AUFC v Perth

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

AUFC v Perth

Postby Stuckey Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:33 am

MARCELO Carrusca is likely to miss Adelaide United's home clash against Perth on Friday night after tearing an adductor in the Reds' scoreless draw with Newcastle on Saturday.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/foo ... 6548539664

Bugger! Perth were a tough assignment last time at home so maybe forcing Kossie to go with a more defensive line up with either Barbs or Zen coming in will be a good thing.
Unless he keeps pretending Barbs and Zen can play a number 10 role as well as Chelo.

........Euge-ious
Bowles..Fyfe..Boogs..Cassio
...........Watson
...........Zen
..........Dario
Ferreria............Rambo
...........Bruce

Izzo
Kosto
Malik
Jero
Time to Djbate!
EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: AUFC v Perth

Postby EdDog Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:46 am

We have the depth to cover him. I think when something like this happens - don't go with the two number 10's as we don't have the players. Barbs as Zen are CDM and Kossie is kidding himself if he thinks otherwise.

Go back to the 4-2-3-1 for this game to sure up the midfield.
KvP

Postby KvP Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:26 am

Disappointing news, but I agree with Stucky, we have the depth to cover him to Keep calm and carry on.
Any coach, Any players, training on the moon, United 'til I die!

I worship the Truncated icosahedron :)
ganas
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: CASSIOOOOOOOOOOOO

Postby ganas Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:02 pm

bring in jeronimo as a number 10 next to vido with bruce upfront.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:04 pm

bring in jeronimo as a number 10 next to vido with bruce upfront.
this
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:13 pm

Simple. Play Jeronimo in that role. I've been saying it all along, Jero is best in a midfield role.

I've put more emphasis on the midfield with this one. Rather than have Dario or Ramsay as wingers, I've put them more as 'right and left midfield'.

Subs:
Izzo
Kosto
Ferreira (if recovered)
Watson
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
ganas
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: CASSIOOOOOOOOOOOO

Postby ganas Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:22 pm

i think we all agree that bruce is a great holder of the ball. at the moment it seems that when he holds the ball up, his most common used option is to the wing when our players cant cross.
why not have bruce holding the ball for jero who has pace, running through with one-two's and setting up for shots on goal. i think they would work well together!

thats my technical opinion :D
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:25 pm

i think we all agree that bruce is a great holder of the ball. at the moment it seems that when he holds the ball up, his most common used option is to the wing when our players cant cross.
why not have bruce holding the ball for jero who has pace, running through with one-two's and setting up for shots on goal. i think they would work well together!

thats my technical opinion :D
That in a nutshell is what Jero should be used for. He's too isolated as a lone striker. Get him to play off Bruce, and he'll have a whole stack of shots per match.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:28 pm

We know we have the depth and the skill but do we have the mental toughness and dedication to not let another opportunity go by.

We have seen in the last month or so some pretty poor performance and some pitiful tactical decisions
that have cost us points, goals and confidence. We have been willing to settle for draws, or have had teams on toast and not killed them off and on at least 2 occasions it seemed like the team did not even bother to turn up. (the bodies were on the park but the heads were elsewhere.)

CCM are now 4 points ahead, that will now be hard to peg back. And worse, Offside Goal, sorry Melbourne Victory (I don't know why I always get those 2 mixed up!) are just a game behind us.

What worries me is that we are willing to limp aimlessly toward the finals and then go out in straight sets and claim it as a great victory, we were bottom last year and this year we finished 5th---wow!

Don't resign Kossie till the end of the season, make acondition for a contract at least one trophy and ACL quailification.

As for Friday night, I have no idea, it does'nt seem to matter who is in the squad, you just don't know who will turn up and how they are feeling.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:44 pm

Simple. Play Jeronimo in that role. I've been saying it all along, Jero is best in a midfield role.

I've put more emphasis on the midfield with this one. Rather than have Dario or Ramsay as wingers, I've put them more as 'right and left midfield'.

Subs:
Izzo
Kosto
Ferreira (if recovered)
Watson
Jeronimo could play a similar role to what we had flores doing, often pushing up as a second striker playing of a big guy but also putting some service into runs out wide.

Ive always thought dario would have a bigger impact playing out wide being able to run at defenders and making it harder for teams to throw 2 defenders at him.

or would it be such a bad thing trying dario upfront next to bruce as a 2nd striker, we have the depth to come him in the mid but that extra touch of class in the final third may just pay dividends

The beauty id that there are so many options we just dont know what the line up will be
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:15 pm

We know we have the depth and the skill but do we have the mental toughness and dedication to not let another opportunity go by.

We have seen in the last month or so some pretty poor performance and some pitiful tactical decisions
that have cost us points, goals and confidence. We have been willing to settle for draws, or have had teams on toast and not killed them off and on at least 2 occasions it seemed like the team did not even bother to turn up. (the bodies were on the park but the heads were elsewhere.)

CCM are now 4 points ahead, that will now be hard to peg back. And worse, Offside Goal, sorry Melbourne Victory (I don't know why I always get those 2 mixed up!) are just a game behind us.

What worries me is that we are willing to limp aimlessly toward the finals and then go out in straight sets and claim it as a great victory, we were bottom last year and this year we finished 5th---wow!

Don't resign Kossie till the end of the season, make acondition for a contract at least one trophy and ACL quailification.

As for Friday night, I have no idea, it does'nt seem to matter who is in the squad, you just don't know who will turn up and how they are feeling.

I think ccm still have a battle to remain onto.

even though Rogic and Ryan have had deals fall through the transfer window is not over and losing these 2 boys could hurt their chances.

though ccm have proven they are still the best team even without rogic
EdDog

Postby EdDog Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:19 pm

I can understand where lufcmike is coming from - our form the past 5 games is the worst out of any of the top 5 teams.

We did a similar thing in Rini's first season. Lead the table for a bit, then were slowly pegged back after a mid-season decline and finished 3rd and went out in the semis to GC.

To me, CCM and WSW are better than us purely because of the drive and desire that they have. For some reason AU don't seem hungry.
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:05 pm

and with the new finals format if we dont come top two we could be out of finals action straight away with our form of hot and cold. we have to win this game
EdDog

Postby EdDog Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:59 pm

What's the new finals format?
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:23 pm

3 weekends of finals

1st weekend- Elims