Security for PissTards

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Security for PissTards

Postby Stuckey Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:23 am

Security to ensure Adelaide United and Melbourne Victory don't clash at Hindmarsh

FOOTBALL Federation Australia will use an undercover security team to ensure Adelaide United and Melbourne Victory fans do not clash at Hindmarsh on Friday night.

Victory and Melbourne Heart fans trashed Etihad Stadium at the weekend forcing the FFA to enlist Australian consultancy firm, Hatamoto, for this week's game in Adelaide.

Adelaide chief executive Glenn Elliott said the Reds would be part of a teleconference with Victory and Hatamoto and would also liaise with SAPOL about controlling the 14,000-plus crowd.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/foo ... 6570364109

Such a scary sounding headline! Makes you think this will surely be scenes after the match!

But the rest of the article very positive quoting Glenn Elliot as saying:
The club is in regular contact with the supporter groups and we are not expecting anything other than the great support they have shown recently," Elliott said.

"They should be congratulated for their efforts to spur the team last Sunday against Western Sydney - we would encourage other fans to join them in showing the same support. We will be contacting them again during the week."
Which is fanastic and shows they are learning and listen (well at least they say they are!) I'm not exactly sure how regular these meetings with fans are but at least they are happening and we are working together. I really hope this is a positive step forward and we see as little trouble as well saw last PissTards match and far less reports of aggressive security.
Time to Djbate!
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Re: Security for PissTards

Postby sevengoals Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:06 am

Do they do this down there when Melbourne play Essendon?
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
andyj
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassio

Postby andyj Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:27 am

or when Collingwood play anyone!?

I had not heard that the club had been in contact with anyone from AS, has anyone here?
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:51 am

Hatamoto? Seriously? That just irks me off. They're not a security firm at all, rather a counter-terrorist organisation. I also don't think they have the license to operate at Hindmarsh.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
DeadAlive

Postby DeadAlive Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:50 am

Hatamoto? Seriously? That just irks me off. They're not a security firm at all, rather a counter-terrorist organisation. I also don't think they have the license to operate at Hindmarsh.
They are a consultancy firm.
What is likely happening is the FFA are using them for risk assessment management and strategy on how to deal with you big bad outrageous hooligans. :lol:
The undercover security will likely just be weslos in plain clothes and ear pieces connected to their radios that you can spot a mile away. They have had plain clothes security walking around at Hindmarsh in the past and at AAMI.
Just look for an ear piece.
You can differentiate them from plain clothes police because the police actually look the part, plus the police have this unnatural bulge on their lower back from their radios. :)
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:45 pm

Both active areas seem to have their games faces on atm. So I'm hoping both ends have an emphasis behaviour for this match.

Assisting weslo with any dangerous behaviour could even help build a better relationship between the two ?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:46 pm

Both active areas seem to have their games faces on atm. So I'm hoping both ends have an emphasis behaviour for this match.

Assisting weslo with any dangerous behaviour could even help build a better relationship between the two ?
I agree I really hope the crowd makes a massive effort to be on their best behaviour. The only way these idiotic articles will stop is it there is nothing for them to report for a while.

Also:

lol Good on you McKain!

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/ade ... tory/60134

Reporter: What do you say to fans would come along and cause trouble at these games?
McKain: Look come along, make noise, make it intimidating for them, but we have biase media in this country so we shouldn't give them any ammunition.

Funny no one ran with that quote!
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:56 pm

So apparently we socka fans 'trash' a stadium its terrible

When AFL fans do it they are 'letting off steam' and its all something to chuckle about apparently?
Unbelieveable biase!
Time to Djbate!
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:35 pm

What a beat up. Just shows how biase the media are of this sport when an AFL crowd can invade the pitch and burn the goal posts and the media have a laugh about it.....football fans throw a flare and its world war 3!
anyone remember the cricket riot between aus and england when the fans had a full on riot and that is played back and looked on as passion! so sick of australian media.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:16 am

Also:

lol Good on you McKain!

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/ade ... tory/60134

Reporter: What do you say to fans would come along and cause trouble at these games?
McKain: Look come along, make noise, make it intimidating for them, but we have biase media in this country so we shouldn't give them any ammunition.

Funny no one ran with that quote!
Well said McKain.

And I loved the way his eyes lit up at the mention of Flores.

Bring it on!
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:54 am

Good video.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:28 pm

Yeah absolute top bloke McKain. The fire in his eyes was great to see when Flore$ was mentioned (they didn't even play together lol????)

Really feel bad for all the grief he copped during Rini's reign. He's a true professional to stick it out.
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:17 am

just saw the news where a senior police officer said, "for some reason people who go to soccer act stupid". says it all really, the attitude of police towards the football community.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:29 am

just saw the news where a senior police officer said, "for some reason people who go to soccer act stupid". says it all really, the attitude of police towards the football community.
He has got a point though. For some reason the PissTards game just attracts these numbskulls who care more about starting on the Tards fans then the outcome of the game. I encourage any fan who knows of these people to route them out and make sure they don't tarnish our game and our club.
Time to Djbate!
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:19 am

Pretty frustrating that 15-20 people can make 12,000 look bad.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”