Friendly against Birkalla tomorrow night!

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: Friendly against Birkalla tomorrow night!

Postby Stuckey Wed May 23, 2012 8:59 pm

Fulltime AUFC 2 Birkalla 0
Time to Djbate!
BC
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Fyfes beard

Postby BC Thu May 24, 2012 12:33 am

Serge OR Bruce? I'll give you a hint, one of them's black :D
He scores with his left
He scores with his riiight
Marcelo Carrusca makes Flores look shite
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Thu May 24, 2012 8:18 am

lol

I didn't see the second goal, just repeating what I read on twitter, the goal was scored on the opposite end of the clubhouse shelter and it was pouring with rain.

Begin Rant.

I've been to three trials now this last couple of months and I have a massive problem with Caravella, he is constantly putting down and swearing at his teammates for not playing the right pass or not being in a certain position or being called offside. This wouldn't bother me if he was a bit more constructive towards the others, particularly the younger guys rather than just saying "you're fucking useless, wake up for fucks sake!". Also Caravella is definitely not perfect in his passing or positioning, he needs to be more critical of himself if he's going to act like that.

End Rant.
double07
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cirio

Postby double07 Thu May 24, 2012 8:47 am

I've been to three trials now this last couple of months and I have a massive problem with Caravella, he is constantly putting down and swearing at his teammates for not playing the right pass or not being in a certain position or being called offside. This wouldn't bother me if he was a bit more constructive towards the others, particularly the younger guys rather than just saying "you're fucking useless, wake up for fucks sake!". Also Caravella is definitely not perfect in his passing or positioning, he needs to be more critical of himself if he's going to act like that.

End Rant.
Yeah pot. kettle. black. Caravella is one of the most frustrating players to watch. He always wants to take a couple of useless touches, turn left, turn right, foot on the ball, turn left, only to pass it back. All while he could've just taken one touch and played the simple ball out wide or forward. He does it EVERY SINGLE TIME. :bang:
RedRis
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Carrusca

Postby RedRis Thu May 24, 2012 9:52 am

I shot a tiny bit of low quality video on my mobile, I will try and put it up. (no goals unfortunately).
Few things I noticed in second half... a few moments of frustration from Watson when players weren't passing the ball to him, Bruce was very active, pushing DaSilva aside to press the defender at one point. Best bit of skill I saw was from Teeboy, he impresses me more and more each time I see him.
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Thu May 24, 2012 11:02 am

I've often though Caravella has a touch of the Mark Bickleys about him. In his last few seasons, Bicks would take possession, turn away from goal, kill all forward momentum, and then often fail to use the ball well.

This side needs better from a player of his standing.
RedRis
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Carrusca

Postby RedRis Thu May 24, 2012 12:21 pm

This was the best little bit I got on my mobile, of Ramsey's work down the left, in the first half. Sorry didn't get either of the goals.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvZEV5CqqVY
ADEL-GOONERS
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Sergi maybe Slory
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Rolling along by a mile

Postby ADEL-GOONERS Thu May 24, 2012 12:53 pm

i think caravella is trying to be the play maker , dont think he is the awnser , what formation did we play
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Thu May 24, 2012 1:12 pm

We played this in the first half-

Galeckovic
Mullen boogs Golec Cassio
Fyfe
Vidosic Caravella barbiero Ramsay
Van Dijk

There were a couple of really really obvious times last night when Caravella should have played vidosic through but instead turned on the ball and passed back to Boogs. He looked but wouldn't play him in and vidosic was pretty obviously disappointed. Vidosic also wanted to be released up the wing from early balls from Galeckovic but he was only playing short passes.

Speaking of Watson, against white city and I've noticed it in the a-league, he runs the ball into space and then stands there with his arms up and yelling trying to get someone to come to him for a short pass or something and then just gives away possession, no forward thinking, just looking for the quick lay off instead of setting something up.
Irish
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassio
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Twist and Shout

Postby Irish Thu May 24, 2012 4:11 pm

i think caravella is trying to be the play maker , dont think he is the awnser , what formation did we play
Nah, the guy just has the passing vision and workrate of a headless chicken. The kind of touches he takes and work he does is evident of somebody who really doesnt know what he's doing. Mentioned above, in midfield; receives ball - adjusts body to ignore easy pass/quick through ball- turns left - turns right - turns to defense - turns ball over/passes to defense/falls over under soft tackle - receives ball - repeats process :I

One of the most naturally gifted technical footballers in the league IMO, yet sometimes he just looks as though he doesn't have a brain :/ pity

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”