Kosmina quits Adelaide United

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

ChillyPhilly
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Re: Kosmina quits Adelaide United

Postby ChillyPhilly Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:48 pm

Angry at Kossie, angry at the club. All I want some stability at the club and I feel it will never happen.

Last time I felt this way was last time Kossie got sacked. Nothing to do with Kossie himself but just felt the club was a shambles.

Since then we've had some highs and lows so I have no doubt things can change again but it will probably be a fleeting bi-polar moment. Just going to have to take a step back from things for a while (as I did back in 2007). Will probably still go to games, as I love the sport but need to watch it through different eyes.
Try being an active supporter on top of all this drama :lol:
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:07 am

Fall out between Kosmina and Valkanis after the 3-1 defeat on the weekend and
..."We had organised an internal meeting on Monday morning to say guys let us pull this all together, don't listen to innuendo. I told Kossie no-one else had been spoken to about the head coach role," said Griffin.

"He has been spooked by fictitious media reports and scurrilous comments. It is the perils of social media."
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/foo ... 6563323453

O woes is me! "The perils of social media..."

Cue violin music

Valkanis, "Reds to look ahead".
http://video.adelaidenow.com.au/2329649 ... =endslate2
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:22 am

shambles, the whole thing.
Management is tops atm....
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:43 am

Angry at Kossie, angry at the club. All I want some stability at the club and I feel it will never happen.

Last time I felt this way was last time Kossie got sacked. Nothing to do with Kossie himself but just felt the club was a shambles.

Since then we've had some highs and lows so I have no doubt things can change again but it will probably be a fleeting bi-polar moment. Just going to have to take a step back from things for a while (as I did back in 2007). Will probably still go to games, as I love the sport but need to watch it through different eyes.
Try being an active supporter on top of all this drama :lol:
Ha yeah, I did think about that. If I've been what you call a passive supporter I don't know what I'd be now :P
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:49 am

John Kosmina’s sensational resignation from Adelaide United must act as a massive wake-up call for those who run the club.
http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/01/29/in ... not-trust/

Imploding.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:16 am

John Kosmina’s sensational resignation from Adelaide United must act as a massive wake-up call for those who run the club.
http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/01/29/in ... not-trust/

Imploding.
This is a big moment for the owners. How they deal with this IMO will define their reign at AU.
Best case scenario is they put their hands up and admit there is far more that can be done here as far as offering the club enough resources to grow. Much of the issues fans have with the club is what Kossie's problem was too. The club's financial model is survival. I don't see how you're supposed to grow when you can barely keep your head above water.
Time to Djbate!
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:29 am

I totally agree with what Claw said earlier this thread re Kossie.

My biggest concern is Griffin last night boasting that 21 of the 23 playing spots are filled, like this management has a history of good football decisions :bang:

So a new coach is inheriting a squad and has to make it work? Jeez, how could that possibly go wrong..?

And if its Valkanis we may as well turn out the lights and go home tbh. Nothing personal, but the irony of a club accused of having 'no vision' giving the job to the assistant manager with no actual experience is a bit too much for my head
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:56 am

The line that has stuck out for me is that, "The players lost confidence in Kossie after the 6-1 loss".
Yes Kossies tactics were'nt the best, but they (the players) were the ones on the park and could have had enough pride in at least their own performance if not the clubs to have lifted their game.
What are they a bunch of under 10 primary school players.

I've complained all season about our mental toughness, maybe Kossie finally saw that and reckoned he was better out of it that being around a bunch of over rated, overpaid clowns.

Usually when situations like this happen the team usually plays better (at least) for the first game under the new manager..... lets see what happens Saturday.
ganas
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: CASSIOOOOOOOOOOOO

Postby ganas Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:01 pm

as bad as this sounds, i kind of want us to fail miserably now that kossie is gone so that valkanis has as little of a chance of securing the top job long term
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:57 pm

The more things change the more things stay the same.

I always chuckle when Val goes "me?" :lol:
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:31 pm

Ive just realised there is something missing from this whole debacle.

That is David Vutouple ( or how ever you spell it ) harping on about there being something very rotten in the club.

