We're through!

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

We're through!

Postby Stuckey Wed May 02, 2012 9:25 pm

Round of 16 here we come!

Enjoy it everyone!

:boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:
Time to Djbate!
mr united
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: We're through!

Postby mr united Wed May 02, 2012 9:33 pm

big deal, will finish second in group now and play away, boring match boring style,cant go far if you cant score goals especially at home.gee adelaide fans have been given a load of crap displays at home this year.
mr united

Postby mr united Wed May 02, 2012 9:37 pm

í dont get how you can play 2 kids before van dijk,they must be trying to piss him off so he asks to leave well done au!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed May 02, 2012 9:39 pm

big deal, will finish second in group now and play away, boring match boring style,cant go far if you cant score goals especially at home.gee adelaide fans have been given a load of crap displays at home this year.
Dude to go thru from a group with the resources we have is nothing short of amazing!
Gamba spent more on coming here then we have over the whole campaign.
Maybe you should change your name from Mr 'United' to Mr Whinger.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed May 02, 2012 9:40 pm

í dont get how you can play 2 kids before van dijk,they must be trying to piss him off so he asks to leave well done au!
And you're 100% sure he's fit? Maybe he wasn't worth the risk?
Time to Djbate!
mr united

Postby mr united Wed May 02, 2012 9:43 pm

ok fine we will make ourselves feel better by playing the underdog card.if van dijk isnt fit why have him on the bench?,it was mooted tonite on the news that van dijk wouldnt be played tonite kossie said nthing about being injured just doesnt suit our boring asian cup style
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed May 02, 2012 9:52 pm

Who would you have to replace him? 75% fit Serg is better then most of the kids we have to replace him. But still if we need only a draw why bother risking him? Risk management.
There is no playing the underdog card. We are the underdog. Endo earns more money then the entire AU squad! I'd call that being the under dog.
I'm sorry mate but whingers like you really burn my baggle. At the start of the ACL you (type of people) were writing us off saying why embarass our selves on the international stage. Now we prove that wrong you whinge that we didn't play attacking enough.
What would you rather? Be Brisbane and play pretty football only to come last or Grind out results and atm top the group? As I have said before substance over style my friend!
Time to Djbate!
EdDog

Postby EdDog Wed May 02, 2012 10:05 pm

Didn't Serj play against White City and score 2 goals last week??

He could have not been 100% but if it were me, and he were fit, I'd have brought him on at the 60th minute - but I'm not a coach, not even close.

He holds up the ball far better than Bruce and what more can you ask for than a big towering forward against tiring defenders.

But we're through :D Has anyone done the math to see who we play if we finish top or second in the knockout?

Good to see Fyfe back, smelled of playing for the draw towards the end there...
mr united

Postby mr united Wed May 02, 2012 10:07 pm

not a whinger just a realist,and before you say im a fairweather or bandwagoner ive been there since day 1 payed up season ticketholder ok so dont label me cause i have an opinion you dont agree with.to be honest i would rather play like bris and win the a-league and have an average acl.lets face it we will never win this comp.but people in aust only know who wins the a-league and unfort i hate to say the club has made some piss poor decisions even dating back to kossies first stint cause of his ego with mori,we would of won the league in year 1 with mori and what do we do now we go back to kossie cause he writes a colum in a paper,so wow he must be a great coach when we didnt even look past him for next year.thats what pisses me off.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed May 02, 2012 10:09 pm

Didn't Serj play against White City and score 2 goals last week??

He could have not been 100% but if it were me, and he were fit, I'd have brought him on at the 60th minute - but I'm not a coach, not even close.

He holds up the ball far better than Bruce and what more can you ask for than a big towering forward against tiring defenders.

But we're through :D Has anyone done the math to see who we play if we finish top or second in the knockout?

Good to see Fyfe back, smelled of playing for the draw towards the end there...
So did last week but I was gladly proven wrong!
Nagoya, CCM and Seongnam can all make it thru still. Also depends on Bunyodkor and Pohang. If Bunyodkor win as they should playing home we'll top the group.
Pohang beat Gamba 2-0. Now I recommend they focus on the J-league and forget completely on the ACL!
Time to Djbate!
EdDog

Postby EdDog Wed May 02, 2012 10:13 pm

Can only play Mariners if we top the group and they scrape second.

That'd draw a crowd!
EdDog

Postby EdDog Wed May 02, 2012 10:15 pm

Serj got a hattrick against White City according to the thread on here.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed May 02, 2012 10:15 pm

not a whinger just a realist,and before you say im a fairweather or bandwagoner ive been there since day 1 payed up season ticketholder ok so dont label me cause i have an opinion you dont agree with.to be honest i would rather play like bris and win the a-league and have an average acl.lets face it we will never win this comp.but people in aust only know who wins the a-league and unfort i hate to say the club has made some piss poor decisions even dating back to kossies first stint cause of his ego with mori,we would of won the league in year 1 with mori and what do we do now we go back to kossie cause he writes a colum in a paper,so wow he must be a great coach when we didnt even look past him for next year.thats what pisses me off.
Well I feel very sorry for you that you feel so bad on a great day in AUFC history.
I very much hope you eat those word I put in bold!
I agree the club was made a few bad choices. But who hasn't in life? Why spend all your time focusing on the bad stuff and clearly missing out on the good. Getting upset about this past isn't getting you anywhere. Why not just enjoy the moment? Its the forth time a HAL club has made it thru to the knock out stage of the ACL and three of those times are AUFC. I'd say although the club has made a few errors they have certainly done a few things right along the way too.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed May 02, 2012 10:18 pm

Serj got a hattrick against White City according to the thread on here.
That was against a Premier league reserve side in the second half.
I'm not sure if he's injured or not but IMO there is more to it then that. But I certainly hope we haven't seen the last of Serg. Definately my favourite Red!
Time to Djbate!
BC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Fyfes beard

Postby BC Wed May 02, 2012 10:28 pm

ACL specalists! A point well earned, not every day you beat a couple of asian giants to the next round :D
He scores with his left
He scores with his riiight
Marcelo Carrusca makes Flores look shite

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”