We're through!

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Re: We're through!

Postby sevengoals Thu May 03, 2012 6:01 pm

I don't want United to play Brisbane style.
I don't want United to play Melbourne style.

I want United to play Adelaide style.
Adelaide Soul style!

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby EdDog Thu May 03, 2012 6:09 pm

haha we are quick with the memory,ok just answer me this,trivia questions how many grandfinals has merrick won? then answer how many kossie has won? and when you have finished add up the total of trophies won by each and then let me know the answer.i await the answer. :?
TROLLLLL IN THE DUNNGEONS!!!
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Thu May 03, 2012 6:27 pm

I don't want United to play Brisbane style.
I don't want United to play Melbourne style.

I want United to play Adelaide style.
Adelaide Soul style!

B)
Amen Brother!
Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Thu May 03, 2012 7:00 pm

haha we are quick with the memory,ok just answer me this,trivia questions how many grandfinals has merrick won? then answer how many kossie has won? and when you have finished add up the total of trophies won by each and then let me know the answer.i await the answer. :?
Answer is 4 but those were won when the quality of the league was at a lower standard.

But that doesn't stray from the fact that you complained about our STYLE, yet you would have Merrick over Kossie. Anyone who knows the A-League, anyone who knows football in Australia knows Merrick doesn't implement a very attractive style of play.

Teams don't always play the most attractive style but still win stuff so I don't get why you would add MV's trophy cabinet into the argument unless your trying to justify "ugly football" which would contradict what you had in your first post.
big deal, will finish second in group now and play away, boring match boring style.
Your words.
Last edited by Futbol_Crazy21 on Fri May 04, 2012 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bundibundi

Postby bundibundi Fri May 04, 2012 1:48 am

Fark me, someone had bucket of lemons shoved down his throat! The funny thing is that your doppelganger over in Tashkent is probably saying the same thing. Oh Bunyodkor were so shit, so boring, they barely had a shot and missed all the ones they did, United should have beat them 3-0. Trololololololololo. Blah blah blah.

The fact is we got the results we needed early, we needed a draw last night to qualify for the next round, we got it (forgetting the many chances we had early to get on the board). The other teams in the ACL are now reaching their peak fitness levels as they get deeper into their season, we are at the end of our season and its obvious by the second half of the game that our fitness is slowing down. The bonus side of this is that if we can maintain our fitness things should level out a bit later on in the tournament(if we can progress).

When was the last time we beat Brisbane Roar? I recall copping a 7-1 hiding from them earlier this year. At the end of the year we adjusted our style to what we had been playing in the ACL and grounded out a draw. Now look at Brisbane getting their asses whooped by all the other teams in ACL - what would you be saying had we lost to Bunyodkor 7-1?

There's a saying that goes "Life's easier as a pessimist, you're rarely disappointed". I'd offer the opposite, seems you live a life of disappointment.
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Fri May 04, 2012 9:49 am

not a whinger just a realist,and before you say im a fairweather or bandwagoner ive been there since day 1 payed up season ticketholder ok so dont label me cause i have an opinion you dont agree with.to be honest i would rather play like bris and win the a-league and have an average acl.lets face it we will never win this comp.but people in aust only know who wins the a-league and unfort i hate to say the club has made some piss poor decisions even dating back to kossies first stint cause of his ego with mori,we would HAVE won the league in year 1 with mori and what do we do now we go back to kossie cause he writes a colum in a paper,so wow he must be a great coach when we didnt even look past him for next year.thats what pisses me off.
:?
fixed
Um, we did win the league or are you guys thinking like the MV teens who don't understand what a Premiership is? :angel:
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Fri May 04, 2012 12:03 pm

I was just being a grammar Nazi, tbh.
Max Power
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Robert 20 Goals Younis

Postby Max Power Fri May 04, 2012 3:54 pm

This mrunited bloke belongs on Football News with the rest of the whinging bitches!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri May 04, 2012 4:00 pm

To be fair, everyone has their own oppinions and the beauty about this forum unlike pretty much everywhere else online is that you dont get chopped down here for it.

Agree to disagree?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Fri May 04, 2012 4:58 pm

I'll agree he has certainly got more people posting on here in the last few days! Nothing like a good troll to get everyone reved up!
Time to Djbate!
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Mon May 07, 2012 9:23 am

A good troll stimulates discussion so I have no problem with good trolls, it is when you get winding up for the sake of it ala footballnews & fourfourtwo that it gets my goat.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
davidbloop
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene Galekovic

Postby davidbloop Mon May 07, 2012 11:50 am

Who cares about anything other than the fact that WE FUCKING GOT THROUGH!

It's great coz noone (not even myself) thought we'd even come close before the ACL campaign started.
ADEL-GOONERS
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Sergi maybe Slory
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Rolling along by a mile

Postby ADEL-GOONERS Mon May 07, 2012 7:32 pm

dont really want to play ccm , rather play an asian team
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Tue May 08, 2012 7:00 pm

dont really want to play ccm , rather play an asian team
Me too. I just get the feeling other Asian sides just can't quite work us out. CCM will just play their normal style and we probably won't have much answer for it. But it should be at Hindmarsh and that does count for something!
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”