People who were around at the start of WATR's or even earlier during the Adelaidereds forum will know exactly what im talking about lol
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Dstyle
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: That new guy...

Postby Dstyle Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:20 pm

Hi All,

First time poster – long time silent reader.
With lots to say about this club, and I never know where to start, so I will start on this one. Apologies that is a ranting editorial. Wont always be like this! :D
I think it best for the club, that Kossie has gone, too old school. Shame it is just after we lose 2 possible first XI players 2 weeks before!

Anyhow, in regards to our owners, I think that their heart is in the right place, however, are struggling with the concept of managing a ‘soccer club’ instead of an ‘AFL’ one. I have a bit of nerdy interest in a range of sports, and like to analyse things deeply.

AFL clubs are largely based on (stereotypical Aussie blue collar traits) trust, loyalty, being laid back and blokeyness. Keep working hard, and things will work out in the end, and any problems, well, just get over it, keep it to yourself and move on. Also, the fact that there aren’t many other options to go to, so you stay where you are and deal with what you are dealt. Contracts will be sorted at the end of the season, no need to rush things. I believe that this is where our current owners are stuck.

There are of course parts of the above that are in a ‘soccer club’, however, management needs to act quicker. There is plenty of global competition for what you have. If you don’t secure it, or use/care for it(players) properly, then you lose it. Coupled with the more emotional European/South American personalities that are less laid back, that are involved. They are missing badly in the people management side of things here in MANY aspects, obviously in both players/coach and fans! It is about understanding cultures of the codes, and communication is big in soccer, and quite frankly, is the single most important thing that is affecting this great club at the moment.

Apologies to those who will be offended that I called it soccer. Apologies also for the length of it all. Thanks for your time.

COYR.
#GombauGreat
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:47 pm

call it what you want:)

great first post and cannot disagree with you at all.

hope you continue posting:D
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:26 pm

Hi All,

First time poster – long time silent reader.
With lots to say about this club, and I never know where to start, so I will start on this one. Apologies that is a ranting editorial. Wont always be like this! :D
I think it best for the club, that Kossie has gone, too old school. Shame it is just after we lose 2 possible first XI players 2 weeks before!

Anyhow, in regards to our owners, I think that their heart is in the right place, however, are struggling with the concept of managing a ‘soccer club’ instead of an ‘AFL’ one. I have a bit of nerdy interest in a range of sports, and like to analyse things deeply.

AFL clubs are largely based on (stereotypical Aussie blue collar traits) trust, loyalty, being laid back and blokeyness. Keep working hard, and things will work out in the end, and any problems, well, just get over it, keep it to yourself and move on. Also, the fact that there aren’t many other options to go to, so you stay where you are and deal with what you are dealt. Contracts will be sorted at the end of the season, no need to rush things. I believe that this is where our current owners are stuck.

There are of course parts of the above that are in a ‘soccer club’, however, management needs to act quicker. There is plenty of global competition for what you have. If you don’t secure it, or use/care for it(players) properly, then you lose it. Coupled with the more emotional European/South American personalities that are less laid back, that are involved. They are missing badly in the people management side of things here in MANY aspects, obviously in both players/coach and fans! It is about understanding cultures of the codes, and communication is big in soccer, and quite frankly, is the single most important thing that is affecting this great club at the moment.

Apologies to those who will be offended that I called it soccer. Apologies also for the length of it all. Thanks for your time.

COYR.

People management and communication are two big things that these owners fail at. Countless times I have heard Griffen say, "we assumed". If you are not 100% sure with anything, then go farken ask! You put a DoF in place, use him ffs! He said he wants to take a hands off approach, thats fine, in fact I'd prefer that because you have no clue about football. In saying that, it does not mean you should be out of the loop, the board should be in contact with Petrillo every couple to a few days. Even if the board don't quite understand every decision the Football Department make (like the SVD situation) it stops any "whispering" as Kossie put it.

and Dystle hopefully you keep posting, the club don't really like to listen to the supporters, so this is one of the few place you can voice your concerns or opinions on things and get people talking about it.
CoolenCleanser
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Dexter Rosales

Postby CoolenCleanser Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:37 pm

Greg Griffin on 5AA now.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”