Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Futbol_Crazy21
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:09 pm

Amor- spanish amore-italian amour-french love-english
Bless the latin speaking romans for making linguistics relatively easy.

I dont understand the pessimism.

We have gombaus mentor now in charge who last year was working side by side gombau. Literally the only thing that is going to change is gombaus sideline charisma. It is the most seamless transitions ever.

We are one pacey winger from having a good claim to the prem so hopefully the pissantry in fans will hold out and give the club some support.

For me it all rides down to how the players relate to Guillermo. Gombau was able to get the best out of players, whether that was the belief he showed in them or the way he spoke to them, I don't know. Something we really can't know at this point.
But if he can get the players to believe in him as they did Josep, nothing will change and we'll should do just as well if not better than we would with Josep.
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:15 pm

Apparently we have one more attacker that we are trying to sign.

We have let go watson mabil cassio la flecha and boogers and only added la rocca and Babalj and mells

there could be some room for troisi, bozanic or vidosic...........but will prob end up with dugandzic lol
Vidosic would be a great addition, I'm sure he'd love to help make the transition of his favourite A-League club from one coach to another run as smoothly as possible :D
we da best
Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:18 pm

We have let go watson mabil cassio la flecha and boogers and only added la rocca and Babalj and mells

there could be some room for troisi, bozanic or vidosic...........but will prob end up with dugandzic lol
Vidosic would be a great addition, I'm sure he'd love to help make the transition of his favourite A-League club from one coach to another run as smoothly as possible :D
Plus its been said quite a lot that he is a Barca fan. Maybe Guillermo can sweeten the deal with a signed Barca shirt from guys like himself and Pep, maybe even a phone call from Pep himself, let Viddy fan girl a bit :P
Scott
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Osama Malik

Postby Scott Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:24 pm

Plus its been said quite a lot that he is a Barca fan. Maybe Guillermo can sweeten the deal with a signed Barca shirt from guys like himself and Pep, maybe even a phone call from Pep himself, let Viddy fan girl a bit :P
If Vidosic is that stupid then I don't want him at the club
salmonfc

Postby salmonfc Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:31 pm

:boogie:

Also, I'm disappointed by the pessimism I've seen regarding the club's upcoming season. Postecoglou handed the reins to Muscat, a man with no coaching experience, after he instilled his philosophy and after a shaky first season (which ended in a 4th place finish, so not too shabby) he coached them to a double.

Gombau has instilled his philosophy and has now handed the reins to Amor, someone with a playing CV that shits all over Muscat's and knows what it takes to win a trophy. 15/16 might not be a trophy winning season, but I doubt it'll be as gloomy as some of the Facebook fuckwits are suggesting.

Regardless, the fans should get behind Amor and have faith in him.
we da best
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:47 pm

We are doomed for next season.

It will take at least a season to get over the loss of Gombau.

I will be surprised if we challenge the top of the table.

Babalj has big question marks over him with so little play in recent seasons and Djite is hopeless. We lack quality in the final third apart from Cirio and Carrusca when he is not injured. Goodwin is good too but he will be on the bench. The right wing looks weak, Pablo Sanchez is not really a winger, Kamau show promise but is not Mabil let alone Ferreria.

La Rocca is a thug and lacks the quality of Boogaard, as does McGowan. Either of them will struggle and Malik should be good but has lots of injuries as well.

New coach, lack of quality forwards, weakened defense, how can we possibly be any good?

And we need to spread the weakened team over the ACL, FFA cup and A-league. And the players are not happy with the club over the pay dispute.

We are more likely to be WSW rather than Melbourne Victory.
I was so depressed after reading your post I rang The Samaritans - their crisis line is 13 52 47 should you feel the need.
salmonfc

Postby salmonfc Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:03 pm

Speaking of the Love Connection, Thomas is starting for the youth team.
we da best
Capac

Postby Capac Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:02 pm

I'm confident that Amor is going to be able to get some good stuff going as coach, apparently he was the driver behind the tactical change we took into last season. When he came over he saw and pointed out a weakness other teams had/strength we had which is why Gombau ended changing things so we used the wings a bit more.

The major thing i could see is that Josep seemed to have a good rappport with the players, which is hopefully something Amor will have as well.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:36 pm

I don't doubt Amor's technical ability, my biggest concern is his English. Some may rubbish this, but communication is one of the biggest factors in group unity IMO. Gombau was a great communicator.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:37 pm

I'm confident that Amor is going to be able to get some good stuff going as coach, apparently he was the driver behind the tactical change we took into last season. When he came over he saw and pointed out a weakness other teams had/strength we had which is why Gombau ended changing things so we used the wings a bit more.

The major thing i could see is that Josep seemed to have a good rappport with the players, which is hopefully something Amor will have as well.
Amor did mention he will put his own finishing touches to our style which will be interesting and probably very subtle differences.

Although it will be hard to tell what amor has changed and what was a natural progression of tactics with new players. For example having 2 centre backs who are good with the ball ( malik and la rocca) could change the way we play out slightly.

Fortunetly amor is not an egomanic like almost every other manager at this club so hooefully he can keep the players onside although this may be something that become a respinsibility of valkanis.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:39 pm

I don't doubt Amor's technical ability, my biggest concern is his English. Some may rubbish this, but communication is one of the biggest factors in group unity IMO. Gombau was a great communicator.
Amor speaks good english, i think when he front the media he just prefers to not risk saying a word out of context.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
salmonfc

Postby salmonfc Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:45 pm

Someone's a Real fan.
we da best
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:46 pm

Amor speaks good english, i think when he front the media he just prefers to not risk saying a word out of context.
That's good to hear. Seems like a good bloke. Hopefully immune to the Adelaide Pissantry.
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:08 pm

Like what Adam (OSAussies) said on Twitter, is that what we had with Josep is a good man manager, maybe not the best coach, but he was very good keeping morale and the belief amongst the squad.

With Guillermo, we have a tactician, the "brains" behind the team. I wouldn't be so surprised if he defers to Pau for a lot of man management issues, but his knowledge of the game shouldn't be underestimated.

The only worry I have is like what happened with Vidosic Snr and Brisbane Roar a few seasons back.
Scott
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Osama Malik

Postby Scott Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:10 pm

Someone's a Real fan.
Absolutely not, I do not have a team in the La Liga at all. However if a player is swayed because of signed shirt from any team then they are idiots. The fact you used Barcalona as the team was rather irrelevant to my point.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”