Transcript: Media

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

redmum
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Anything not involving pedophiles ;)

Transcript: Media

Postby redmum Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:12 pm

Media : One of the enormous challenges we face is this, that the very best the media throughout Australia is heavily billed by NRL and AFL, and they are fiercely defensive of their territory, and so they should be. And in this town, we all would have heard of a football club called the Crows, and a little lesser club called the Power, and we get saturated by it. I think it all starts and we watch practise matches and over the next couple of weeks there’s the NAB Cups and so forth. So the media here has to be won over slowly and surely. I think we get a terrific amount of exposure for our code here in Adelaide, we get the Premier League, we get our own code…Victory are on a roll at the moment, but if you went to Sydney, short of Del Piero, they really struggle for publicity there. We might not like all the things that Val and Jai and Richard write, but at least they are writing about us. As somebody once said about publicity, the worst thing about it is when they stop writing about you, then you’ve got real concerns. So, I think the media, they give us a whack from time to time, but sometimes you deserve it. You know, I think being here as a (I’m not going to say new consortium now, because it’s not where we’re at), there’s going to be mistakes made, but you have to learn very quickly in this world or they’re going to cost you very dearly. Media? They’re going to be here whether we like them or not, so we work with them, and we work sensibly with them.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”