Adelaide United - General Issues and Discussion

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Adelaide United - General Issues and Discussion

Postby shinAUFC Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:08 pm

Izzo blackwood garuccio all in u23s apparently there is a 3 player cap per club

Noticing sydney fc dont have a sinhle player selected
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:47 pm

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 2229b9086f

Yikes!

At this rate i cant see the clubs and ffa getting on with each other beyond this season
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:14 pm

I'm not sure what's more ridiculous, a national team side that can't pick the players they want with this 3 player cap. Or the FFA thinking clubs would be fine with them taking players for such a longer period.
The FFA is almost actively working on destroying player development with this lame attempt to help it.
Why would clubs look at pushing young players to develop when right in the middle of the season when the kids are hitting their strides the FFA takes them away from that for a tournament that means nothing.
Time to Djbate!
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:21 pm

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 2229b9086f

Yikes!

At this rate i cant see the clubs and ffa getting on with each other beyond this season

And they said "us wogs" were killing the game.

What a joke.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
bpowell454
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:49 pm

Interesting. I'd like to see what happens if these 15 players all come down with minor injuries at the start of the olyroos camp but miraculously recover in time to be selected by their clubs on the weekend? I think I've seen it done before but it would be interesting if all 15 players did it. Could the FFA force players to visit an FFA approved doctor and get a sick certificate to miss national duty lol
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:53 pm

Interesting. I'd like to see what happens if these 15 players all come down with minor injuries at the start of the olyroos camp but miraculously recover in time to be selected by their clubs on the weekend? I think I've seen it done before but it would be interesting if all 15 players did it. Could the FFA force players to visit an FFA approved doctor and get a sick certificate to miss national duty lol
I have no doubt some clubs will try that.
Yet another dumb situation that would probably be avoided if there was more clubs taking part in the HAL.
Time to Djbate!
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:55 pm

I'm not sure what's more ridiculous, a national team side that can't pick the players they want with this 3 player cap. Or the FFA thinking clubs would be fine with them taking players for such a longer period.
The FFA is almost actively working on destroying player development with this lame attempt to help it.
Why would clubs look at pushing young players to develop when right in the middle of the season when the kids are hitting their strides the FFA takes them away from that for a tournament that means nothing.
The AFC under 23 championships should mean something, I don't understand why you say it is a meaningless tournament. If the team wins it then they are champions of Asia. I think the 3 player limit per team is bullshit. They should be able to pick 10 players from a team if they belong in the squad. Postpone games if needed.
I am Scott
Ghost

Postby Ghost Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:56 pm

Congratulations to Izzo, Blackwood and Garuccio, it is brilliant to see them make the squad.
I am Scott
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:06 pm

The AFC under 23 championships should mean something, I don't understand why you say it is a meaningless tournament. If the team wins it then they are champions of Asia. I think the 3 player limit per team is bullshit. They should be able to pick 10 players from a team if they belong in the squad. Postpone games if needed.
My mistake I read the article and was tricked into thinking this tournament didn't matter.
Yes obviously the U23 championships is important. Although my confidence in how we'll go isn't high.
This situation just highlights the sad state of affairs the game is in.
Obviously taking the best 15-20 young players from any league for a few weeks is tough, but for a league with only 10 teams its a far bigger loss.
Time to Djbate!
Ghost

Postby Ghost Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:37 pm

Who from Sydney's squad do you feel should have been should have been selected?
I am Scott
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:26 pm

Sorry but under 23s is not important.

These guys are much better served playing first 11 football for 5 weeks rather than playing in a tournament that wont even make a blurb in the back of the sports section.

There have been many occasions where players have asked not to be selected for a roos squad so they can settle into a new club environment and this is widely accepted. Why is this not any different.

Riley mcgree has lost potential interest due to his u23 commitments at a time when he just wants to play football.

There is a very real chance ben garuccio will not be in the first team given the rise of strain.

Blackwood is fighting for with baba for first team starting spot and realistically could be will some good form.

Those 3 players are being harmed by being selected, U23s is about development not hindering.
Ghost

Postby Ghost Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:30 pm

If it really is unimportant then we should not be playing in the tournament. Sending a weak team is just stupid.
I am Scott
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:15 am

Sorry but under 23s is not important.

These guys are much better served playing first 11 football for 5 weeks rather than playing in a tournament that wont even make a blurb in the back of the sports section.

There have been many occasions where players have asked not to be selected for a roos squad so they can settle into a new club environment and this is widely accepted. Why is this not any different.

Riley mcgree has lost potential interest due to his u23 commitments at a time when he just wants to play football.

There is a very real chance ben garuccio will not be in the first team given the rise of strain.

Blackwood is fighting for with baba for first team starting spot and realistically could be will some good form.

Those 3 players are being harmed by being selected, U23s is about development not hindering.
I agree, although this situation isn't unique for the hindrance it offers players. All players going to this tournament will be in the same boat. Although if some of these players set the tournament alight there is the chance that scout will be watching and a big transfer is on the cards. Which is probably Griff's big concern as knowing AU all the AU players probably have weak as contracts again and could leave the club for next to nothing.
I guess it's up to those players and whether they feel being included/or not will hinder their chances of going to the Olympics so obviously that raises the issue of why players ineligible would choose to take part? Although if someone offered me a free trip to China to play football I'd do it!

The biggest issue here is that as mentioned this highlights further how weak the HAL roster system is. Take 3-4 players out of a starting 11 and you'll more than likely see that club struggle. Coupled with the fact there is only 10 clubs means the entire league is in the same boat except for Sydney who have seemingly worked out that these tournaments exist so signing an older squad is sadly of an advantage.
Time to Djbate!
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:59 am

So the clubs have got together and are showing just how much respect they would give national team squads if they were running the A-League. The sooner FIFA express their support for the FFA against the clubs the better.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:53 am

Apparently we don't have an AFC club licence which is bizarre since all the other HAL clubs have one bar Wellington. There were 10 clubs based in Australia that applied for one. I don't know how to post tweets so here's the link.

https://twitter.com/WestSydney/status/9 ... 3453257728

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”