezing conditions on a muddy bog compared to our warmer temps.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:17 pm

Erm... why ?
Australia is supposedly renowned for having some of the best sports scientists, doctors and physios in the world.

Who knows if its true, but it's also a lot easier to get injured in freezing conditions on a muddy bog compared to our warmer temps.
I'd expect that the colder conditions make certain injuries more likely than Australia but playing in the heat on rock hard pitches would make other injuries more likely.
Australia would have a decent level of sport medical staff but I'm not sure how much access HAL clubs have to the best in the business?
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:24 pm

If anything aussie conditions are worse with hard pitches in regard to soft tissue injuries.

The advantage we have is that players are only generally expected to play one game a week so over use injuries are less likely to happen and the player has accumilated fatigue.

Sure australia is well known for its expertise in sports science but it does not mean our best stay in australia nor does it mean we have the best recovery facilities.
does anyone remember when keenan snapped his leg and was forced to wait until the following monay to receive treatment because of a contractual agreement with a particular service provider? Poor guy was just given morphine for 2 days....hardly ideal
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:20 pm

It is easier to run on harder ground. When the ground is softer it does not provide the resistance needed to push off efficiently so it is more tiring running on softer ground.
I would have thought that hard ground makes it easier on soft tissue but a lot harder on joints, but I might be totally wrong.
I am Scott
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:32 pm

It is easier to run on harder ground. When the ground is softer it does not provide the resistance needed to push off efficiently so it is more tiring running on softer ground.
I would have thought that hard ground makes it easier on soft tissue but a lot harder on joints, but I might be totally wrong.
Most athletes bodies have accomodated to a standard winters pitch, the hard aussie pitches are a shock to most foreigners bodies until they have adapted.

Pointing out specific aspects as a direct issue is a little simplistic but the lack of workload here really helps guys like carussca stay fit
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:23 am

Val says goodwin is about to sign a deal in holland.

I wonder if there was anything extra to jamo being in the crowd at hindmarsh. Left sided player who can push elrich back to his natural rb position. Would be a sorta kinda goodwin replacement if we can replace duganzic.

Obviously jamo is under contract but that means nothing these days.
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:53 am

I do feel like this year is the last year of our "championship window" before we'll need to rebuild. Losing the top end players like Carrusca are much easier to replace IMO than those local boys that have been performing on much more modest wages.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:39 pm

Val linking kamau to city. Please no.

He is a player we need to keep
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:52 pm

I do feel like this year is the last year of our "championship window" before we'll need to rebuild. Losing the top end players like Carrusca are much easier to replace IMO than those local boys that have been performing on much more modest wages.
I feel AU have been pretty lucky with Goodwin, McGowan, Elsey and Jeggo/Mauk stepping up. They have all certainly take the next step in their careers who knows where the club would be if they didn't. I wonder if AU will be as lucky next season if the ones that can move on? I agree if they do move on next season will be a serious re-building year as there is little in the way of experienced kids to replace them. Unless there are some decent signings a few kids are going to have to sink or swim.
I agree losing someone like Carrusca isn't a massive concern. My worry is that with the boom of Asian money on offer to Australian players. Quality Australian footballers are IMO a seriously overvalued commodity. Which makes life tough for a league where 85% of a salary capped league needs to be compiled by them. To think someone like McGowan could quite easily be offered a contract that's 20 times what he's probably earning at AU is a little scary.
Time to Djbate!
EdDog

Postby EdDog Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:58 pm

Happy for Goody to go to another level in Holland.

Don't like players transferring to other A-League clubs though. We need Kamau to step up next season.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”