Gerard assures AU survival

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Gerard assures AU survival

Postby Stuckey Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:34 am

PHILANTHROPIST Robert Gerard has guaranteed Adelaide United's survival.

Hours after billionaire Nathan Tinkler 's Hunter Sports Group company announced it would no longer fund Newcastle Jets and would hand the licence to the A-League, Gerard said his consortium's stance on keeping the Reds long term was not in any danger.

"I'm absolutely confident with the game," said Gerard, who was on an ocean cruise near Dubai yesterday.

"We have no problems."
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/soc ... 6323273392
Nice to actually hear from Rob on AU. I think in the time he has been in control of the club we have heard from him a hand full of times.
IMO no problems should probably read as no major problems that can cause us to fold, because we all know AU has problems.
Time to Djbate!
Nash
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Eugene and Cassio

Re: Gerard assures AU survival

Postby Nash Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:46 am

oh shit yea, i forgot about Birra. poor bastard, i'd be stressing like crazy right now.

there won't be an AU without a league to play in tho.... still, great to hear confidence coming from our owners. besides buying all of Rini's words, i think our owners are fantastic and truly committed.

also, quite ballsy of Bruce to openly speak out on twitter... more harsh ref'ing decisions to go against him next season? :p
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:32 am

Our owners should be confident about our club, but I am positive they have problems around the way the FFA 'run' the HAL.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:47 pm

I look forward to next season when we play Sydney, Brisbane, Victory, Heart and West Sydney.

Over and over again. Should be fun.

That's a joke. I hope.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:58 pm

Our owners should be confident about our club, but I am positive they have problems around the way the FFA 'run' the HAL.
Absolutely but they go about their issues in a much different way then others.

It seems to me that the mining magnates who tend to be self made and have a habit of getting their own way do things differently. Would rather throw their toys out of the pram and do things out of spite then work through a situation.

For example our board has made some shocking decisions recently that has hurt the club finacially and hurt the fans not to mention being screwed over by the afc, but the consortium is working through it and not deciding its just to hard so it will turn its back on its fans.

I commend them for that!!

But i suppose im in no position to cast judgement of the mining magnates in this country, they are self made and have their own way you cannot begrudge that it just doesnt mix well in the aleague imo
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
lufcmike

Postby lufcmike Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:50 pm

Oh great
The chairman has the full confidence in the club.
I hope that isn't similiar speak as in relation to the coach. Cause we know what that means when the have full confidence in the coach :arrow:

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”