Next season's coach search begins

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Next season's coach search begins

Postby EdDog Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:23 pm

Absolute farce if this is true.

No results, no direction, no experience, yet a minimum 2 year term.

Club and this committee must be blind.

Hopefully Val is just dreaming.
Interloper

Postby Interloper Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:32 pm

Also, wtf is a 'minor round'?
Not a minor round. Just "minor round". The sentence is barely English.
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:11 pm

So far I am not convinced but with the drama the club has been going through over the last two years I am not surprised that the team is mentally fragile and finds itself lacking identity and character.
Only within a stable work environment can the players be expected to develop and meld.

If giving MiVa, a two year contract brings in some sort of stability from which a new team identity can be forged then fair enough but we have to bite the bullet, deflate our expectations and get back to the basics of playing good simple football, re-engaging with the community and redefining what it means to be Adelaide United.

But on the other hand I feel a sense of Déjà vu here and Kosmina and his parting words keep flashing in my head...

(And no mention of Stubbins...)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
spaceCowboy

Postby spaceCowboy Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:48 am

If giving MiVa, a two year contract brings in some sort of stability from which a new team identity can be forged then fair enough but we have to bite the bullet, deflate our expectations and get back to the basics of playing good simple football, re-engaging with the community and redefining what it means to be Adelaide United.
Spot on!

I dont think Micky V's results have been good enough for a contract IMO, his football hasn't been great either. So unless he has a master long term plan for the club, we are basically going for the cheapest option here. He will probably lose his job mid next season anyway. Hope he proves me wrong.
We are UNITED, after all....
ganas
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: CASSIOOOOOOOOOOOO

Postby ganas Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:37 pm

thats exactly why i dont want to see him given the contract. im scared that the club will sign him and say with a full pre-season under his belt he will be able to properly implement his philosophy. if it doesn't work i see him getting the boot like rini and then we are back to square 1
EdDog

Postby EdDog Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:51 pm

I just wish it looked like we had some sort of game plan. WSW have one, CCM have one, BRI have one, MV have one.

We just seem to be a team thrown together who have no common purpose. All they know is that they need to get the ball in the back of the net but have no direction how to do so.
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:42 pm

Neos Kosmos thinks it's a done thing...

http://neoskosmos.com/news/en/Valkanis- ... permanetly
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:02 pm

Neos Kosmos thinks it's a done thing...

http://neoskosmos.com/news/en/Valkanis- ... permanetly
Considering they spelt permanently wrong I'm not so sure on the credibility of that article 8)

I feel all these stories are just pure speculation. No one has heard from the committee or at least quoted anyone. I really can't see Craig Foster being anywhere close to happy with the way we are being coached considering his thorough break down for the socceroos game Tuesday.
Especially considering not one other name has been mentioned at all I feel the committee itself are really the only ones aware of the direction they will take.
Time to Djbate!
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:04 am

One of several issues I would have with Micky being appointed is that Kosmina's words and suspicions at the time of his resignation (true or not) would become truth.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:33 am

Exactly.

This whole panel would become merely a ploy to make it look like all coaches were considered when all along, V would get the gig.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:56 pm

I dont care who gets the job.

As long as they have a long term plan and the board UNDERSTAND what is trying to be achieved.

Also a criteria of selection needs to be about implementing the clubs own playing identity on the pitch again.

Adelaide United coaching gig is a bit of a plum job IMO, quality star players with some exciting youth on the verge of breaking through.

Stubbins has to be the clear choice though, he understands the city, the club, the league and the fans
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
sevengoals

Postby sevengoals Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:54 pm

Maybe we are in for a surprise.
Vidosic, according to Adelaide officials, was denied a chance to become an assistant to Valkanis when John Kosmina quit the club in January because Roar would not release him from his current contract, which ends in 2015.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/foo ... 6608706225

No Roots, No Growth!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:04 pm

But the Reds board is tipped to ratify the coaching decision without consulting the coaching selection committee's football experts.

The panel includes Adelaide owner Bruno Marveggio, Socceroos Craig Foster, Alex Tobin and John Perin and Port Adelaide fitness manager Darren Burgess.
This better not be true, WTF is the point then??

IMO rado is an asset to any team. Taking the reins at a tired Brisbane Roar was probably the wrong choice as the success of previous seasons was never going to be replicated as the club got closer to needing a rebuild of its list.

He is also an advocate of actually PLAYING football and not just hoofing up the field and if Dario does not get any offers in europe he will be more likely to stay here .

TBH id be happy even if he was head coach, but assistant would also be fine
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:29 pm

But the Reds board is tipped to ratify the coaching decision without consulting the coaching selection committee's football experts.

The panel includes Adelaide owner Bruno Marveggio, Socceroos Craig Foster, Alex Tobin and John Perin and Port Adelaide fitness manager Darren Burgess.
This better not be true, WTF is the point then??

IMO rado is an asset to any team. Taking the reins at a tired Brisbane Roar was probably the wrong choice as the success of previous seasons was never going to be replicated as the club got closer to needing a rebuild of its list.

He is also an advocate of actually PLAYING football and not just hoofing up the field and if Dario does not get any offers in europe he will be more likely to stay here .

TBH id be happy even if he was head coach, but assistant would also be fine
I think this part of the reason Rado is interested in the gig, and part of the reason AU are interested in him. It's a way of keeping Dario here.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
Max Power
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Robert 20 Goals Younis

Postby Max Power Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:00 pm

Anyone but Valkanis at this stage for me. Besides the MV game what has the team shown? Nothing.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”