Who's signed for next season

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Who's signed for next season

Postby shinAUFC Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:52 am

I actually reckon there must have been other things at play here. If Gomby was truly happy with the club then he would have stuck it out. No training ground, no money to spend must have contributed.

Is it a coincidence that AU was the place where such a passionate and charismatic coach lost his desire to coach professional football?
I wouldnt read much into it. If there were other things going on its likely marti and amor would have walked out the door with him.

In regards to babalj, if its only a loan move then we have absolutely no obligation to be concerned with his development.

He either performs or he gets no game time and we could negotiate an early return
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:54 am

I actually reckon there must have been other things at play here. If Gomby was truly happy with the club then he would have stuck it out. No training ground, no money to spend must have contributed.

Is it a coincidence that AU was the place where such a passionate and charismatic coach lost his desire to coach professional football?
I wouldnt read much into it. If there were other things going on its likely marti and amor would have walked out the door with him.

In regards to babalj, if its only a loan move then we have absolutely no obligation to be concerned with his development.

He either performs or he gets no game time and we could negotiate an early return
Agree with both points here.
Josep is getting a pay rise to live in New York City. I'd be concerned with his mental state if he turned it down!
Time to Djbate!
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:59 am

Is there a reason we're not taking the reasons for Josep's departure on face value?

I don't know him that well but he's always come across as a genuine and highly principled person and I can't see Griffin and co being so cooperative without a better reason than "more money, live in New York City".

Hope everything works out for him.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:34 am

Is there a reason we're not taking the reasons for Josep's departure on face value?

I don't know him that well but he's always come across as a genuine and highly principled person and I can't see Griffin and co being so cooperative without a better reason than "more money, live in New York City".

When josep wined and dined me ( he never called me back :( lmao ) he spoke about how hard it was for his young family and being away from his parents who are elderly. His wife found it hard to find things to do as spanish culture would see families out late most nights of the week, here there is nothing.

If gombau was money driven he would have stayed in the emirates but he mentioned there was no passon there for the game from the people around him which is why he went to kitchee united.

both guillermo and josep were 2 of the most humble and sincere people ive met. Based on what i know about Josep he will be leaving adelaide with a heavy heart.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Old Gregg
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:43 am

He has always made it clear that United was a stepping stone in his career development, not a final destination.

When I met him he basically said the same as what he told Shin: he loves Adelaide but will always do what's best for his family. I think his wife may have felt a bit isolated here (small Spanish-speaking community, looking after young kids, husband constantly travelling all over the country, not so much social life). There's football and there's life, certainly couldn't begrudge them a move like this.

Anyway, after hearing a bit more about Billy Love's credentials and history I'm actually pretty excited about the upcoming season!

Onward & upward
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:50 am

Yep I agree on both points. To me taking an academy job again is a step back career-wise and a family driven decision. Best of luck to him.

On Amor, I really hope he plays Thomas Love so I can get the #loveConnection hashtag going :lol:
Jumbinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hugene

Postby Jumbinho Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:55 am

I may be mistaken, but wasn't their second child born right around the time Josep took the job here. I'd imagine it would be especially difficult being tens of thousands of kms away from the rest of your family with a newborn as well.

I don't doubt that Josep is genuine, just given the weight of history its hard not to think that our owners are completely blameless.
Scott
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Osama Malik

Postby Scott Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:59 pm

We are doomed for next season.

It will take at least a season to get over the loss of Gombau.

I will be surprised if we challenge the top of the table.

Babalj has big question marks over him with so little play in recent seasons and Djite is hopeless. We lack quality in the final third apart from Cirio and Carrusca when he is not injured. Goodwin is good too but he will be on the bench. The right wing looks weak, Pablo Sanchez is not really a winger, Kamau show promise but is not Mabil let alone Ferreria.

La Rocca is a thug and lacks the quality of Boogaard, as does McGowan. Either of them will struggle and Malik should be good but has lots of injuries as well.

New coach, lack of quality forwards, weakened defense, how can we possibly be any good?

And we need to spread the weakened team over the ACL, FFA cup and A-league. And the players are not happy with the club over the pay dispute.

We are more likely to be WSW rather than Melbourne Victory.
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:27 pm

We are doomed for next season.

It will take at least a season to get over the loss of Gombau.

I will be surprised if we challenge the top of the table.

Babalj has big question marks over him with so little play in recent seasons and Djite is hopeless. We lack quality in the final third apart from Cirio and Carrusca when he is not injured. Goodwin is good too but he will be on the bench. The right wing looks weak, Pablo Sanchez is not really a winger, Kamau show promise but is not Mabil let alone Ferreria.

La Rocca is a thug and lacks the quality of Boogaard, as does McGowan. Either of them will struggle and Malik should be good but has lots of injuries as well.

New coach, lack of quality forwards, weakened defense, how can we possibly be any good?

And we need to spread the weakened team over the ACL, FFA cup and A-league. And the players are not happy with the club over the pay dispute.

We are more likely to be WSW rather than Melbourne Victory.
I wouldn't be so pessimistic.

Chances are Adelaide won't be competing for the title, but they should still finish top four. Even if Babalj doesn't score 10+ goals, he's still serving as competition for Djite and actually getting him to raise his game and prove he's the right man for Adelaide, which he didn't feel pressured enough to do last season as he was pretty much the only striker at the club.

Adelaide might take some time to get back to their best, but I have faith in "Billy Love". He has a lot of experience in the art of winning trophies and should be able to pass on his knowledge to the players and make sure that in the future, they don't drop off like they did at the end of 14/15 when they could've and probably should've won the plate.
we da best
Scott
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Osama Malik

Postby Scott Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:30 pm

Who is Billy Love?
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:38 pm

Who is Billy Love?
Someone in another thread said it's the Anglo version of
Guillermo Amor.
we da best
Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:39 pm

Who is Billy Love?
Courtesy of google translate. Guillermo Amor = William Love
Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:44 pm

Tbh at the start of the day when Val mentioned the rumour, I was expecting Griffin to come out saying he is not allowed to leave, must honour the contract etc etc. But Gombau would have gotten them sold on Guillermo. I mean he was Joseps mentor, he has a higher pedigree than him etc etc. The board would feel comfortable letting Gombau leave to focus on his family when they know that a like for like replacement is coming in.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:51 pm

Amor- spanish amore-italian amour-french love-english
Bless the latin speaking romans for making linguistics relatively easy.

I dont understand the pessimism.

We have gombaus mentor now in charge who last year was working side by side gombau. Literally the only thing that is going to change is gombaus sideline charisma. It is the most seamless transitions ever.

We are one pacey winger from having a good claim to the prem so hopefully the pissantry in fans will hold out and give the club some support.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:06 pm

Apparently we have one more attacker that we are trying to sign.

We have let go watson mabil cassio la flecha and boogers and only added la rocca and Babalj and mells

there could be some room for troisi, bozanic or vidosic...........but will prob end up with dugandzic lol

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”