Adelaide United - General Issues and Discussion

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

AndyJebiga
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Judicial

Re: Adelaide United - General Issues and Discussion

Postby AndyJebiga Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:05 pm

I wonder if the interstate developer is Ross Pelligra. Recently bought the Adelaide Giants baseball team from the Adelaide crows and looking to build a $40m private stadium for them to play in. Bought the old Holden site at Elizabeth. Major investor in South Melbourne football club...
That's a really good calculated guess, the pelligra group aren't exactly short of $$$$ and they have dumped alot of money in recent years in south Australia and have a link already to football

The plot thickens
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:02 pm

Not sure how I feel about an interstate owner given how our mantra for the last few years has been to focus on SA talent.

If they have deeper pockets then great but it needs to be the right fit for our club.
I guess the question is has that gained the club anything? I'd say given the recruitment of this season the club is moving away from that mantra anyway.
Personally I've always been keen to see AU focus on the "Barca" mantra of developing as much of the squad as possible then filling the holes the best talent they can.
Time to Djbate!
RedTide
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Postby RedTide Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:36 pm

This may be the wrong thread to post this in - but Crystal Palace just sacked Patrick Viera as their gaffer. Given CV's history with Palace, which he has openly said was his all time favourite club in his own career - what chance do we think that Palace might come knocking for CV's services? It would be a disaster for us if he was tempted away - but who could resist the chance to coach in the EPL?

It's unlikely I know ... but it's not beyond the bounds of possibility.
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".
Woy of the Wovers
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hiroshi

Postby Woy of the Wovers Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:23 pm

This may be the wrong thread to post this in - but Crystal Palace just sacked Patrick Viera as their gaffer. Given CV's history with Palace, which he has openly said was his all time favourite club in his own career - what chance do we think that Palace might come knocking for CV's services? It would be a disaster for us if he was tempted away - but who could resist the chance to coach in the EPL?

It's unlikely I know ... but it's not beyond the bounds of possibility.
Nah. Woy come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RedTide

Postby RedTide Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:37 pm

That's actually an option I hadn't even considered. Is Roy H unemployed at the moment?
Woy of the Wovers

Postby Woy of the Wovers Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:51 pm

That's actually an option I hadn't even considered. Is Roy H unemployed at the moment?
Yes. He went to Watford to keep them up but failed. He’s actually being bandied around as a possible. At 74. Must be some bloke. I’m a Palace supporter and love him. He certainly tightens a team up, but they need to find a way to score and that’s of less interest to him from my observations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
RedTide

Postby RedTide Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:02 pm

Roy Hodgson's teams rarely suffer blowouts, but then they rarely score more than 2 goals per match. Him and Switzerland were a good match in that respect; both dour, defensive, fairly dull.
Woy of the Wovers

Postby Woy of the Wovers Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:00 pm

Woys been appointed at Palace. Ripper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RedTide

Postby RedTide Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:30 am

And thus the wheel of fortune turns ... Roy Hodgson back at Crystal Palace ... and our own CV has just signed a 3 year contract extension. Let's hope that the AUFC old/new owners gave him a decent pay rise. He is the best gaffer in the league.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:07 pm

Carl has been getting better and better each season. Very impressed to see the way he has developed. I have been a critic of his at times, but this is a very deserved extension. Well done Carl
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:18 pm

memberships are out and very good pricing! definitely getting a family interstate membership. $150 for 2 home games and one here in Brisbane! awesome value
EdDog

Postby EdDog Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:26 pm

Ned Morris has claimed the owners have invested $8 million plus since 1 April on and off the park to clear down debt and the club is now debt free for the first time ever.

blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:54 pm

Ned Morris has claimed the owners have invested $8 million plus since 1 April on and off the park to clear down debt and the club is now debt free for the first time ever.
Wow, nice!

Now to lose the Qingdao Lions anchor around our necks.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:19 am

A rundown of the Fan Forum on 5 October (not by me).

At the event, Jarrod Walsh served as the Master of Ceremonies for the evening. Unlike previous events, there were no recordings available.

The first panel, consisting of Jarrod, Ned, and Nathan, highlighted Coopers Stadium as the best in Australia, with plans to continue playing there for the next decade. They mentioned keeping upgrades from the FIFA Women's World Cup, such as grass plugs and benches, but had to adjust the lux of the lights to meet FIFA requirements.

Ned, reflecting on his first 6 months as chair, shared several developments, including new personnel and staffing standards, financial investment resulting in a debt-free club, and improvements in sports tech for both men and women's teams. They also emphasized enhancing the women's game by increasing investment and expanding the back office staff.

The departure of Goodwin to Saudi Arabia was discussed, with the offer being too good to pass up. They confirmed no further signings for the men's team until January and emphasized the focus on youth development.

Ned outlined the club's 3-5 year plan, including building foundations for success, investing in youth, applying fan study suggestions, and improving the game day experience with expert consultants.

Nathan spoke about the 20th anniversary plans, including bringing back past players, a 30-minute documentary, and a member recognition program.

During the Q&A session, topics ranged from building longevity from the Women's World Cup to the 20th-anniversary celebrations and the issue of undisclosed transfer fees in Australia. The reason behind rejecting Goodwin's offer despite significant club investment was explained as an opportunity of a lifetime and concerns about age and injury.

Kitto and Issy joined the second panel. Kitto discussed Goodwin's departure and the potential for increased competition for starting positions. He expressed the desire to win another championship.

They praised the new signing's impact on the team, citing experience from the English Championship and high standards. Issy mentioned excitement for the upcoming season, with goals from various players and good team chemistry, despite her injury.

The third panel featured Carl and Stants. Stants appreciated his full-time role and discussed the disappointment regarding Goodwin's departure. Carl highlighted the youth players' growth and potential, with confidence in Yull's potential as a Socceroo.

They emphasized the youth presence in the squad, even against Melbourne Victory, and hinted at another visa announcement. Carl stated that Nesta's starting 11 would depend on his performance.

They discussed the need for one more visa player and an experienced attacker. Kitto as captain was described as a natural choice due to his resilience and work ethic.

Regarding sports tech, Carl mentioned new staff for injury prevention and load monitoring. They plan to fill Goodwin's position from within, with candidates being Bernardo or Nesta.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:35 pm

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”