Passion Is Not A Crime. It's Football.

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Shane
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby Shane Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:42 am

Passion Is Not A Crime | Our Stance

As football fans, our passion is something that is not seen in any other sporting code in this great country.

Our individual A-League clubs may have their rivalries, however our sporting code is 'one club'.

As active supporters, we promote a healthy, vibrant and passionate rivalry.

A majority of people in this country have a sit-down and shut-up mentality when it comes to watching their team play on the pitch. This has always predominantly been the case within the Australian sporting landscape.

Due to this, when active and vocal support is viewed by the media, it is viewed in a negative light.

Active support is also a 'tifo', or 'backdrop', for the media to point out negatives (arrests or stupidity by individuals) and combine both the active support and individual stupidity as a 'whole' and 'combined' act.

The core issue is the sensationalism of the 'arrests', 'violence', 'hooliganism' and the knee-jerk reaction by the primary news/media agencies in Australia.

The media continuously target football supporters and we have had enough.

The above is what the 'Passion Is Not A Crime' stance is against.

The matter of flares is semi-separate to this.

Regarding flares, one thing we do not condone is the use of flares in an 'uncontrolled' environment. Flares are dangerous, this is fact, however when used in a correct, logical and controlled environment, they can be utilised in a positive light as a backdrop to a choreographic tifo and enhance the stadium atmosphere.

In a controlled environment, this could be seen no different to a fireworks display on Australia day.

To supporter groups whom utilise flares at matches, it is time for you to have sit-down discussions with your club to find a way in which you can approve and utilise flares in a 'controlled environment'.

To those of you whom want to utilise flares pre or post match, please make the effort to speak to your clubs regarding 'controlled' use of flares. If declined, nothing is lost and nothing is gained, however you should be provided with a definitive and logical reasoning as to why this cannot be achieved.

If, after discussions, flares are declined, we ask that you adhere to this request from your respective club.

Some people may disagree with the use of flares altogether, however, please note; Flares are not the primary debate at hand.

To those of you whom support the 'Passion Is Not A Crime' campaign, please share this message far and wide.

As supporters of the same club, ONE CLUB, we need to stand behind our code, we need to stand behind our clubs, and we need to let the media know what we represent and why our game is called 'The Beautiful Game'.

Shano. Red to the core.
blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Re: Passion Is Not A Crime. It's Football.

Postby blahblah Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:19 pm

Nice post. Active support makes the atmosphere we find at football and is crucial to the game-day experience that sets the code apart.

EDIT: to the best of my knowledge the "internationals" have thus far refrained from lighting flares in their lounge rooms whilst watching on-line. The-Claw may be an exception as I am not sure what is considered socially acceptable in Kiev.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:34 pm

Round here I just light the rubbish bins in the street, no one bats an eyelid as it is pretty usual to see a bin on fire :D

Seriously, I don't mind flares. I support making a section where they can be ripped like they do here in Kiev. Creates an amazing sight. Will post some pics sometime.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:46 pm

^^^
:lol:

You two jokers.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
BC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Fyfes beard

Postby BC Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:12 pm

Commentator saying there was a 'Passion is not a crime' banner at the game tonight. Is this an organised fan-based campaign, or just coincidence?
He scores with his left
He scores with his riiight
Marcelo Carrusca makes Flores look shite
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:08 pm

Commentator saying there was a 'Passion is not a crime' banner at the game tonight. Is this an organised fan-based campaign, or just coincidence?
It's semi-organised. In a way it's organised itself.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
Benched

Postby Benched Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:06 am

Guy's, it was reasonably organised. Nearly every club has stated they'd get behind it. Although I must add, and it's interesting to hear your comments in the context of what I'm about to say.

Representatives of fan groups from Melbourne Victory and Adelaide United have made it public they won't support the campaign.

The deal is between the 7th and 10th minute ( ie. the channels) we chant 'Passion is not a crime'.

If you can make a tifo etc, even better.

I know the RBB and the DEN did so tonight.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:14 am

Guy's, it was reasonably organised. Nearly every club has stated they'd get behind it. Although I must add, and it's interesting to hear your comments in the context of what I'm about to say.

Representatives of fan groups from Melbourne Victory and Adelaide United have made it public they won't support the campaign.

The deal is between the 7th and 10th minute ( ie. the channels) we chant 'Passion is not a crime'.

If you can make a tifo etc, even better.

I know the RBB and the DEN did so tonight.
I'm sure the lads in the South End would do it. Keep in mind that Shaun Brennan does NOT speak on behalf of Adelaide United FC, or its supporter base.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
Benched

Postby Benched Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:54 am

Well Shaun Brennan needs a big kick up the bum, because he's alienated you guy's from the rest of the active supporters, along with your best friends, Victory.

You need to ask, why is he being questioned by the media if he doesn't speak for you all.

The RBB briefly went through this, until we ensured the media knew who to speak to.
bundibundi

Postby bundibundi Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:25 am

Shaun Brennan thinks he is gods gift to anything that god would give. Most of us will remember who he is, but... Shaun, pare de ser tão chato e a gente terá alguma forma de respeito pra voce.... vai aprendendo ne?
Max Power
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Robert 20 Goals Younis

Postby Max Power Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:20 am

He sounds like a peanut.

Any danger of just getting rid of him? The Red Army is a joke, something needs to be done.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:27 pm

Well Shaun Brennan needs a big kick up the bum, because he's alienated you guy's from the rest of the active supporters, along with your best friends, Victory.

You need to ask, why is he being questioned by the media if he doesn't speak for you all.

The RBB briefly went through this, until we ensured the media knew who to speak to.
How so? He speaks for the red army, not adelaide united fans
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
ADEL-GOONERS
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Sergi maybe Slory
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Rolling along by a mile

Postby ADEL-GOONERS Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:27 pm

He sounds like a peanut.

Any danger of just getting rid of him? The Red Army is a joke, something needs to be done.
red army has had loads of years to get its shit together , the block 6 mnths look at the difference
ganas
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: CASSIOOOOOOOOOOOO

Postby ganas Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:52 am

#passionisnotacrime was trending on twitter along with #summerfootball

was fairly organised. heard about it in a few different spots. the passion is not a crime was obviously for after the syndey derby and the horrible reporting that followed. and summer football was organised because big bash cricket was claiming to be the sport of summer

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”