Adelaide United V Nagoya Grampus Eight Match day Jamboree!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

spaceCowboy
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Adelaide United V Nagoya Grampus Eight Match day Jambore

Postby spaceCowboy Tue May 29, 2012 11:11 pm

Eugene was huge tonight, Hands down best keeper in the world! (possibly a little bias)

Right place right time he could of made it big. Pretty glad he didnt and is now with us :)
We are UNITED, after all....
Nash
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Postby Nash Wed May 30, 2012 9:51 am

so close to an anxiety attack towards the end of the 2nd half lol. intense! that final free kick, my God! counting our lucky stars.

could of easily been a 5-5 game, so proud of the boys for standing tall and holding them off.

Rambo tryna book a flight to Japan with all his classy flicks towards the end? wouldn't be suprised if a bid was put in for Eug this coming transfer window from somewhere in Asia, but i say hell no! he's ours!
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Wed May 30, 2012 10:14 am

so close to an anxiety attack towards the end of the 2nd half lol. intense! that final free kick, my God! counting our lucky stars.

could of easily been a 5-5 game, so proud of the boys for standing tall and holding them off.

Rambo tryna book a flight to Japan with all his classy flicks towards the end? wouldn't be suprised if a bid was put in for Eug this coming transfer window from somewhere in Asia, but i say hell no! he's ours!
Eugene was in just as good form for the previous 2 acl campaigns including the 2008 run into the final (although he was suspended for the final) , yet he was never picked up by any clubs so i wouldnt be to worried.

Even when he went to the world cup the rumours circulating were imo put out their by his management then anything concrete from overseas clubs
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Wed May 30, 2012 10:20 am

Just reflecting on the game this morning.
Gutsy substitutions late on to bring Evan and Teeboy on. We all thought Pancho would come on to shut down Nagoya through the middle and Gollec to provide so extra defence, speed and hieght.
But it the moves worked (except it was Koustopolus who gave away the free in front of the penalty area late on that gave many of us watching palpitations)

I reckon Bruce got more free kicks last night than in whole of the last HAL season.
We need are striker/ attacking midfielder who can kick with both feet!, we have too many one footed players to be really effective.

Ref was okay fair and balanced and as usual let the game flow, but the linesmen were really sharp those flags were going up at any sign of naughtyness by any player. WHY CAN"T WE HAVE ASIAN REFS IN THE A LEAGUE
Max Power
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Robert 20 Goals Younis

Postby Max Power Wed May 30, 2012 1:11 pm

I think it was a stupid idea to put Teeboy and Koustopolos on, what if they scored!? Extra time!! Then what!?

I am not sure how Evan keeps getting a game? He has done nothing in my eyes.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Wed May 30, 2012 1:11 pm

Kostopoulos also rugby tackled his opponent out on the wing when he first came on. I guess it's hard to tell from such limited game time but all I've ever really seen from him is giving away free kicks.

What a game though, all the boys dug deep. Defensively fantastic, McKain/Boogs have really impressed me lately. Mullen pretty good and Cassio was, well, Cassio. Fyfey did OK (not being much of a ball player), Caravella was buzzing around making things difficult and did very well moving the ball forward, Vidosic was waltzing past players whenever he got the ball - which wasn't that often, we kept going up the left because they gave Ramsay so much space. Bruce did his job well but no idea why Serg is still sitting on the bench.

That win obviously meant a lot to the players, it's great to see the passion back!
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Wed May 30, 2012 4:03 pm

I think it was a stupid idea to put Teeboy and Koustopolos on, what if they scored!? Extra time!! Then what!?

I am not sure how Evan keeps getting a game? He has done nothing in my eyes.
Teeboy was a good sub, he came on and just put pressure on their defense - and they didn't like it, that little scuffle after the game was because of it from what I saw.

Evan did a job, I still don't understand what he did to give away that free kick that hit the post?
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Wed May 30, 2012 7:21 pm

Yeah, from the replay at the ground it seemed that one of their players had just slipped over so not really sure what it was for.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”