AUFC plans to wear Football Australia logo

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

General Ashnak
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Re: AUFC plans to wear Football Australia logo

Postby General Ashnak Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:00 am

$1.3mil = Flores
I would be sorely tempted as well.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
ganas
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: CASSIOOOOOOOOOOOO

Postby ganas Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:19 pm

i disagree... we should be keeping our distance from old clive. his heart is not in football. as said previously, he isn't trying to better the game. he is trying to ruin FFA. i dont care how desperate our club is for money, we should never have engaged with him.

i am honestly disgraced that our club went down this path and i have let them know.

we all know things need to change in the FFA, but through clive is not the way to make it known.
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:17 pm

we all know things need to change in the FFA, but through clive is not the way to make it known.
Ganas, how do we make it known? All of us as supporters want the same thing: a sustainable league with thriving clubs.

FFA don't know how to achieve this, yet refuse to acknowledge (and I don't mean Ben Buckley smiling wanly on SBS live football forums, I mean actually demonstrate there is a strategy and path in place) anything that differs from their viewpoint.

I say we take Clive's cash and ensure AUFC is around to be part of whatever unfolds. But I think the A-League as we know it pretty much ends after the GF this weekend.
ganas
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: CASSIOOOOOOOOOOOO

Postby ganas Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:12 pm

which is why the new committee has been created with the club owners. and what an embarrassment it is for our owners, who have supported this new committee and were lucky enough to be appointed to this new committee... then go and do the complete opposite and turn to Clive.

if they wanted to do this, why not bring it out in the open. it was reported in today's paper that this had been discussed from last week. why not notify FFA then that we are deseperate for the money, this is what we are going to do.

for me, and i could be wrong, and please tell me if i am, it seems as if our owners new this path was wrong and tried to sneek it through without the FFA knowing.

for the first time i feel embarrassed by the club over this incident. we are on one face crying for the FFA to include us more and then we turn around and isolate them on this issue.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:54 pm

All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:03 pm

Yeah, I agree we haven't done it as well as should have been done.

But Clive's money is real and going to constructively help our club. A brand new FFA committee is going to take 12 months to even establish what it's meant to do.

Maybe look at it this way: we're on the committee, but it STILL made more sense to go with Clive.

That doesn't demonstrate a whole lot of faith in a committee from its own members. There could be a Super League-style split (and resolution) coming up and I think AUFC's trying to establish friends on both sides
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:35 pm

Why would Palmer want to put $1.3m in AU?
What does he want in return?
A medium for his views?
Part ownership?

Smoke and mirrors.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:03 am

Yeah, I agree we haven't done it as well as should have been done.

But Clive's money is real and going to constructively help our club. A brand new FFA committee is going to take 12 months to even establish what it's meant to do.

Maybe look at it this way: we're on the committee, but it STILL made more sense to go with Clive.

That doesn't demonstrate a whole lot of faith in a committee from its own members. There could be a Super League-style split (and resolution) coming up and I think AUFC's trying to establish friends on both sides
I'd love to meet anyone who isn't on FFA payroll that has faith in the new committee!
Last edited by Stuckey on Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:29 am

THE AFC pushed through new regulations yesterday after Adelaide United's attempted sponsorship gaffe.

The AFC's code of behaviour means clubs need approval from member federations and the Asian governing body before sponsors are signed off.

The law is effective immediately, in a bid to halt what could have been a potential disaster for FFA after the AFC last week approved Clive Palmer's "Football of Australia" shirt slogan.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/soc ... 6333812157

So we officially can't wear Football Australia on our shirts but if (for whatever reason) Clive still wants to pump money into AUFC he can thru any of his other companies. IMO this is a good scenario because know AU can't get into trouble as long as were aren't held to any of Clive's demands for change yadda yadda.
I love Greg Griffin's comment when Val asked about Clive's sponsorship
Ring Clive!
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”