Adelaide United - General Issues and Discussion

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

otto62
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Re: Adelaide United - General Issues and Discussion

Postby otto62 Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:06 am

Reflecting back on my experience at the Sydney game after settling down … my biggest annoyance of the night surprisingly wasn’t the score.

I was sat in the eastern stand - up the northern end, because I wanted to be hearing the Red Army rather than the Sydney mob. I grabbed the aisle seat as usual. Some young blokes were put off by the enclosure that was roped off for the Armed Forces, so I said come and sit in my row.

As the game gets underway it’s clear they usually sit over in the north stand (or wish they did). They were very vocal. I was very happy.
However, the next 20 minutes (yes, a full 20 minutes) there was a constant stream of young blokes up and down the aisle and every one of them stopped right in front of me, blocking my view while they had a full two minute conversation with the young bloke two seats along from me - about drinking or meeting up after or how they got to the ground or hey I didn’t know you were here or come sit with us or “we’re off to the toilets” (nudge nudge) or “we’re back from the toilets” (whiffing of smoke).

When the eighth bloke stopped and started his conversation (he too had stopped to inform his mate he was off for a p*ss) … i said can you &@#$ stop standing in front of my view, we’re at a @#$& football match … to which he responded (while continuing to block my view) “I’m just going for a p*ss!”

I just got up and moved to the southern end of the stand. All I could hear was the Sydney mob, but at least it was better than the sh*t I’d been listening to.
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:18 am

Reflecting back on my experience at the Sydney game after settling down … my biggest annoyance of the night surprisingly wasn’t the score.

I was sat in the eastern stand - up the northern end, because I wanted to be hearing the Red Army rather than the Sydney mob. I grabbed the aisle seat as usual. Some young blokes were put off by the enclosure that was roped off for the Armed Forces, so I said come and sit in my row.

As the game gets underway it’s clear they usually sit over in the north stand (or wish they did). They were very vocal. I was very happy.
However, the next 20 minutes (yes, a full 20 minutes) there was a constant stream of young blokes up and down the aisle and every one of them stopped right in front of me, blocking my view while they had a full two minute conversation with the young bloke two seats along from me - about drinking or meeting up after or how they got to the ground or hey I didn’t know you were here or come sit with us or “we’re off to the toilets” (nudge nudge) or “we’re back from the toilets” (whiffing of smoke).

When the eighth bloke stopped and started his conversation (he too had stopped to inform his mate he was off for a p*ss) … i said can you &@#$ stop standing in front of my view, we’re at a @#$& football match … to which he responded (while continuing to block my view) “I’m just going for a p*ss!”

I just got up and moved to the southern end of the stand. All I could hear was the Sydney mob, but at least it was better than the sh*t I’d been listening to.

That sucks Otto.
I'd also be pissed off.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
otto62
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:18 pm

That sucks Otto.
I'd also be pissed off.

B)
We’ll, I can smile about it now. Just getting grumpier as I get older.
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:08 am

That sucks Otto.
I'd also be pissed off.

B)
We’ll, I can smile about it now. Just getting grumpier as I get older.
You're not alone there. :D

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”