Evan K

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Max Power
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Robert 20 Goals Younis

Evan K

Postby Max Power Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:05 pm

Time for the youth league I feel.

He is so soft at the ball. Multiple times last night he didn't apply any pressure when turning the ball over, his first touch was awful and he drifted in and out of the game.

The one that stands out in my mind was when Coe had the ball played back to him and Koustopolous didn't even run back and pressure him, he just casually jogged back and allowed the scum to play the ball out from the back with no pressure. There are many more example of this in the previous weeks.

Send him away for a spell please.
Adam
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Re: Evan K

Postby Adam Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:36 pm

Agreed, he should have been sent back to the youth league weeks ago to be honest! Shame Ferreira is still some weeks away ... maybe try Bowles at RM next week?
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:45 pm

Agree with the sentiments, not consistent not up to standard.
What ever happened to Jacob Melling?
First team walk up last season... now seems to have fallen of the planet
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:52 pm

Melling was given the whole season to develop with the Youth team. This is pretty good vision in my opinion, I'm unsure why it wasn't applied to Kosto as well. Not to discredit Evan though, I'm sure he has a put in a lot of hard work to get where he is.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:56 pm

Agreed, he should have been sent back to the youth league weeks ago to be honest! Shame Ferreira is still some weeks away ... maybe try Bowles at RM next week?
Agreed... Bowles looked lively when he came on and has always shown a bit going forward from RB but has been found wanting defensively.

Now that we have McKain playing like a colossus at CDM Malik can hold down RB and Bowles can have some freedom to express himself without the same level of defensive responsibility.

Kosta and Watto should be warming the bench.
flavze

Postby flavze Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:59 pm

i think you are being overly harsh on Evan, imo generally he doesn't turn the ball over cheaply, harasses the opposition well and has real pride in the shirt he's wearing. Sure he's not the finished product yet but i think he's well worth a match day team selection.

Just watching the replay now and he layed on a sweet ball for Vidosic that he really should have put away.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:16 pm

By far our worst player on Friday. He simply isn't up to HAL standard.

If Ferriera doesn't push him straight to the bench when he's back fit, then obviously Mr V is blind too.

I guess the rumour about his Dad being mates with the AU coaching staff are true??

No other reason I can think of him being anywhere near to our team.
Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:46 pm

What I am hoping is that he is just a late bloomer. Who knows maybe if he gains a bit of muscle and a good pre-season he might have a positive impact next year. So don't write him off just yet.
Interloper

Postby Interloper Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:59 pm

His lack of pressing last night was clearly under coaches orders. the wingers and fullbacks did not get forward nearly as often in general last night in order to stop Victory's use of the wings.

I assume whenever Kostopoulos had one of his common brainfreezes he defaulted to dropping back into a defensive position. Though it's still disappointing he can't make the decision by himself.

I think what he and Ramsay need the most is someone to teach them to drop their shoulders and go past/around/through a player. Neither are too slow or too weak, but they always end up halted by the mere presence of a defender.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:19 pm

Have to admit though, he does play for the shirt and does respect the local crowd.

But just isnt good enough sadly
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
ADEL-GOONERS
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Sergi maybe Slory
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Rolling along by a mile

Postby ADEL-GOONERS Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:18 pm

Have to admit though, he does play for the shirt and does respect the local crowd.

But just isnt good enough sadly
im not sure if he is not good enough , maybe needs a bit more time , but after the small camio that bowls had in the midfield , i would like to see him start there next week, i thought he was very composed when he came on and did a good job. considering the way the game was going and the noise the crowd was making i thought he did really well
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:23 pm

This. Hoping Bowles gets a start on the wing to see if he can do that over a full match... Kosto could be much more effective off the bench
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Agostinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:04 pm

See I don't rate Bowles. I don't rate Evan either really, but he's growing on me.
#WeAreUnited
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:34 pm

I was hoping he would do something with the limited time he was playing striker yesterday but sadly he was quiet there as well.
He has potential that is clear we have seen signs of it, but much like a number of other young players with potential that come on to the scene in the HAL they never get past the stage of being a young player with potential. Sarkies, Nicolls and Minnicon sort of player.
Hopefully Evan takes the next step. I think with a bit more time playing in the striker roll will see whether he'll take that step or not.
Time to Djbate!
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:06 am

He's started an inordinate number of games for very, very little return. It's outrageous that he is a guaranteed starter yet he is consistently our worst player.

I just don't get it.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”