Fan sponsorship

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Fan sponsorship

Postby shinAUFC Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:39 pm

On fourfourtwo forums jessesdad who is also a casual user here came up with the idea after the palmer sponsorship debacle that if the club ifs so desperate for sponsors maybe fans for just 1 game could pass the hat around and get a sleeve or shorts sponsorship or something there abouts where fans could literally have a bit of them out on the pitch.

This was mentioned briefly in another thread and a few people put their hands up immediately wanting to contribute.

From what i read on fourfourtwo ( i browse as a guest) the club neither said yes or no.

So i figured making a thread about it might encourage some interest and ideas and who knows....it may just get some traction.

Imagine owning an official AU shirt that bears a sponsor that you have personally bankrolled , personally i think it could be a great news story !

I have nothing to do with the idea personally nor do i know jessesdad/ stephen further then his blogs and occasional posts but im happy to support a great idea and help give it some legs!

I think the general would know the ins and out a little better then me.

Discuss/
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: Fan sponsorship

Postby Stuckey Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:51 am

As I said on the other thread personally I would much rather put money towards a membership/ownership of the club. I'm not talking about entire ownership but some sort of %. I think as fans especially the ones who whinge about the way the club is run, this would be a fantastic way for them to put their money where their mouth is.
Glen Elliot at the fan committee did say that although AUFC aren't looking at fan ownership in the short term if a group of fans came with a decent amount of cash the club would obviously listen.
IMO $500,000 is probably a decent enough amount of money to get out foot in the door. $500 X 1000 people = $500,000. So roughly 10% of a home crowd. I would be very surprised if a well organised operation promoted on match days wouldn't create a large amount of interest.
Personally I feel sponsorship is only a short term solution to a long term problem and in 5 years sure we would have the memory and the shirts from that sponsorship, but with fan ownership we would still have that and it would be up to the individual when they get rid of it.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:59 am

I think u have missed the point a little.

And finding 1000 people to front up $500 bucks ontop of membership is unrealistic
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:36 am

I think u have missed the point a little.

And finding 1000 people to front up $500 bucks ontop of membership is unrealistic
I don't think it is. A lot of people would be willing to put money into something they believe in. If it could be proved at the money would definately go somewhere I think there would be a lot of interested members. I think if it started now and was organised properly and people fund raised at matches we could have a decent amount of money within a season.
I realise the point of this is AUFC are short a bob and we don't really want to see Clive tangle us in his web. But as I said sponsorship is a short term solution.
Time to Djbate!
bpowell454
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:45 am

I think sponsorship is a more realistic option, $30 from 10000 people or $50 from 6000 seems more achievable for the average fan. Sponsorship on a year by year basis would be good I think. It also gives small business an opportunity to contribute something to the club. It could just be a single page website with a list of all contributors like this-
-----

AFU - Adelaide Fans United

------
Platinum Sponsors ($251-$1000)

Joes Plumbing Supplies (Adelaide, Australia)
------
Gold Sponsors ($101-$250)

The Smith Family (Victor Harbor, Australia)
------
Red Sponsors ($30-$100)

Average Joe (Reading,UK)
------

Any logos or names could be suggested by members, narrowed down by those involved and then polled on the web page.

The club would have to be involved so people had a brand that they could trust their money to and also maybe have a couple events a year like "fans picnic" and get a couple of players out to sign autographs and meet and greet. Maybe also the club could supply a full team signed top as a raffle prize for members.

I'd love to help this happen for real.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:31 pm

The club already has that. Although it doesn't say how much people give

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/ade ... urpartners
Time to Djbate!
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:44 pm

Oh cool,

Something like that is how I pictured it.
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:35 am

The club already has that. Although it doesn't say how much people give

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/ade ... urpartners
You should be able to tell based on what they have sponsored, like a player or coach or whatever.

I would love to see something like this get up and then get shirt or sleeve sponsorship.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”