Adelaide United - General Issues and Discussion

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Adelaide United - General Issues and Discussion

Postby EdDog Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:16 am

I'm so jelly of WSW. Did you see their active support area last night? Wow.
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:05 pm

One thought I have as far as active support goes. Why doesn't the AUMC set up a acvite support group of their own. Make it the official AUFC active supports group. Have a capo elected by the financial members to lead cheers and represent the group. If the RA or RT want to be part of the group thats fine just like if me and two mates want to create our own group we can but its all under the AUMC banner and all seated in one area.
Hence if you are an active supporter you sit in that area. If you don't agree or don't want to thats fine sit somewhere else in the ground and support your club in your own way.
That does make a lot of sense, however you are dealing with egos in the Red Army the size of Hindmarsh. The team comes second to these people.

Just get rid of the 'active areas'. Let people come and go as they please.
Thats why taking it out of their hands might be a good thing. But removing the active areas won't work.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:16 pm

After reading the statement from the club it makes me wonder if i should stop busting my ass to get to 7pm matches after work and just go watch it at home.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:33 pm

After reading the statement from the club it makes me wonder if i should stop busting my ass to get to 7pm matches after work and just go watch it at home.
It is very deflating! But obviously the club is right to some degree. If weslo kicked 10 people out a match I would hazard at a guess that over half of them were doing some sort of wrong and deserved it. Its just the stories of people getting kicked out for stepping over a row of seats and so on that we all get annoyed over but clearly the club isn't listening to us at all. If they just bothered to put in the piece that they have taken on fans concerns and brought this to Weslo's attention a decent amount of us would have been satisfied.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:53 pm

Yes but going by their statement they made out as if we were protesting due to trouble makers being thrown out . This is just not the case.

And the club know this
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:55 pm

Thats true.
Time to Djbate!
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:18 pm

Club statement avoided addressing any issues, just a nothing statement to say, we can't be bothered investigating or changing anything so don't ask us again.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:32 pm

Club statement avoided addressing any issues, just a nothing statement to say, we can't be bothered investigating or changing anything so don't ask us again.
This stems back to my theory that;
1. They can't do much as they aren't in control
2. They aren't willing to do much as they want control and think making the current management look incompetent should assist them in that venture.

So maybe if we offer a protest we do it towards the management of the ground and not to AUFC at all. As protesting about Police brutality gets you no where if you complain to the fire department.
Time to Djbate!
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:47 pm

It's just a shame the way they handled it. They could of issued a statement saying that they would pass on concerns to stadium management. It would still have been a fob off but they've pretty much said that our concerns are not theirs and all fans should abide by regulations, Which isn't the issue.
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:10 pm

i challenge some of the owners to come to the active areas and see how they suddenly are treated without the respect they command everywhere else
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:22 pm

i challenge some of the owners to come to the active areas and see how they suddenly are treated without the respect they command everywhere else
Why would they do that? The only way to get this message across is to either contact the club directly or wait till the financial members meeting and address the club with a thought out question with proof of weslo kicking fans out for little reason. Just complaining looks like we're helping the trouble makers that are reported about so heavily.
Obvious AU are aware that the issue is small but to not take a tough stance with trouble makers is to almost encourage them and when you're trying to welcome families to Hindmarsh thats the last thing AU need.
Time to Djbate!
Interloper

Postby Interloper Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:41 am

So maybe if we offer a protest we do it towards the management of the ground.
I believe the management of the ground is ultimately answerable to the state government. As I said in the other similar thread, getting the issue to cross the desks of those in parliament would skip self-interested middlemen completely.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:46 am

I believe the management of the ground is ultimately answerable to the state government. As I said in the other similar thread, getting the issue to cross the desks of those in parliament would skip self-interested middlemen completely.
Which I feel is why AUFC are remaining relatively in the shadows on this one. Sit back while Rome burns and swoop in to collect their prize when the smoke clears. The SA Government stadium review is in April, so for next season. Maybe this is just something we need to grin and bare as we walk down the path of the greater good?
Surely AUFC managing the stadium will be a good thing as far as cutting that middleman. Giving them more control over their destiny. In theory you'd think fans getting booted out for unnecessary things on their watch would be an issue, as thats money someone could be spending at the bar!
Time to Djbate!
Interloper

Postby Interloper Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:27 am

Which I feel is why AUFC are remaining relatively in the shadows on this one. Sit back while Rome burns and swoop in to collect their prize when the smoke clears. The SA Government stadium review is in April, so for next season. Maybe this is just something we need to grin and bare as we walk down the path of the greater good?
Surely AUFC managing the stadium will be a good thing as far as cutting that middleman. Giving them more control over their destiny. In theory you'd think fans getting booted out for unnecessary things on their watch would be an issue, as thats money someone could be spending at the bar!
Theres no guarantee any stadium review will be favourable and I'm pretty sure bar revenue goes to stadium management.

My point was that this is a political non-issue for the government and they want it to stay that way. Any number of man-hours of effort expended is too much, and I would suspect that if it rises above zero a phonecall from a minister's staffer to the office of recreation and sport asking "Why the hell am I hearing about this bloody stadium?" would be fairly swift in coming.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:31 am

Which is exactly my point. If the government feel running Hindmarsh is too much trouble and effort maybe they will just out of purely laziness hand management over to AU. All revenue still goes to the Government but then AU will be in control of decisions regarding how the ground is then run. But obviously they will still have to pay rent set as well.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”