Vidosic?

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

MelbourneRed
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Fabio Ferreira
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Rolling Along

Vidosic?

Postby MelbourneRed Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:18 am

With the news that his old man will be taking the reigns up at Brisbane I'm just wondering what people rate our chances are of hanging onto Dario for next season.

From memory he signed a three year deal prior to arriving, but given his continual expressions of admiration for the Roar on twitter, rumour of a proposed move up there earlier this year and now this I have a horrible feeling he may be on the way sooner than that.

I have seen Rado say they won't chase him but as he's been in the job about 48 hours I'm not reading too much into that at this stage; also, not sure how this can happen with A-League transfer rules for in-contract players but I remember a lot of talk about in move in January in a 'player swap' deal.

Personally, I think it would be a shame to lose him given that I don't think we've seen his best in a red shirt yet.
"To say that these men paid their shillings to watch twenty-two hirelings kick a ball is merely to say that a violin is wood and catgut, that Hamlet is so much paper and ink." - JB Priestly
double07
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cirio

Re: Vidosic?

Postby double07 Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:51 am

Kossie has said he's a required player and he has 2 years left on his deal. So end of story really?

The only way I could see him being released is if we picked up an expensive player to replace him in the Flores mould.
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:56 am

Well he can only leave us by mutual agreement and it doesn't appear we are in agreement about letting him go, so until that changes?
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:58 am

Not a huge loss if he'd rather by playing at home for his dad. When he's mentally off he tends to disappear from a game too easily and I'd rather someone absolutely committed to the cause.

Some decent compensation for him and let the pursuit of Flores begin in earnest.
double07
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cirio

Postby double07 Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:03 pm

Doesn't help that he was surrounded by a bunch of noobs all season. How would've Broich done in our team this year?
mr united

Postby mr united Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:58 pm

no great loss
Agostinho
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jeronicello Ferreira

Postby Agostinho Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:03 pm

Some decent compensation for him and let the pursuit of Flores begin in earnest.
Can we get any compensation for him if he joins another A-League team?
#WeAreUnited
General Ashnak

Postby General Ashnak Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:13 pm

Can we get any compensation for him if he joins another A-League team?
No as he can only go to another A-League club if his contract is terminated by mutual agreement.

Edit: Had a thought, if the Bakries want him then they can sign him to one of their other clubs paying us compensation and then loan him to BR...
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:41 pm

We could get a golden handshake deal where we might get visconte and issey .

Its not really a trade more releasing players with the intention of them signing at said club....from what ive heard and read that what was possibly happening in january but never eventuated.

I found it very interesting on twitter, vidosic was tweeting all about brisbane in acl and the grand final, caravella replied with something like" nice of you to acknowledge your own clubs win in acl " ...( something like that)

Id rather support state league players who wanna play for the people in the stands that paid for their ticket.... Not a hotshot who wants to be somewhere else
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:08 pm

Its not really a trade more releasing players with the intention of them signing at said club....from what ive heard and read that what was possibly happening in january but never eventuated.

I found it very interesting on twitter, vidosic was tweeting all about brisbane in acl and the grand final, caravella replied with something like" nice of you to acknowledge your own clubs win in acl " ...( something like that)

Id rather support state league players who wanna play for the people in the stands that paid for their ticket.... Not a hotshot who wants to be somewhere else
Wow! Not sure if its a joke or not but thats a bit harsh from Caravella. Vidosic is only twitter about AUFC games all the time. Hardly hear anything from Caravella!
Double07 summed it up IMO
Kossie has said he's a required player and he has 2 years left on his deal. So end of story really?
Time to Djbate!
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:20 pm

We have 7 whole months to ponder this conundrum.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:22 pm

We have 7 whole months to ponder this conundrum.

B)
And I would be very surprised if we get much further then we are now! Without an announcement of some kind!
Time to Djbate!
General Ashnak

Postby General Ashnak Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:15 pm

Issey is off contract already and hasn't been seen around BR for a while (not a GF, not at the parade, nothing) and Visconte can take a flying leap ;) As for Twitter, I see Dario tweeting about Barca more than he does anything else with AUFC being his next most common ones I would say.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
mr united

Postby mr united Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:39 pm

if issey takes up an import spot,i say give him a miss,im sure we can find a better import.id take visconte,dario can go very overrated had 1 or 2 outsanding matches all year not good enough for a player on top money.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:42 pm

Issey is off contract already and hasn't been seen around BR for a while (not a GF, not at the parade, nothing) and Visconte can take a flying leap ;) As for Twitter, I see Dario tweeting about Barca more than he does anything else with AUFC being his next most common ones I would say.
Yeah i only mention issey and visconte as their names came up in the many rumours.

Though id love visconte here, as we have such great local youth at the club currently almost the perfect mix of experience and youth.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”