New signing announced tomorrow!

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

bpowell454
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

New signing announced tomorrow!

Postby bpowell454 Mon May 07, 2012 9:46 pm

To be announced tomorrow straight from Kossie on the world game. Not Marcos Flores, "SVD is our foreign marquee and I don't think Marcos would fit into the regular squads budget".
Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Re: New signing announced tomorrow!

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Mon May 07, 2012 9:53 pm

Shame but true. Serg appears he wants to stay and sp does Vidosic, apparently. But as Marcos has said before love and business are two different things, while he does want to come back here, the offer presented to him doesn't suit the business side of things. Shame.

Call me selfish, but I don't want to see him at any other A-League club, because lets be fair we all know what he can do.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Mon May 07, 2012 9:53 pm

Ali abbas? Jeremy brockie?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Futbol_Crazy21

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Mon May 07, 2012 9:54 pm

Ali abbas? Jeremy brockie?
I don't think kossie specified that it was a NEW signing but rather someone signing on for next season. Boogaard?
bpowell454

Postby bpowell454 Mon May 07, 2012 9:56 pm

Hope it's not Rees...
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon May 07, 2012 9:59 pm

In regards to the club not signing flores...

I saw the interview, it was a diplomatic answer, kossie is not going to say they are negotiating a deal to lose van dijk or vidosic when nothing is finalised not to mention waiting till after the round of 16 to ensure there are no distractions
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Futbol_Crazy21

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Mon May 07, 2012 9:59 pm

Hope it's not Rees...
EdDog

Postby EdDog Tue May 08, 2012 1:18 am

No Rees or Brockie. Rees past it, Brockie useless.
ganas
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: CASSIOOOOOOOOOOOO

Postby ganas Tue May 08, 2012 9:23 am

its del piero
ganas
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: CASSIOOOOOOOOOOOO

Postby ganas Tue May 08, 2012 9:27 am

its boogs

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/ade ... -Red/47231
Adelaide United FC is delighted to announce that defender Nigel Boogaard has committed to the club for a further two years.

Following negotiations, 25 year old Boogaard, whose contract was set to end at the conclusion of United’s AFC Champions League campaign, put pen to paper to extend his time at the Reds until the end of the 2013/14 season.

“A bit of security is always good and it’s pleasing to put it behind me now and be able to concentrate on football,” Boogaard said.

“I always had plans to stay and continue my time here and am glad that we have been able to work something out.”

“I’m looking forward to the rest of the AFC Champions League and feel with the squad we have, hopefully we can finish the campaign off well and take this success into next season.”

Since John Kosmina took charge of the Reds back in December, Boogaard has only missed one of the club’s past 22 games, the former Australian Under 23 representative becoming a linchpin in United’s defence.

“I’m really happy to have Nigel stay on for another two seasons, he’s gone from strength to strength in the last couple of months and he’s been really instrumental in our success in the Asian Champions League,” Kosmina said.

“If we get him fit I think he can be a real asset to the club and I think he has shown that in the last couple of months.”

Indeed Boogaard has been a key figure in the Reds’ AFC Champions League campaign. He scored the crucial first goal in Tashkent against Bunyodkor in Match Day 1 and has been part of a Reds defence that has conceded just only two goals in five games.

But according to Kosmina, Boogaard’s value to the squad is not only limited to his football talent, the defender with 87 Hyundai A-League appearances to his name, which includes 55 in four seasons for the Central Coast Mariners, having also brought a strong and positive presence around the playing group.

“He’s a leader, he’s a really good club man and I think that was shown when he picked up the Best Team Man Award at the Presentation Night recently,” Kosmina said.

“He’s a player that is there for his team mates and for the club and that’s important in this day and age.”

Boogaard made the move from Gosford to join the Reds in June 2010, although he received a setback in his first season at the club after suffering a serious ankle injury in a training mishap just one game in, which saw him miss a large portion of the Hyundai A-League 2010/11 season.

However, once he started back playing, he has proven himself as a valuable addition and on field leader for the Reds.

Boogaard’s signing takes the Reds’ player roster for next season to 22, just one shy of the maximum 23 permitted for each Hyundai A-League club.
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Tue May 08, 2012 9:32 am

Legen - wait for it, wait for it! - dary!
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
bpowell454

Postby bpowell454 Tue May 08, 2012 12:09 pm

Hope he was cheap. Haven't liked him since he gave away that penalty against gold coast in the finals last year.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue May 08, 2012 12:56 pm

Love it when a player re-signs after an initial stint, it shows the fans he wants to be here
Max Power
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Robert 20 Goals Younis

Postby Max Power Tue May 08, 2012 4:24 pm

Hrmmmm I think he is handy but prone to the odd error. Hope he improves a bit this year, a good signing. Better than Rees.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Tue May 08, 2012 6:18 pm

Very happy with that. He definately seems like the kind of play that a CSL or K-league side would pick up soon IMO. A good player and maybe a good earner for AU as well!
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”