Time to bring back Hindmarsh glory days

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Max Power
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Robert 20 Goals Younis

Re: Time to bring back Hindmarsh glory days

Postby Max Power Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:40 am

Red Army last night was a shambles I am afraid to say. The bloke with the mike that was DJ'ing (why?) before the game kept throwing out random songs that no one caught onto.

But when the easy ones came out, COYR, Cassssssio, etc others in the Northen end joined in. I think that is reinforcing my point, simple chants = more participation = more noise = more atmosphere
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:30 am

Yeah there were a lot of people joining in for the "UNITE EDD *clap* *clap* *clap*"

But other than that, active support is horrendous, you can hear each individual member singing which sounds bad, needs to be a chorus of voices.

And yeah that DJing at the Manton st entrance is way too loud and not sure if it does anything for the game tbh. A lot of families walking by wouldn't be into that and I saw some kids covering their ears lol.
Max Power

Postby Max Power Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:06 am

Yeah there were a lot of people joining in for the "UNITE EDD *clap* *clap* *clap*"

But other than that, active support is horrendous, you can hear each individual member singing which sounds bad, needs to be a chorus of voices.

And yeah that DJing at the Manton st entrance is way too loud and not sure if it does anything for the game tbh. A lot of families walking by wouldn't be into that and I saw some kids covering their ears lol.
It is stupid. You can hear him on Port Rd FFS! :bang:
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:20 pm

watching the games on tv...there is no doubt that our active support is by far the worst in the league...and now with crowds well below 10k we have the unenviable tag of smallest support fullstop...melb heart will avg more due to the derby games
Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:25 pm

Some serious promotion needs to be done for our next home game. 3 matches under 10k would be a horrendous start.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:09 pm

We should come up with a few innovative marketing tips and submit them to the club.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
bensy

Postby bensy Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:12 pm

Mr Fruchoc for capo!
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:37 pm

We should come up with a few innovative marketing tips and submit them to the club.
i say we forward the discussion in this thread to the club atleast so they know there is a huge desire to be involved in active support but the awkward drunks are holding people back
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:38 pm

Hopefully the del Piero factor brings a few NYE. I expect a big showing for the Tards games but hard to see where the crowd is going to come from. Beautful day on Saturday and 8.5k -_-
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:35 pm

Same crowd size but better atmosphere than the WSW game. The crowd getting into it through the 2nd half, we'll have no problems if we keep playing like that
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:45 pm

Whats with the DJ at the entrance gates....i get the idea of it but geez is it LOUD!!!!! normally there are many fans around the area but now there is a vast empty space within a 50m of that DJ with people walking as far away from it.....ridiculously loud IMO.

Active support was a joke, i stand at the Pickard end and the group down the vidmar end are far more vocal and better sounding than the the pickard end.

On the up side crowd was better this week with its overall support adn with the results it should get better.

think the active supporters need to take a step back and get back to the basics with easy slow chants to get everyone involved. Keep it simple and let it develop from there
BC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Fyfes beard

Postby BC Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:28 pm

Crowds are easy to lose and difficult to regain. The only antidote is keep winning; everyone wants to attend wins.
He scores with his left
He scores with his riiight
Marcelo Carrusca makes Flores look shite
double07
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cirio

Postby double07 Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:48 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeT6J-CbFS4
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:50 pm

I think as fans we need to do our part too.
I think if everyone one of us does just a few things multiplied it will make a massive diiference.
1. On your phone create a contact list of all your mates the with a bit of bugging would attend matches. Not every match but 3 or 4 is obviously better then none. Send a standard message to all of them the morning of the game "Hey mate going to the United game tonight?" Simple as that and you would be surprised how often you get a response. Its a great excuse to catch up with mates you may not see as often as you'd like also. It also turns out if you don't entirely enjoy their company you're watching football so you don't have to talk to them the whole time!
2. Check in on Facebook, especially if you post a photo showing awesome weather or as I saw with GA you and mates having a beer, laugh and a great time!
3. Share articles on FB or retweet tweets about AU especially the ones with kick off times and dates.
4. Create a positive vibe about AU. Don't hop on FB or twitter and whinge about how bad the game was, how the supporters were too quiet or the owner are running the club into the ground. If we lose look forward to next match, if we win sing and dance about it. If you don't like something the club is doing talk to the club itself.

Thats all I can think of for now. But seriously all that isn't much effort at all.
Time to Djbate!
Max Power

Postby Max Power Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:32 pm

Do any of the guys that are in the 'Red Army' post on here?

That was seriously embarrassing for them on Saturday. Disorganised and no passion besides when we scored. The lads down the South end have the right idea.

What the hell has happened? Top Gun Jimmy leaves and it all falls apart?

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”