Adelaide United - General Issues and Discussion

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Adelaide United - General Issues and Discussion

Postby shinAUFC Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:23 am

WATR's official enquiry ? Haha i like it
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Old Gregg
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:44 am

Club song.

Suggestions:

The Pogues - South Australia.

Various versions of this; it could easily be sung by a group of people, great fun. Even remove the music for added affect.
Fuck YES. I have always thought this should be our club song. Love the Pogues but there are so many different versions. This is my fave I reckon:

It's a simple sea shanty so would suit a football crowd perfectly. If anyone could get the North End or the South End singing this it would be epic - very simple for the rest of the crowd to join in as well with the response.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:01 pm

That's the thing about this one - it can potentially double as a chant!

GA pointed to a vocal only version as his pick.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
ChillyPhilly

Postby ChillyPhilly Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:03 pm

A few of us forumers will be joining a handful of other AU supporters tomorrow night to discuss most current issues surrounding the club. If it goes well enough, I'd like to suggest a proper WATR meet-up one night!

Here are our four main areas of discussion. Eleven of us will be there in total, feel free to add your own points or ideas:

1. The protests and everything about them.
2. Fans' Forum.
3. Active support and stadium issues (both groups).
4. General AU issues and how we can help.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:31 pm

Maybe the member committee, financial membership and that kind of thing.

I am very keen for a WATR meet up - hopefully we can organise one soon!
sall123

Postby sall123 Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:20 pm

Off topic, my crystal ball predicts "Either Adelaide or Melbourne Victory will win the minor premiership" and it will be once again a "Adelaide v Melbourne grand final".
Last edited by sall123 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:27 pm

sall123 I don't think I can handle another MV v AU final. The regular season games are stressful enough!!!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:34 pm

sall123 I don't think I can handle another MV v AU final. The regular season games are stressful enough!!!
100% , not sure if i could even watch such a match in all honesty
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
ChillyPhilly

Postby ChillyPhilly Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:11 am

Major actions, ideas, points, etc. from tonight. Everyone please read, everything is important.

(I've copy and pasted and slightly edited from what I sent straight to the South End FB group, but here it all is.)

- The group we had tonight was a balanced group made up of people from each part of the stadium, of different ages, backgrounds, relationships with the club, experiences and expertise. Tonight was brilliant, so we'll follow it up soon. We have the potential to be a highly influential group.

- As a group we discussed many, many things for hours to be condensed into a concise letter to the club, mainly about the point below. Once Emmanuel (who writes letters for a living basically) types it up - hopefully tonight or tomorrow - we'll read it and agree to it as signatories. This letter will also be an open letter, and we'll publicise it everywhere - WATR, FN, RT page, etc. If the club gives nothing, we'll take it to the next level and hit 442 and so forth, again. It'll also be sent to Kosmina, who isn't afraid to speak his mind and point out what's wrong.

- AU need an open, public fan forum, where anyone can attend. It's expected that the letter will SURELY get Griffin and Co. to pull their finger out; ideally we're hoping to hear from the club by the next home game. If nothing after that match, we'll be protesting again during the MV match - and they'll help us too.

- As we know the Entertainment Centre now operates Hindmarsh. That's it. They don't own it, didn't buy it. Just in charge of the operation and running etc. We had the idea of getting them to be smart and use the Entertainment Centre carpark on matchdays.

- On that note, it makes certain active support progress slightly trickier, but we're thinking to open talks with the AEC and educate them positively whenever we can so they can hit the ground running after taking control next season.

- Shane put forward many ideas for us as a group. Schultzy, Ollie and myself all agreed with what he came up with. He recommended standing out front of the Joiners Arms door with a money tin to raise money for tifos and generally build up some cash - more tifos, bus trips eventually, etc. I had a chat with him after everyone left, and we agreed it'd be piss easy to make MINIMUM $100 a game. It'll grow more and more too - we did some basic maths and using this method (along with a few other ideas) we can make $1500-2000 a season. Easy.

- He went on to say that he'll be disappointed if we don't get this going next game. It really is easy and when you see how packed the Joiners is on game day, you'll believe me.

- He also said it'd be easy to 'become' the 'bigger' group (the impression of being so). What we've started with the Western Stand is something that will not just get better, but should be built on. Using the tifo money, he said, we can make flags and hand them out to wave in the western stand and in the tier behind us. Then with more money, we make more, hand them over to the bay next to us, more to the west. Then we make pullovers, one for the tier behind us, one for the one next to us, etc. That's all it takes. He also recommended getting the eastern stand involved.

- It'd be obvious now, but we want a Supporter's Charter, like MV. We looked at that in detail and hopefully the Fan's Forum can be a step in the right direction to getting the ball rolling with that.

- We talked about the Adelaide United Members Club and how that hasn't taken off or what it should be. We discussed using that eventually as a front to represent all AU supporters to the club as it would put more pressure on them to answer our wants and needs, rather than going to pointless meeting after pointless meeting with overworked club employees.

- Importantly, we talked about changing mentality within supporter groups. This is no longer group vs. group, it's 'us AND our club'. But tbh, and we all agreed, we need to do the same - it will help our cause with the club a LOT.

These are the main points. I'm sure there are some smaller things I've missed, they'll come to me. Hope you enjoyed!
EdDog

Postby EdDog Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:59 am

All sounds fantastic and very exciting.

Any way others can get involved in such things as I'm very interested to help out.
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:13 am

All sounds fantastic and very exciting.

Any way others can get involved in such things as I'm very interested to help out.
Yes, well at least from my point of view - the more fans involved the better.Pressure groups work because they represent numbers.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
double07
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cirio

Postby double07 Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:40 am

Nice work... I'd certainly be happy to chip in some cash for tifo etc. as long as the books are open and we can see where the money is going etc.
ChillyPhilly

Postby ChillyPhilly Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:57 am

Here's a little something CCM are about to do:

http://m.442.com.au/News/Article.aspx?CIID=329242
ChillyPhilly

Postby ChillyPhilly Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:53 pm

Hate to spam this thread, but the South End now have a public group on FB. The club won't market us...yet (being optimistic with that word), so the least we can do is promote ourselves.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/285618904897281/
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:12 am

Love the ideas! I hope with the money you guys raise maybe you could put aside some to begin with to put towards fund raising. Start with a tin, then move towards sausage sizzles and hopefully we can work towards things like supporter wear (scarves and t-shirts mainly)
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”