Transcript : Coaches

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

redmum
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Anything not involving pedophiles ;)

Transcript : Coaches

Postby redmum Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:29 pm

The Kosmina/Valkanis Issue : The coaching issue with John Kosmina, I’ve touched on that, but I will simply say this..yes, there was a maligned person in the process…he’s here. Michael got badgered in national media. Michael Valkanis had never spoken to us, so the furfy that was put out there that the club had entered into an arrangement with Michael about a two year contract to replace John Kosmina is fanciful. How do I know? Because I’ve been in every meeting in the club. It’s never been arranged, and never will be, until the end of this year if Michael sees his way clear to apply for the Adelaide United coaches job next year going forward. The appointment process goes this way, the board has elected to invite some people from outside the club, because there was greater expertise there. We needed help with this process, to sort out the wheat from the chaff in the first place. So I think the calibre of the people that you’ve seen and have been mentioned on the panel, they’re charged with sourcing a coach. He might be here. Michaels got the best chance of anyone, because he’s got 7 auditions plus finals to audition. The panel is charged with sourcing only the final picks, they will not make a coaching appointment, the board still has to make that, and if I was an owner, I’d be wanting to sit there and make that decision as well. So Michael’s position as a coach going forward…I don’t want to put any pressure on him because his focus is on games this year. Who in the room, whether we know it or not, opportunity is touching us on the shoulder…go and look at the A League ladder when you get home, and tell me we shouldn’t dream. We have to, because that’s why you’re in this sport. But that will be the process, and in terms of John, I’m not going into all the ins and outs, John is a person who has been in the sport a long time, he’s highly regarded by the club, it’s unfortunate the way it’s panned out, I can assure you that the club wasn’t aware of it, there was no pressure, there had never been a discussion about anybody else, and it’s just not a topic that we’re going to go into.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”